Sal's RuneScape Forum

There's nothing I really miss about it, other than the wilderness. My account was originally a PKer, and don't get me wrong I was god awful. But there was just something incredibly exciting about the wilderness, RCing at the abyss, deep pking, green drag PKing, it was a great place back then.

For instance, I always wanted to be able to PK like this:

Don't get me wrong, there's better PKers and better videos out there, I just always loved that one :P

Edited by Jethraw

I'd say back when Abyss Runecrafting was a really scary prospect
This, like a million times over.

RC was one of my favorite skills when it involved so much thrill of dodging silly glory ammy hunters, and the payout was quite nice too.

The old wilderness in general holds most of my best memories. I wasn't much of a pker, but I loved the thrill of using all sorts of tactics to escape pkers, it made doing things out there much more fun.

I know this isn't going to come back, but I miss the community. Even though there were loads of bots at yews, you could still strike up a conversation with people without getting flamed for your gear. W2 Fally trading was always good. Unids were a handy money maker. The thing I miss most though, is the log in screen and music.

I think the community is something that I miss the most. People didn't care about hoarding but instead actually gave things out. I remember letting a group of random players try out my Santa (which was still worth a lot) and nobody even thought about scamming! Just hope it's at least 10% of what it used to be.

I know this isn't going to come back, but I miss the community. Even though there were loads of bots at yews, you could still strike up a conversation with people without getting flamed for your gear. W2 Fally trading was always good. Unids were a handy money maker. The thing I miss most though, is the log in screen and music.

I think the community is something that I miss the most. People didn't care about hoarding but instead actually gave things out. I remember letting a group of random players try out my Santa (which was still worth a lot) and nobody even thought about scamming! Just hope it's at least 10% of what it used to be.

I get the feeling it won't be as bad as it seems in eocscape but idk, one can always hope.

When everyone stopped being trolls in 07 and didn't care about being an efficiency whore.

Plus less complaining about Jagex.

flash1:wave2:buying 1k coal ~~~~~~Goggie~~~~~~~

paying 2k + ess - wilt

buying raw lobbies 290 ea - wilt

selling full guthix 1.3m -- wilt

buying willows 22 ea - wilt

Well, some things never change :P

Unregistered HyperCam 2.

Pobably the thrill of hacking at Elvarg with a Rune Battle axe, wearing full addy... :D

I originally did it in some combination of Addy and Mith, with a Rune Battleaxe.

I think everyone's experience in the game took away from the nostalgia a little bit, because like with the waterfall and holy grail quests you get 30 att str and def automatically. I remember when I used to train melee on goblins west of port sarim, and I loved how I would level up randomly, and I wasn't really sure what was happening at first when I would level up. This was back in 04, and I would keep killing goblins until I had like 103 gp and thought I was rich.

I can also remember standing in a bank yelling "can someone plz help me with this quest!", the one I did that most with was prince ali rescue, but then someone directed me to a help site, and I then proceeded to use rune tips for all my questing needs from then on.

The bad aspects I remember from my experiences from 2005-2008ish:

1) The false feelings of restriction. Whips were in the game long before I joined and purchasing one was a dream, let alone acquiring the 85 Slayer requirement to earn them my self, that was just a forever-hopeless attempt (Not anymore, getting closer and closer to 85 Slayer in 07 Scape!).

2) The lack of personal dedication. I'll decide I'm going for 76 Fishing, or 44 Runecrafting, and just stop at like 20, maybe even 30 levels before reaching that goal and just give up. These were simply too time consuming and reflected little progress (if any), so then I'd change up my goals that I'd once again never be able to reach.

3) Falling for every scam in the book once, even the embarassing ones. Participating in a few of these scams my self, and went as far as to do it to a friend.

4) Going for High level Woodcutting instead of Fishing, I was seriously jealous of the equal leveled Fishers, they had it easy with their afkableness.

The good aspects I remember from my experiences from 2005-2008ish:

1) Spending so much time in Castle Wars, because it was just that much fun (and not caring about things like "exp waste" and "hiscore rankings"), and always looking up to those with Ahrims + Ancient Magicks, Whips, eventually God Swords when they came out, etc.

2) Acquiring my first whip via Mort Myre Fungus gathering. Acquiring my first God Sword from Mining Pure Essence forever and ever, and then losing it the next day at a PK World.

3) The lack of trolling, hashtags, and a different spin on sarcasm.

4) Ignoring the Agility skill, because it's the Agility Skill.

5) Getting high level Hunter and making bank.

6) Finally completing Desert Treasure and wasting all of my gold (which was probably only 1-2M) on Ice Burst in Castle Wars and House Parties.