Sal's RuneScape Forum
Hunter

Faking in RuneScape 2007

Faking?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fake (somewhat) actively with '07 Scape's Release?

• Yes, definitely
    • Probably
    • Probably not
    • No, definitely not

It came to my attention, a long while ago, that a major reason many people quit faking, is that it started requiring more and more complex software. Characters were harder to cut out, they didn't fit in new places, anti-aliasing had the potential of being a nice doggy! to deal with, and the large screens were annoying.

Well, with the release of the old servers, and therefore the old graphics, would faking become something you would like to do again? Please cast your vote in the poll - in the case we get a significant (I'm thinking 10+) definite votes, and a bunch of probables, I'm going to try and work with someone to create a new faking group, representative of what we do now.

So, cast your votes - I can't wait to see the outcome :) I can only hope to see a return to faking!

Oh, and as a final note, you don't have to be returning! You can be completely new at faking - we're always glad to give a little guidance here and there, too :)

Edited by Hunter

Hitting a 'probably'. Although I won't be the Beret of fakes, regardless of 2007 or not, this does give me a certain desire to start faking once again.

Ah, I don't know.

RS Faking was kind of a stepping stone for me to get more involved with graphic and web design. I can't see myself making any more fakes for RS or any other game for that matter. I still enjoy looking at new fakes (although new fakes aren't that common nowadays).

L2xqV23.png

I probably would, but I'm not a member :(.

You need P2P to play on the new old servers, right?

Yeah, at the moment anyway :/ I don't suppose we'll get enough support for them to make the servers F2P (750K votes).

Yeah, at the moment anyway :/ I don't suppose we'll get enough support for them to make the servers F2P (750K votes).

Oh noez. Well, even so, I suppose I could use kits and such to do certain parts of a fake (after all, faking groups existed to put the unique skills of everybody together with the exception of Wolfie).

Oh noez. Well, even so, I suppose I could use kits and such to do certain parts of a fake (after all, faking groups existed to put the unique skills of everybody together with the exception of Wolfie).

Very true :)

Well, I'm pleased with the response thus far :) I guess we'll probably get one or two new guys joining us from time to time. Who knows - I'll give this poll some more time, but I'll probably make that group anyway. If it doesn't survive, so be it, but if it does, it's a nice start to faking again!

I'd learn to fake for this.

Good! Glad to hear it :)

bump lol

I'm still not completely sure whether setting up a group is worth it at this stage, while there's definitely positive support, there aren't that many people willing to give it a go :P

I'll wait, and hopefully keep this alive, bringing it to the attention of more people :)

I could try and give it a shot maybe? I think we need to spice things up a bit around the forums. I am pretty decent with photoshop, but haven't used it in ages though.

Put me up for a yes.

I could try and give it a shot maybe? I think we need to spice things up a bit around the forums. I am pretty decent with photoshop, but haven't used it in ages though.

Put me up for a yes.

Sweet.

Invite your friends guys, this isn't actually as hopeful as I thought ;-;

I may if I keep on playing :P

Good to see you! :)

I hope 07scape doesn't just die out again. It represents a possible return to Sal's activity :L

The Evil Bunny/Top Hat/Flatypus! (respectively!)

Now we HAVE to get this up and running -.-.

The Evil Bunny/Top Hat/Flatypus! (respectively!)

Now we HAVE to get this up and running -.-.

Do we? Do we? DO WE?

Should I get another Omega topic started back up?

No, we need another TBFL topic started up! :mad:

Faking War 2013! The Royal Omega Faking Legion has been dissolved and war between the two original factions of Omega and The British Fakers' Legion commences!

The thing is, this really isn't a bad idea; 2007-era graphics in a faking war is going to end very well.

Hah, well I was thinking ONE group to start with, but who knows ;)