Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PaladinPker

Melee Training in EoC

Honestly the main reason I'd come back is because I have an account with the name "Scaper"

LOL

Also because I'm going to be really bored really soon and I'd give it a spin simply to see all of you lovelies again.

Okay, so:

1) Training melee in f2p: Where to do it? I hear deadly red spiders are good? I'd be training... *gasp* defense. And attack, probably. Can't be bothered to train strength until I'm p2p with a chaotic maul, I think.

2) What kind of gear would we be talking here? Rune 2h? With full adamant, I assume (because I sort of have 42 defense... in fact, to recalibrate for those of you who are not aware, my stats are:

78 (or is it 80...) attack

96 (I think...) strength

42 defense

90? hp

99 range

96? magic

74 prayer

Yeah I'm bad at this whole "knowing my own stats" thing

3) Is range a viable way to train defense now, or is it still a terrible way?

4) In fact, can somebody just outline exactly how the EoC works?

5) Is "afk" or "minimum attention" training still possible (although not particularly efficient, I know), or do I have to use abilities just to attack at all?

Wow I feel like such a noob.

I'll try to help the best I can, but truth be told I still don't understand EoC fully well myself so I can't answer some of your questions.

2) Gravite is still better, but Rune is good enough. So yeah Rune (or Gravite) 2H + Adamant.

3) Depends on what you're killing because mobs have weaknesses now. So if you are fighting a mob weak to fire spells for example using magic (fire spells in this case would be op) will kill it (much in most cases) faster than melee or ranged. You will get the exact same defence exp no matter what combat style you use.

5) It's still possible yeah, it's a constitution ability you use called Momentum. Basically it increases the damage of your auto-attacks for 20 minutes but you can't use other abilities while it is active. (well you can but it end the effect early)

5) It's still possible yeah, it's a constitution ability you use called Momentum. Basically it increases the damage of your auto-attacks for 20 minutes but you can't use other abilities while it is active. (well you can but it end the effect early)

This answer was sufficient for me; what the heck I'll try it again for a bit. Logging in now xD Ruining my pure D:

Tell us how well you are doing!

Edit: I want to afk train too ^.^

Edited by Aabid

Melee training in the EOC is bad now. It's tough to AFK (for higher levels anyway) and the experience rates are about the same. Deadly Red Spiders used to be 100k xp an hour, but their defence was raised a lot and now it's probably not much better than anything else. I am personally training on Moss Giants right now at a rate of maybe a little over 30k an hour. I have not timed the new red spiders for xp rates yet. You could also try flesh crawlers, which are slightly to Moss Giants in xp rates.

The one good thing about the EOC is now you don't need food. Just use the healing ability once you have the certain defence requirement and you're all set.

At Moss Giants with Momentum; not very fast but I'm not doing anything either so I mean... I'm not going to consciously put effort into the game (other than to reset aggro/momentum every 10 minutes) until like April at the earliest.

Considering using range to train defense at lessers. Is a shortbow still effective even if they have a "bolt" weakness? Or is a sighted shieldbow (wtf?) better?

This sighted shieldbow is really weird.

If someone can post the highest xp rates in f2p.

I'll try to explain the eoc.:-D

Basically, now all "special attacks" are removed (which is why several items crashed. Eg; dclaws went from 13m to 500k)

All weapons are tiered.

Eg; Now rune long has the same stats as rune sword.

Only dif is the atk style (slash vs stab)

2handed weps have 150% dmg of 1h weps.

1handed weps now have an "off hand" version, which lets u "dual weild" 2 weps at a time.

Dual weilding is p2p, (f2p has only 1 or 2 dual weild weps.)

Armour is tiered,

all lvl50 armour have same stats.

Armour has classes,

Mage, melee, range.

Melee>range>mage>melee.

Tier50 armour;

rune, batwing, blue dhide.

They all have same stats.

Just different classes, so a person ranging a guy in rune will have the same dps as a guy meleeing a mage.

Alot of stuff got nerfed/buffed.

Deadly red spiders gave over 200k xp/h in p2p at 90+cmb stats.

Now its nerfed.

Pking isn't just 'click atk->food->repeat till u die' anymore.

it needs skill, timing, precision, reflexes, prediction and strategy.

Spamming abilities<strategic combos.

A guy in bronze who knows what he's doing could possibly out match a guy in rune who doesnt have a clue..

Longbows are now sheild bows.. (weaker, but provides def and hp)

All armour now gives an hp bonus.

Considering using range to train defense at lessers. Is a shortbow still effective even if they have a "bolt" weakness? Or is a sighted shieldbow (wtf?) better?

Shortbow should definitely be more effective than melee and magic at least, and than a crossbow in this case since the only F2P crossbow is pretty bad.

Are there ANY aggressive monsters in free play not in the wilderness? At all? Seriously just contemplating training on hellhounds; that's how bad it is. I'd need some defense first though...

Are there ANY aggressive monsters in free play not in the wilderness? At all? Seriously just contemplating training on hellhounds; that's how bad it is. I'd need some defense first though...

I remember red spiders and ice warriors to be aggressive, maybe this has changed

I remember red spiders and ice warriors to be aggressive, maybe this has changed

Ice warriors are but they're not melee weak; red spiders are not.