Sal's RuneScape Forum
Kyra10987

probably going to quit sal's

i'm going to a community with more similar interests. and to a place where i won't get made fun of for asking serious questions (cough, my "fashion help" topic) or saying that my real life problems of being bullied at school is "teenage angst" or whatever you call it. also i'm sick of the elitist community here, where it is plagued by trolls and people who do not think that other people's problems are actually serious. (just going to let you know, having a difficult family life plus problems with bullying at school is an actual serious problem...!!!!!) and a majority of you are willing to pass judgement on me without knowing hardly anything about me. which i do not enjoy. i also do not enjoy getting made fun of because i have different hobbies than most of you.

people i can thank:

mr. e

guitarguy

eval riz

fangy

dimosthimise

whiskas

mfi

merch gwyar

fishing icon

if you want to keep in contact with me (although not many of you will probably want to) private message me and if i respond it's because i think that you can contact me.

if you want to follow my art/cosplay updates just follow my tumblr at woxihuanchirenrou.tumblr.com

Don't let the few goosedowns ruin the experience for you, and from what I've seen, they are a very small minority. Please don't let that make you leave. You're awesome, please stay.

Edited by Click This

Truly a hateful community for not liking what you like.

Bye!

Edited by Zooey

I'll just see you in the many other mediums of communication we have, so a not-so-much-bye.

Truly a hateful community for not liking what you like.

Bye!

i never said it was hateful for not liking what i like. i said i'm leaving for another community with similar interests. i said that i don't enjoy getting made fun of and my problems getting trivialized and such. i get bullied enough at school- i don't need it online either.

Please don't let those few people get you down and 'force' you to move to a new community. I know it can be hard to ignore them, but while there is a small handful of people who have no idea what you're going through (or they do, because they went through it themselves but pretend they haven't), there are a lot of us who do understand and care.

Please don't let those few people get you down and 'force' you to move to a new community. I know it can be hard to ignore them, but while there is a small handful of people who have no idea what you're going through (or they do, because they went through it themselves but pretend they haven't), there are a lot of us who do understand and care.

This.

I'm going to miss seeing all your cosplay costumes, I think its incredible seeing the things you can produce!

Don't leave!

I used to feel like you (I quit like 5 times because of it), but it tends to pass. There is always going to be the few people who aren't cool, but you end up noticing once you quit that the cool part of the community out weighs the not so cool part and you end up crawling back. And to be fair, we're on a runescape forum, any form of mocking of past times is irrelevant :P

i'm going to a community with more similar interests. and to a place where i won't get made fun of for asking serious questions (cough, my "fashion help" topic) or saying that my real life problems of being bullied at school is "teenage angst" or whatever you call it. also i'm sick of the elitist community here, where it is plagued by trolls and people who do not think that other people's problems are actually serious. (just going to let you know, having a difficult family life plus problems with bullying at school is an actual serious problem...!!!!!) and a majority of you are willing to pass judgement on me without knowing hardly anything about me. which i do not enjoy. i also do not enjoy getting made fun of because i have different hobbies than most of you.

people i can thank:

oh

bye

My first thought was, "aww, poor little baby boy is feeling left out." But after rereading what you wrote I changed my opinion. To be honest I agree with you on the trolls part. It is funny for a week but then it just gets annoying. Anyone can "troll," but if everyone did we would have a, to be blunt, crap forum. It really takes no skill or comedic talent. I haven't seen any of the other stuff you were talking about so I can't really comment on that, but if I said something to make you feel poorly I apologize, and I think most members here would too.

By the way (only saying this because some people leave because of it), I hope you or anyone else reading this is not leaving because you aren't considered "cool." Thinking that some people are better than others because some boneheads think they are "cool" is ridiculous enough in real life, not to mention an internet forum. And to be honest being considered "cool" on a runescape forum is probably a bad thing anyway. Who goes around saying "Im the most popular guy on an runescape forum lol." Nobody, because it's nothing to brag about. Sorry I had to vent my frustration there.

Good luck elsewhere if you decide to leave.

Edited by Sobend

In all honesty, this reads like it belongs in a thread from 2009. I'm sorry you feel this way, but what "trolls" are left?

Edited by Adam?

While I agree with you that the way some people troll is annoying, and rather unacceptable, I don't think it's fair grouping the whole forum under an "elitist community". And while these guys are present, perhaps asking about intricate or extremely personal problems isn't down to us, but perhaps real life friends or professionals. That's not to say you can't make friends online, and get help from them, but publicly posting asking for advice is BOUND to end up with one or two goosedowns responding to it maliciously.

