Sal's RuneScape Forum
Lonelywolf

A message from a departed member

As the title suggests, I am just a messenger.

The idea of Benno having followers or people who support him in the way you imply is ridiculous. I personally have experienced punishment within the chat and the forum just because a mod didn't like me. There has been times that I deserved a kick and/or ban from the fc/forums. I am not part of this Benno vs Fatia crap. I got banned from the forums from having no warning points straight to a perm ban for swearing at yuan, and I got kicked from the fc for asking very nicely that two fc mods take their very extensive (4 hour long) chat about wrestling to private chat as it was a two way conversation flooding that chat.

All of this drama shouldn't be happening, it hasn't before and the only thing that has changed is some of the older chat mods have come back to play oldschool. It's not fair that we have to deal with this power abuse.

Now I know that in the past I deserved alot more punishment for the actions I took, wether it be flaming people or whatever, But people got over it, and honestly, I don't have much interest in joining the chat to flame/troll.

This is not a sympathy post in hopes to be unpermed, although it would be nice ;) (0 warn - perm is kinda shizzle for one offence) but I was more trying to explain that this whole rebellion against sals and making a new chat isn't nearly what you seem to think its about. We don't care if benno is in the chat or not, we have him in a group on skype, free of chat restriction and everyone has equal power over one and other, and hey, it's working for us.

I will be waiting for a reply via proxy.

Sals was once a nice community.

~ Ghastly Orb

ONCE AGAIN, JUST A MESSENGER.

Orb is my friend, and he has been a member of this community for quite some time and I guess this is his opinion to everything about the benno/fc mod's matter. I am posting because I am a friend!!!!

Edited by Lonely

I love seeing thieves attempt to take a moral high ground. This skeleton of a community is so silly.

At least with Populus it was entertaining to watch. This is like a shoddy soap opera.

Edited by Zooey

If he did get banned for swearing at Yuan, then that's bloody stupid. I see people swearing at each other all the time and little is done about it bar a warn or something, yet when it's directed at staff it's an insta-ban. Are staff more important than the members?

Of course this is all under a few assumptions, but even so I think the rules should be far more laxed. If this were a larger forum with more members then yeah, enforcing the rules is necessary but for such a small, tight-nit community as ours it isn't.

If he did get banned for swearing at Yuan, then that's bloody stupid. I see people swearing at each other all the time and little is done about it bar a warn or something, yet when it's directed at staff it's an insta-ban. Are staff more important than the members?

Yuan seems to think so

Of course this is all under a few assumptions, but even so I think the rules should be far more laxed. If this were a larger forum with more members then yeah, enforcing the rules is necessary but for such a small, tight-nit community as ours it isn't.

I would take what banned members say regarding their bans with a grain of salt.

I love seeing thieves attempt to take a moral high ground. This skeleton of a community is so silly.

And you're taking the moral high ground when you were also breaking the rules.

I'd reply genuinely but I must define two points:

4 hour chat: ~15/20 min. Lifted? 4 hours?

And nicely: "wow, thanks for being an ass."

Apart from that I've not much to say :P

All I remember is Venom's verbal smackdown of Orb.

Wasn't that after venom tried selling gp to him though?

Yeh, Orb posted a picture of him IRL and venom decided to go on a rampage of person attacks.

Edited by zapy

All I remember is Venom's verbal smackdown of Orb.

Wasn't that after venom tried selling gp to him though?

Yup. Orb needed pixels from a game I hadn't touched in 3 years, a good friend vouched for him, easy decision. Even gave him a better deal than the Chinese autominers he was going to buy from initially. Live and learn.

As for the rampage, it was hardly a personal attack. That tattoo is an attack on good taste.

Because staff are always right. :rolleyes:

I assure you, there was much more to it than that. :wink:

Because staff are always right. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that a banned person who has a track record of stealing (Venom's money) and lying (Jethraw clarified a little) shouldn't be treated innocently.

You want us to think that huh? You want us to think you can just walk all in and ban people at will? Well I'm tired of it. We're all tired of it . Why are you afraid of the freedom, Sal? Huh??? Why do you want us to try and forget about how our brethren fell in battle against the tyrannical leader. Why should we fight for a king who does not want to fight with us? Why should we forget how while our king's father had black hair, and his father black hair, all the way to our king, who is of yellow hair? Do you really trust us when your uncle decided to stab our past king in the back, sending his children running scared and getting married to those who are afraid of water? You're no better than the knife your uncle used to stab the Mad King in the back. Shame on you, what will you do next, try and push out a future prince of the North out of a window? I hope you know whats coming, because I won't until March 31st.

You want us to think that huh? You want us to think you can just walk all in and ban people at will? Well I'm tired of it. We're all tired of it . Why are you afraid of the freedom, Sal? Huh??? Why do you want us to try and forget about how our brethren fell in battle against the tyrannical leader. Why should we fight for a king who does not want to fight with us? Why should we forget how while our king's father had black hair, and his father black hair, all the way to our king, who is of yellow hair? Do you really trust us when your uncle decided to stab our past king in the back, sending his children running scared and getting married to those who are afraid of water? You're no better than the knife your uncle used to stab the Mad King in the back. Shame on you, what will you do next, try and push out a future prince of the North out of a window? I hope you know whats coming, because I won't until March 31st.

Does this make Orb Joffrey?

It's been far too long since I've watched GoT >.<

Edited by Zooey

....First off, I don't know much about this whole thing with Ghastly Orb since I haven't on RS in awhile, but how does half of what you're saying even have relevance to what Sal just said? He just told Kamil that this wasn't because of some Sal's staff superiority but for something else entirely, and you decided to completely ramble on him about tyranny and oppression. I also know the FC is for community but it's still technically Sal's chat, and when necessary he can do as he or the other mods see fit.

Also my apologies, I haven't exactly watched Game of Thrones so it took some Googling for me to figure out what 'Mad King' was.

....First off, I don't know much about this whole thing with Ghastly Orb since I haven't on RS in awhile, but how does half of what you're saying even have relevance to what Sal just said? He just told Kamil that this wasn't because of some Sal's staff superiority but for something else entirely, and you decided to completely ramble on him about tyranny and oppression. I also know the FC is for community but it's still technically Sal's chat, and when necessary he can do as he or the other mods see fit.

Also my apologies, I haven't exactly watched Game of Thrones so it took some Googling for me to figure out what 'Mad King' was.

His whole post was a comedic reference to Game of Thrones...

yeh he wasnt being in anyway serious

Don't shoot the messenger, Lonely and I didn't know that this was his plan.

fl9Fk0m.png

Fshi, that was beautiful, thank you. I haven't kept up on GoT as much as I'd like, but I just knew it had to be Tudors/Borgias/GoT. I still love you, even if you are indeed plotting my downfall.

Just please, don't put Mic in charge after I'm gone. He is such a scallywag!

For a second thought this was a serious topic until I saw the 'departed member' was Ghastly Orb. The guy is totally not biased and about as trustworthy as Benn0 himself.

We're talking about a guy who likes coming into the chat (and he's not banned from the chat, so he can't even say he does it because he got 'unfairly' banned by corrupt mods and the usual yadayada) just to insult the people he doesn't like. And apparently he does not like me because I kicked him once for using derogatory language after asking him three times to stop.