Sal's RuneScape Forum

help would be great for a returning RS player

soodpkman

Question

So I am a Pay2Play member of Runescape and have been since October of 2010. I quit runescape shortly before EoC came out and havent been online for close to a year now. In that year I never remembered to cancel my runescape membership and it is still being charged to my credit card every month. In that time I also seem to have forgotten my login name. I have no recoveries and don't have JAG either. What I do know about my account is the password, display name and all of the payment information (credit card). I have the credit card information as well as my statement to prove the account is mine, I just don't know how to go about doing it. I have also tried contacting jagex via [email protected] and have gotten no response in 4 days now. If anyone has had the same problem and solved it, any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. I need my account back by March 1st so I can vote for 2007 servers and play on them. Thank you everyone!

3 answers to this question

So what I see from your post, you actually know the current display name and password, but you don't know either the original username or email address used to login. I suggest doing two things as soon as possible. Send another email to Jagex. It is possible that they looked past it, it doesn't seem too professional to just ignore it as a whole. After emailing them, search all of email addresses that you use and see if you have any emails claiming to be from Runescape. If there are any, look in the subject line and see if they mention your actual Runescape display name. That will help determine what email address is used for your account.

What is your current display name? Go to this link and search it. It may display your real username where it says "Previous display names".

Don't hold your breath though. I emailed accounthelp over 6 months ago, they asked for all my old account details, and upon providing them I never received a reply. I've tried contacting them again twice now and still never even got so much as a reply to tell them my recovery attempt failed - they just ignored my messages seemingly.

One thing to make sure you do is try and include as much information as possible all in one email, as from my experience it looks like if they're not satisfied with the attempt they're not going to contact you ever again.