Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nazgulwing

Pokemon Forever

So I sent a message to Nintendo last week suggesting that they should combine all the generations into one giant game, and they replied saying that they liked the idea enough to forward it to the higher ups. I sent a more detailed description later.... What do you guys think?

Hi, I contacted Nintendo last week about the Pokemon series and I had the suggestion about making a colossal Pokemon that combined the generations/regions into a single game. The guy who responded seemed to like the suggestion and I just had a little more I wanted to add onto it.

I know that with the Nintendo 3DS that the actual game can be saved onto the SD card, so you could possibly have multiple cartridges (1-3 regions on a cartridge if the problem is a having enough software) for when you travel between regions (use the region changeover as a save point).

Another feature that I think Pokemon lovers would like, is having a random start region (and the continuation of the game, aka the next region you play in is random, that way there is a huge variety in gameplay). The Pokemon exclusive to certain regions would remain within the regions until the full game is beaten (beat all 5 elite fours (or maybe 6 if you include the still coming out pokemon generation)). This would offer a huge variety in the gameplay(which would keep player's interest). The increase in difficulty shouldn't be based on which region you start in, but by the number of badges and Elite fours you have beaten(I'm trying to explain it as best I can).

I also think, since the game would be huge, the max level should be raised to 250ish (I think that's the max level with the glitches in Red/Blue/Yellow) that way it doesn't become too easy.

I think what the player's liked the most about the games was getting their beloved Pokemon to evolve, so I think if you found a way to make the 4th and 5th gen Pokemon so more evolutions (because I noticed that not very many sets evolved more than once in these 2 generations). Maybe even bring in the "Pokegods" (the made up evolutions, such as Charizard evolving into Charcoalt with the "Mist Stone")

I think what irked a majority of the players was that a huge majority of the legendary pokemon (only a Mew and Celebi you can get with glitches in Gen 1 and 2) you couldn't receive without going to certain one time exclusive Nintendo events (especially with the newer generations). Players will fall in love with the game if you created side-quests or something that allowed them the chance to catch these legendary Pokemon.

Also, this game is overdue for a new type of Pokemon to be introduced, I know this is hard because there really are not many options left, but my idea would be Cosmic or Space type Pokemon. Or have a 3 type Pokemon (Dark/dragon/grass or something all in one). You could also introduce "fusion" attacks that like a "steam" attack that is both effective on like grass and rock type Pokemon.

That's all I have, but I when I talk about Pokemon to people who loved the 1st and 2nd generation, they say that they won't play any of the newer Pokemon games unless they combined it all into one giant game. Lastly, not only would the game sell, but these people (most of which don't have a Nintendo 3DS) would probably buy a Nintendo 3DS just to play it. As a title suggestion call it "Pokemon Forever!"

Thank you, hopefully you enjoy this idea like I do.

People have been asking for this ever since the Hoenn region. I doubt it will happen in the foreseeable future, but hey it's something worth pushing for :P. I'll gladly take my words back if it does happen in the coming couple of years though :)

i dont reckon all pokemon games maybe just some of the originals and stuff like i dont want no black and white shizzle wizzle up in my original pokemans!!

i honestly doubt this would be made the guy you talked to probably just got fired from his job at nintendo 4 such a suggestion :/ :/

It would be awesome to see, but I doubt combining all pokemon games into one big game would be created as less profit

make a game w gen 1 2 3 4 regions all in one

all my monies

what they should do is have a game where the trainers have to fight pokemon and pokeballs don't exist, but then halfway through they invent pokeballs so they can start capturing the pokemon instead of just killing them

i would kill for an open world pokemon game

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.