Sal's RuneScape Forum
A High Ranking Official

Has anyone created an account to play RS just for 07?

I've been seeing videos and watching this 07 scape unfold again, I haven't played RS in 2-3 years and now I am tempted to make an account and purchase a membership to play this game again. Has anyone else done the same?

I'm planning to possibly use one of my old accounts and get membership on it in order to play. I don't know if I want to go back to the current Runescape, I have a good account on it but I haven't played in nearly 2 years.

I'm planning to possibly use one of my old accounts and get membership on it in order to play. I don't know if I want to go back to the current Runescape, I have a good account on it but I haven't played in nearly 2 years.

I don't think I could play the current Runescape either, but this 07 seems so fun to get back into.

I don't think I could play the current Runescape either, but this 07 seems so fun to get back into.

Yeah I have some friends who are playing the 07 scape and it seems fun. That's shortly after when I started playing back in 06. I really liked playing back then, now I wouldn't even know what to do if I was playing the current Runescape.

Yeah I have some friends who are playing the 07 scape and it seems fun. That's shortly after when I started playing back in 06. I really liked playing back then, now I wouldn't even know what to do if I was playing the current Runescape.

The EOC looks kind of lame and I never really liked the G.E., but since 07 came back I'm considering giving it a go for maybe a month and see how it is.

I thought about making a new acount or using an old account for 07 scape a little too late, but I wish I had done that from the start. I had already trained my main on 07 scape quite a bit and didn't want to start over just so I could play both games at once. It's probably better this way. A lot less afking on both accounts.

Ive never played Runescape. When Runescape was popular I was playing World of Warcraft. I quit World of Warcraft when this stupid Panda fiddlesticks came out, and am purchasing a Runescape Membership only to play the oldschool servers I never got to experience.

I have no intention on ever touching EOC, it just looks like a shizzlety version of World of Warcraft to me.

I think it was JaGEx's attempt to modernise the game by approaching other, mainstream, MMOs by imitating them further in a hope it would boost the interest for RuneScape again.

The problem was that people chose RuneScape over mainstream MMOs for other reasons than that, meaning it probably was not a resounding success. :P

I think it was JaGEx's attempt to modernise the game by approaching other, mainstream, MMOs by imitating them further in a hope it would boost the interest for RuneScape again.

The problem was that people chose RuneScape over mainstream MMOs for other reasons than that, meaning it probably was not a resounding success. :P

Special attacks were fairly unique. It really dumbed down combat, but I don't think Jagex realizes that an action bar doesn't automatically lead to complexity.

Have I misunderstood the OP or has something changed in Runescape that I don't know about?

I thought to play 07 you had to start from scratch anyway, wouldn't making a new account be fairly redundant?

Have I misunderstood the OP or has something changed in Runescape that I don't know about?

I thought to play 07 you had to start from scratch anyway, wouldn't making a new account be fairly redundant?

You have to start from scratch even if your current RS account has gained levels, yes. RS07 is an entirely new version of the old RuneScape and thus everyone start with level 1 in all skills except for Hitpoints. :P

i got a membership account for years and i don't like the 07 version

so why bother paying for a game so you play a version of it that's 6 years old?