It's sad to see you go, but perhaps instead of expecting the community as a whole to be there fully supporting you, with problems that an online community shouldn't really be supporting at the end of the day, you should accept that we're a community. We discuss RuneScape, video games, and Dani, not detailed psychological phenomenon such as bullying. If you want help with bullying - by all means ask, perhaps in a blog more than in the forums - but we can only do and suggest what we can, and there are ALWAYS going to be goosedowns around communities.

I liked/upvoted your post instinctively, but now it initially seems as if I liked the fact that you're leaving, which isn't the case. Whoops >.<.

Anyways omg im on the list I can understand the rationality of this decision. A public RuneScape forum is bound to attract some... undesirable users. That isn't to say, however, that any forum is perfect; a forum (of considerable size) which lacks many deliberately disruptive forumers is ripe for provisional amusement in the eyes of a troll. Those who interact with fellow forumers for the sole sake of attention will always exist, elitists who disregard the appearance of their intolerant criticism will always exist, and those who simply do not consider the consequences of their actions, treating what is evident on their computer screen as being nothing more than text on a computer screen, will always exist. Much like every other moderately populous online community, Sal's will inevitably become a home to a few of these detrimental users. Some communities consist of a higher portion of one group in comparison with another. Some are a safezone for those who aren't safe to others; a community of elitists "circlejerking", looking down upon those other forums without the consequence of being justly criticized, will find it to their beneficial to come together. Some are relatively safe from those who bring nothing but harm to a gathering of people with a common interest, but often with aspects (which often include a specific interest, eg. cosplay) which would prevent the participation of an ordinary Internet user. Hopefully, as I would presume from the first sentence of your post, you've found such an aforecited community which lacks the types of users that some other communities might appreciate. In which case, albeit I'm not fond of the fact that you're leaving, your decision may very well be the best, for although this community is perfect in the eyes of many, it might not be the right one for you.

Bye! :):(

I wish you wouldn't let the jackasses get you down, but you do what you think is best. There are always people who will judge you, and there will always be people who will talk down about your problems; you've just got to keep in mind they're pretty weak people who must have some issues of their own to act like that. I'll keep an eye on your tumblr, and I hope you stop through and keep us informed about Finland! <3

Bon voyage!

I have a bad habit of it. I've determined that instead of letting my mental health deteriorate more than it already has, that I should remove myself from a situation I am able to remove myself from.

And I will make another blog for Finland- I will post something about it or message you separately when I make it.

Don't let the few goosedowns ruin the experience for you, and from what I've seen, they are a very small minority. Please don't let that make you leave. You're awesome, please stay.

I will think about it. But my stay here has been pretty frustrating overall. I want to remove myself from the only negative situation I can, as I can't remove myself from my family situation or my school.

Yeah, but even with all of the nice things, the negative things stand out the most to me. It's just the way I am. They eat away at me for years on end.

watno

I love you

don't go :(

Can you please come back to post your finished palkia cosplay at least?? It looks awesome!!!!!!

I will. And I have a historical Hetalia cosplay that's coming up that will be quite awesome as well, as well as another one that I just need to wait for the right weather to have a photoshoot for it.

Don't leave!

I used to feel like you (I quit like 5 times because of it), but it tends to pass. There is always going to be the few people who aren't cool, but you end up noticing once you quit that the cool part of the community out weighs the not so cool part and you end up crawling back. And to be fair, we're on a runescape forum, any form of mocking of past times is irrelevant :P

The cool part of the community is welcome to talk to me outside of this forum, but I am removing myself from the negative aspect of it, which I cannot escape.

You forgot me. :(

Remember me in RS?

Sorry. I never really talked to you that much. Those people I talked/talk extensively to. I could always name a few more.

My first thought was, "aww, poor little baby boy is feeling left out." But after rereading what you wrote I changed my opinion. To be honest I agree with you on the trolls part. It is funny for a week but then it just gets annoying. Anyone can "troll," but if everyone did we would have a, to be blunt, crap forum. It really takes no skill or comedic talent. I haven't seen any of the other stuff you were talking about so I can't really comment on that, but if I said something to make you feel poorly I apologize, and I think most members here would too.

By the way (only saying this because some people leave because of it), I hope you or anyone else reading this is not leaving because you aren't considered "cool." Thinking that some people are better than others because some boneheads think they are "cool" is ridiculous enough in real life, not to mention an internet forum. And to be honest being considered "cool" on a runescape forum is probably a bad thing anyway. Who goes around saying "Im the most popular guy on an runescape forum lol." Nobody, because it's nothing to brag about. Sorry I had to vent my frustration there.

Good luck elsewhere if you decide to leave.

