Sal's RuneScape Forum
Salmoneus

RuneScape History and Lore... Zaros!

Hey guys! There's a new section on our website for the history and lore of RuneScape, which will [hopefully] consist of information about deities, significant events in the history of RuneScape, and other interesting facts and tidbits of lore. Our first piece of lore is about Zaros and everything that is currently known about this RuneScape god! Many thanks to Helm Lardar for sharing this excellent bit of RuneScape mythology with us! :D

Hurrah! Who doesn't like some good ole' RuneScape Lore every once in a while?

o, thought we were dedicating a palce in sals for the old hero zar0s

Whoa! This is cool! I enjoyed reading it. Nice job, Helm.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but doesn't Zaros actually appear in one of the recent endgame level quests? Wouldn't it be good to include that in the article?

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but doesn't Zaros actually appear in one of the recent endgame level quests? Wouldn't it be good to include that in the article?

Zaros doesn't actually appear only it's chat head during the Temple of Senntisten quest, but you're right it's a bit weird Helm Lardar did not get any screenshots of it, possibly because he had already completed the quest before he started writing the guide.

But hey it's no big deal. It's a great guide, definitely much better than the very, very, very outdated one we had before. Good job Helm. :)

Have you thought about putting the general gods information in the History and Lore section of the site? Zaros alone looks pretty lonely.

Hey guys, glad you like it, there are some errors in syntax and grammar which I should correct. I wasn't writing the guide at the time I did the quest (or maybe I'd finished it) which means I haven't got a screenshot of that part, but it is briefly mentioned that communion is established. I could make more of that, and perhaps I should.

Obvious other guides for such a section include the Saradomin, Armadyl, Zamorak, Bandos, Guthix, Gnomes, Majharrat, Elves, Dragonkin, Dwarves, and Vampyres. So there's lots of room to expand in.

Edited by Helm Lardar

Have you thought about putting the general gods information in the History and Lore section of the site? Zaros alone looks pretty lonely.

I didn't move them because they're so horribly outdated that it looks bad. They will ideally be replaced with new guides in the future, so the lore + history section will be reserved for new guides.

I'm totally stoked about our new guide being mentioned in the Community Round Up on the RuneScape homepage this week - congrats Helm (and thanks Jagex)! :D

Edited by Salmoneus