Sal's RuneScape Forum

Hey all, been a daily player before eoc afterwards I stopped playing. Only have one real question and that is can we duel weild in our "new" oldschool servers? I ssk this because I went to go do some low lvl pvpin and noticed a guy I was fighting doing 2 differnt dmgs to me at the same time? I would hit him, then he would hit me doing 5 then 2 right ontop of it? Any help would be appreciated. If it helps I was on mt lvl 14 he was 13

I'm not an expert on these things, but it quite possibly could have been lag. In the ole' days when lag was a consistent problem for RuneScape (well, moreso than now), I'd often get a pause, then four hitsplats on top of me. Perhaps you weren't double-dealing these hits on him because you had a slower weapon, which didn't add up with the lag in a manner such that it caused the double hitsplats you mentioned.

But this is just a theory -.-.

Could it have been a special like dragon dagger? Or mabey you were in eoc? Or mabey you were in multi combat fighting two people? The second item was mostlikly a defender.

Edited by b0b2oo0

If I remember correctly, a couple of weapons hit fast enough in the game around 2007 to do two splats. Darts and throwing knives set to rapid can do this. If they weren't using those, then maybe you were in a multi combat zone and a ranged npc was offscreen?

I know some weapons have special attacks that double hit, such as dragon dagger, magic shortbow, granite maul (if timed correctly, because the special is an instant hit), and the bone dagger might be, it's the only one I'm unsure of.

Im guess im a newb more then I thought, it was a recoil ring that was doing it!

Things like the ring of recoil, granite maul, dragon dagger, etc. can cause damage almost spontaneously and randomly (Dragon Dagger being the odd one out, as it only does double damage upon the use of its special attack when it's already your turn to attack).

Hmm I see, im going to need to reeducate myself on all these things. Ive also noticed players using schim then right before attack switching to 2her and doing double hits. Might sound lame but I miss the days when once pvp was engaged 3 rounds would go by before you could eat,change gear,run. Made pvp exciting knowing you are locked into battle for 3 turns.

I believe what you are experiencing is the Granite Maul, it's a two-handed weapon you can whip out and use the special whenever you want, unlike other weapons its special isn't restricted to the normal "turn" style combat.