Sal's RuneScape Forum
Tabt

Old School RuneScape... You Vote!

@@Salmoneus, do you reckon you could make Sal's hiscores for 2007scape?

I also would like this if possible.

This.

I really don't see why 07Scape needs a development team behind it. You wanted 2007 Runescape back, and now you want updates? Isn't that what "killed" Runescape (for you anyway)? I dearly hope 500K votes is not met.

Well, I'm back for a bit! I shall test my patience and see if I am willing to start from scratch, but I don't hold up much hope. It's a shame that we have to start again. :(

-gazisere ^_^

Well, I'm back for a bit! I shall test my patience and see if I am willing to start from scratch, but I don't hold up much hope. It's a shame that we have to start again. :( -gazisere

I think it's better to start again. If they started from where we were, they would either have to reinstate rares or face an angry of horde of players who are complaining that all of their riches are gone. Moreover, seeing as the majority of people who want RS2007 are people who actually played back then, a lot of people would already be at least on the way to getting all the endgame materials already, if not already there. This way, people get to enjoy the game for what it is and have a fresh start, with everyone on equal footing.

07 feels a bit too far back, there were tons of good updates over the years. EOC was just one of the many bad decisions that have driven modern day Runescape down into the ground :l. Either way, i'll be hopping on for the old school servers.

Edited by Advenio

I just bought Membership because it was like $2.50 and I want the nostalgia. Please tell me drop trading and standing in Varrock bank trying to buy/sell is back?

This.

This, would be awesome...

Well, I'm back for a bit! I shall test my patience and see if I am willing to start from scratch, but I don't hold up much hope. It's a shame that we have to start again. :( -gazisere

I think it's better to start again. If they started from where we were, they would either have to reinstate rares or face an angry of horde of players who are complaining that all of their riches are gone. Moreover, seeing as the majority of people who want RS2007 are people who actually played back then, a lot of people would already be at least on the way to getting all the endgame materials already, if not already there. This way, people get to enjoy the game for what it is and have a fresh start, with everyone on equal footing.

I understand the reason for doing it, it's just a shame having to start from scratch! Never the less, I have been having fun starting from the beginning with everyone.

-gazisere ^_^

I don't play 2007scape but I still am in opposition to adding God Wars to the game. The introduction of really high power weapons such as godswords in my opinion led to the downfall of the old combat system. The weapons hit too high and the players did not have enough hitpoints to make fights a two hit showdown. Just keep 2007scape as it is and don't mess around with it. That's how we wanted it and that's how it should be.

Edit: If anything we should reverse updates. I've seen some pictures. Get rid of the Varrock makeover, demons and dragons graphics, change mining rocks and animations to their older style, etc.

Edited by Sobend

07 feels a bit too far back, there were tons of good updates over the years. EOC was just one of the many bad decisions that have driven modern day Runescape down into the ground :l. Either way, i'll be hopping on for the old school servers.

2007 is the year that that separates the old game from the new game and more many the updates that killed it for them.

The Grand Exchange which essentially took away most of the interaction between players

Free Trade/Wilderness

Godwars and the start of adding ridiculously powerful items into the game (although this is one of the only post 2007 updates that people might accept adding later).

2008 wouldn't be an "old school" Runescape and without free trade/wilderness a large area of the support base just wouldn't be there.

I stopped Rs with 2 months of membership left on my account. I got bored. I was at a dead end for my skills. I had decent (IMO) skills, that was good for me. But, restarting will give me something fun to do.

2007 was 5-6 years ago. About 6th grade for me. 6th grade freaking sucked. So all I could think about was playing RS after school. Me and my brother would compete day in and day out. Me being younger, I had to beat him to feel accomplished. I made the first mil between us, had membership before him, had better stats. Because I got bullied. I must say, RS singlehandedly saved me from commiting suicide. My life was that bad. You probably think: You were 11, it couldn't have been that bad. But no. Kids are REALLY mean. To be able to return to this safehaven, if even for a little bit, would be amazing. We are at 20k votes per day (average). In a week, 500k will be met. THAT will be the day I return to rs.

I tried the EoC. I honestly did. I hate it. I love pre-EoC RS. Hell, if they did a June 2012 Rs, I might go to that. But I just got bored. I can't wait to go company H.A.M.s for clues and get the riches.

My voice.

To go camp H.A.M's*

I really don't see why 07Scape needs a development team behind it. You wanted 2007 Runescape back, and now you want updates? Isn't that what "killed" Runescape (for you anyway)? I dearly hope 500K votes is not met.

You don't know what you're talking about. The development team is supposed to fix bugs.

People want 500K votes so that they won't have to pay $5 extra to play a six-year-old game.

Did they really leave out God Wars? That was an amazing update at it's time AND it was in 2007. Come on Jagex.

Jagex would have to remake godwars from scratch if they wanted to put it back into 07 servers so thats a no go.

Godwars sucked, it's one of the main reasons the combat system ended up being so broken.

75k votes to go, it's going to be tight unless Jagex are feeling generous with how close 'close' means :/

You don't know what you're talking about. The development team is supposed to fix bugs.

People want 500K votes so that they won't have to pay $5 extra to play a six-year-old game.

Level 3 - 500,000 or more votes: 2007 servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a dedicated development team, with no extra membership fee. These servers will receive regular maintenance, some content updates and integration of anti-bot technology if necessary.

Also you should have to pay extra to play it. Jagex hauled ass just to shut up all you whiners, and yet you continue to whine.

Edited by O hai im KAMIL

I don't think they really 'hauled ass', they just loaded up an old version onto some servers. The money they'll be getting from extra members would more than pay for it.

I don't understand your negativity, tbh. They'll be getting more memberships = more money = more eoc updates.

Why long time, no see Sals.

This will definitely get me playing again sometime. I'm a person that likes classic games and doesn't prefer modern ones, so this is good news for me. That given, it would probably also get me more involved in the community again as well. I saw this news today and I honestly couldn't believe what they were proposing. It's a shame that 750k votes won't be reached, but in my opinion it would be worth paying the membership fee to play it. In regards to the game, I'm perfectly fine with no holiday items and that everyone starts from scratch again. Equal grounds for all. I also see they've already opened up the classic servers. I'm going to wait and see how the vote turns out first though.

I'm not asking for content updates, I just don't want to have to pay double membership fees to access the older game, knowing full well I won't be playing the EOC version. I'd be equally as happy to pay my membership fees and only have access to Oldschool RS. I don't see how people are whining, the only real requests for updates I've seen are things such as a bigger screen with the same graphics used now, bar the occasional player asking for things like the GE. But by and large, I think you're just blowing hot air Kamil.

As a gesture of our own goodwill and an aspiration for this newly established community to flourish and hopefully grow I’ve decided that we will NOT be charging the additional $5 membership fee for at least the next 6 months!

Starting in a few weeks, we’ll have regular polls for the Old School community to decide which changes they do or don’t want made, short listed from your discussions on the Old School Feedback forum.

Five minutes ago, on the homepage.

Edited by Zooey

There was a total of 449,351 votes. Jagex has been generous to round up since you did miss out on 500k by 10%.