Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Darkmane

Missile Runes (Minds, Chaos, Deaths) Useless?

It seems to me that with the introduction of EoC missile runes such as minds, chaos, deaths, etc. now have no place in the game? All spells can be cast without them using just elemental runes. Have I missed something? Is there still a use for these types of runes?

As far as I know, Ancients still need catalytic runes (that is what they are called. They are not "missile" runes, they are "catalytic" runes). Catalytic runes have just been removed from missile spells in the normal book.

Ohh I see. So in terms of "free-play" magic use, catalytic runes have no use? Other than for curses I suppose as Cockatrice suggested.

Ohh I see. So in terms of "free-play" magic use, catalytic runes have no use? Other than for curses I suppose as Cockatrice suggested.

Amber is the wrong guy to go naming titles with. :P

Those runes are pretty much useless if you're freeplay. You could try selling them, but I suggest just holding on to at least some of them in case you ever need them again (i.e. they are reintroduced for magic attack spells).

Amber is the wrong guy to go naming titles with. :P

I love how many people seem to notice their own name and know where it is, but then they go and look at other people's titles and assume that's the name.

But yeah, keep some catalytics in case you want to use binds or such or just in case something else needs them.

Or, you know, just train Runecrafting/get membership.

As far as I know, Ancients still need catalytic runes (that is what they are called. They are not "missile" runes, they are "catalytic" runes). Catalytic runes have just been removed from missile spells in the normal book.

The examine descriptions for {Mind/Chaos/Death/Blood} runes used to be "Used for {basic/low/medium/high} level missile spells."

Even after additional spellbooks were added to the game, "missile" spells were still the spells that those 4 runes were most closely associated with by players, until EOC removed the need for them.

Catalytic runes, on the other hand, refer to all non-elemental runes, including noncombat ones like cosmics and laws.

Edited by -Leaf-