Sal's RuneScape Forum

A complete rip from the RSOF, but seeing as it looks like we could actually be making a return to this, what would you guys look forward to the most/remember with the fondest memories from 06/07?

I'd say back when Abyss Runecrafting was a really scary prospect, the fun of trading/merchanting before the Grand Exchange, Fishing at Catherby, stuff like that.

I know this isn't going to come back, but I miss the community. Even though there were loads of bots at yews, you could still strike up a conversation with people without getting flamed for your gear. W2 Fally trading was always good. Unids were a handy money maker. The thing I miss most though, is the log in screen and music.

b sale

bsale

b sale

b sal

b sale

trade for bsale

b sale

bsale

b sale

b sal

b sale

trade for bsale

offer?

u tell me a price

nty u offer.

how much for ur rune scimmy?

nfs

ok

b sale

bsale

b sale

b sal

b sale

trade for bsale

offer?

u tell me a price

nty u offer.

how much for ur rune scimmy?

nfs

ok

bsale

>trade

>5 minutes of putting up everything

ill take the 5 seeds

>only members can vote

I'm skeptical of whether or not it'll pass just because of that.

I really do miss the great times I had on 2006/7 rs though. Dat music, man

selling flax selling flax selling flax selling flax selling flax selling flax selling flax selling flax selling flax

Edited by LCD

I used to do Coal contracts, mining and selling 120 at a time. I used to love the spontaneity of stuff like that. Turning up to a bank and seeing something you like or seeing someone who wants what you have.

>only members can vote

I'm skeptical of whether or not it'll pass just because of that.

If it wasn't members only people could push the vote more in favour of the servers as they could create bots to make accounts and vote. This ensures there isn't an as large false representation of people voting.

I actually loved the whole pre-GE thing.

And reason to raise herblore, for profit.

That's about it!

I used to do Coal contracts, mining and selling 120 at a time. I used to love the spontaneity of stuff like that. Turning up to a bank and seeing something you like or seeing someone who wants what you have.

The marketplace here used to be so crazy with shops like that, haha.

wc lvl?

wc lvl

wc lvl??

are u a bot

im reporting you

This was before then, but I used to operate a general store in an empty building in Varrock with a couple of other people. It wasn't successful, but hey it was fun.

wc lvl?

wc lvl

wc lvl??

are u a bot

im reporting you

The awkward moment when you afk woodcut then come back to someone bragging about having your hatchet head

I used to do a shop out in the Bandit Camp in the wilderness were some friends and I would sell stuff we collected from around the wilderness for a quarter of the price and we would make and sell pizzas to ensure we had a profit. There was usually 5-8 of us of varying levels so we would have enough to defend from most pkers. As dumb as it sounds, we made a couple million over a months period just from doing that. We did something close to this back after the wilderness changes in 2007, we got less profit because of the fact there was no influx of people rushing in for free kills; so instead we sold pizzas at a slightly higher price or let them trade items for them since people would run in at lower health.

Bwuk

Bwuk bwuk bwuk

Bwaaaauuuuk bwuk bwuk 200px-EvilChickenHD.png

MUAHAHAHAHAAA!

Don't worry, he's not after you

Edited by Azuma

I miss the old graphics most; the new ones are all good and detailed and now, but Runescape's simplicity, both visually and gameplay-wise, were what I really loved as a kid.

Plus my laptop overheats whenever I play RS for long periods of time now, but that might just be cause it's 6-7 years old and I haven't taken it apart for cleaning in awhile.

wc lvl?

wc lvl

wc lvl??

are u a bot

im reporting you

I still get that :/

trimming rune armor 40k

Forgot about old lesser demon and rune armour graphics haha. I actually prefer how rune looks like now, but I kinda miss the old one at the same time.

Watch this. That's an order.

[vid removed]

It's a pretty good video, nice find.