I'm a girl. Technically speaking. I would say something else about how I feel, but it would not be well received.

Also, I've long ago decided that if I were to be cool, it would be with people that I care about, like my friends or friend group (which is currently the Hetalia Chicago Chat Group on facebook.)

While I agree with you that the way some people troll is annoying, and rather unacceptable, I don't think it's fair grouping the whole forum under an "elitist community". And while these guys are present, perhaps asking about intricate or extremely personal problems isn't down to us, but perhaps real life friends or professionals. That's not to say you can't make friends online, and get help from them, but publicly posting asking for advice is BOUND to end up with one or two goosedowns responding to it maliciously.

It's sad to see you go, but perhaps instead of expecting the community as a whole to be there fully supporting you, with problems that an online community shouldn't really be supporting at the end of the day, you should accept that we're a community. We discuss RuneScape, video games, and Dani, not detailed psychological phenomenon such as bullying. If you want help with bullying - by all means ask, perhaps in a blog more than in the forums - but we can only do and suggest what we can, and there are ALWAYS going to be goosedowns around communities.

I'm not expecting the community as a whole to fully support me. I'm part of enough communities online to know that not everyone will like me. I do expect that people know what an appropriate time to troll would be, and when not to do it, or when it is absolutely not appropriate to attack me with a "oh teenage angst" statement when my life is actually not as great as it sounds to be.

I liked/upvoted your post instinctively, but now it initially seems as if I liked the fact that you're leaving, which isn't the case. Whoops >.<.

Anyways omg im on the list I can understand the rationality of this decision. A public RuneScape forum is bound to attract some... undesirable users. That isn't to say, however, that any forum is perfect; a forum (of considerable size) which lacks many deliberately disruptive forumers is ripe for provisional amusement in the eyes of a troll. Those who interact with fellow forumers for the sole sake of attention will always exist, elitists who disregard the appearance of their intolerant criticism will always exist, and those who simply do not consider the consequences of their actions, treating what is evident on their computer screen as being nothing more than text on a computer screen, will always exist. Much like every other moderately populous online community, Sal's will inevitably become a home to a few of these detrimental users. Some communities consist of a higher portion of one group in comparison with another. Some are a safezone for those who aren't safe to others; a community of elitists "circlejerking", looking down upon those other forums without the consequence of being justly criticized, will find it to their beneficial to come together. Some are relatively safe from those who bring nothing but harm to a gathering of people with a common interest, but often with aspects (which often include a specific interest, eg. cosplay) which would prevent the participation of an ordinary Internet user. Hopefully, as I would presume from the first sentence of your post, you've found such an aforecited community which lacks the types of users that some other communities might appreciate. In which case, albeit I'm not fond of the fact that you're leaving, your decision may very well be the best, for although this community is perfect in the eyes of many, it might not be the right one for you.

bye! I actually do feel like talking to you outside Sal's, so if you feel up to it, please drop a line :)

everyone else whom I didn't reply to: I do not feel like your post deserves an individual response. Or I didn't know how to respond.

Edited by Kyra10987

"oh teenager angst" will prove to be more true than you can imagine as you get past this. Sorry, lots of people (tempted to say "everyone") goes through it, to a lesser or greater extent, and few like to admit it's just something that happens.

Time to troll or not time to troll? I don't like trolling by in large, I think the scope for trolling is small, but everyone's "time to troll" is different - indeed, for some, that's ALL the time. It's everyone's personal judgement, and you just need to take it on the chin.

EDIT: I'm sure you feel this is wildly unhelpful, but just, make the most of your life. That includes this small, RuneScape forum, and it includes your school. Have a good experience. If you're bullied, ignore them, and move past it. I mean dude, if you're actually getting physically beat up on don't hesitate to tell someone. It doesn't make you a lesser person to not want to get the shizzle beat out of you. As for the family, I don't know the details, but reason, and if not, try to see their point of view (of limited use as, no details).

Edited by Hunter

really to me this seems like you're just trying to get attention. obviously there are some people here that actually enjoy you being a member of these forums. if someone "makes fun of you" then just ignore it. this is an internet forum for runescape, this is no where close to real life. but if it is like you say and you get made fun of enough in real life, then why not be a member of Sal's where a number of people actually enjoy you being here instead of nice doggy!ing about the ones you think don't want you here. i also seriously doubt there is a single member of Sal's that wants you to leave.

In all honesty, this reads like it belongs in a thread from 2009. I'm sorry you feel this way, but what "trolls" are left?

I'M OFFENDED BY ONE OF THE FIVE POSTS PER DAY THAT THIS FORUM GENERATES

Edited by Ramon