Sal's RuneScape Forum

I'd guess you could get a steel set with 20k - although I'd strongly suggest making it. At this point in the economy I'd really stick with being self-sufficient if you can stand it. If not, watching trades in W2 will be the best option.

I'd guess you could get a steel set with 20k - although I'd strongly suggest making it. At this point in the economy I'd really stick with being self-sufficient if you can stand it. If not, watching trades in W2 will be the best option.

Wait, are you saying steel sets go for around 20k or below?

It may get you a girl from Lumbridge, but don't expect any classy Falador girls.

It may get you a girl from Lumbridge, but don't expect any classy Falador girls.

this is not a dating website :|

you could get 1k mind runes for 20k, but i would suggest paying 1.5k for the air staff and then spend the rest on mind runes-that is if you want to train mage first. If range you can buy about 1k iron arrows for 16k or so, and then with the rest you can buy the armor. Since steel takes a pretty high smithing level to make I wouldn't suggest trying to make it yourself... I know I know, we all think that in theory you should make all your own armor, but I believe that after iron, or maybe not even that, it is pretty much a lost cause, because it takes so much higher smithing level that cb lvl to make the armor you want to use that you mayaswell just buy it. I would say you could probably buy steel for less than 3k in the shops, and 5k at most from players. The mith might not be as hard to find from the shops anymore, and it may run you 10-15k from players. If anyone knows any more exact/current/closer to the real prices then correct me if I'm wrong, but these are just my rough estimates.

With 20k gold, you can purchase about 70 Nature Runes, and assuming you already had a Fire Staff (and are level 55 Magic or higher), you will produce 65*70, or 4,550 experience, from casting High Alchemy 70 times. As a Slayer, I've been selling Mithril Boots I've come across for 20k Each, so you can also buy that :P. You might even be lucky enough to buy a Dragon Dagger for 20k.

Edited by Bruthar

Not very far with 20k man, maybe full steel (15k GE) ATM. A thousand Runes of a few selections. Merch with it, it is possible with GE, just takes a little time is all. Just save it up and skill, if your F2P best bet is fishing Lobsters and Swordfish at Karajama (~200/400gp E) ATM GE. Don't spend it, it's simply not worth it. Save and skill right now

On 3/12/2015 at 4:36 AM, Dark Archer said:

Don't spend it, it's simply not worth it. Save and skill right now

Agreed. In a situation like the one described in the opening post, your best bet is to buy tools used for the resource gathering skills; like a set of axes, pickaxes or fishing gear then skill yourself silly. In any case at most times it is possible to use that money to make more money while training skills, whether that be with High Alchemy (down the track?), Smithing, Crafting projects etc - be partially self-sufficient.

I may look up your character name on the hiscores to see where you are at. It's sure to have changed by now.

Edited by Sajoh