Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Topdog

Lol

It really is strange how I used to come to this place everyday. Each day at school, I would look forward to the moment when I could rush home and get on my computer to see what Sal's was up to. I used this place as an outlet, as well as an escape from everyday life where I could really just interact with other interesting people. I came to this site as one of Sal's youngest members at age 12, and now I'm about to graduate high school and enter college.

So for me, it's sad to see now in 2013 that everything I enjoyed three-five years ago has disappeared. The friendships that I created, the threads I was a part of, the community... the magic of it all is gone. Even though I'm just perfectly fine and capable of moving on from all of that, this idea of everything I was a part of being gone makes me incredibly nostalgic.

It saddens me to realize that I used to talk with some of the people from this site everyday, people from places in the world that I may never visit. Kinda sad that they were once friends. Oh well, I'll cherish the memories that I have of Sal's and everything that I was a part of, from the fake GF thread to IRC to Debate Room to just hanging out with a good group of guys. Hopefully, somewhere out there, everyone else is likely doing the same.

- Topdog

reminiscin bout sals tmz, vera, fake hot girl thread, dragon sal z, gillis crew, populus, isketch/minigolf nights, sal's newspaper responsibilities, etc.

Edited by Topdog

It isn't hard to continue friendships if you make an effort to. I've added several friends on Facebook and Steam from here (and Runescape) and I'm going to be attending college with a few Slammers. It is what you make it!

Also, #populus isn't actually dead yet, it's just quiet most of the time - stop by sometime!

Also, #populus isn't actually dead yet, it's just quiet most of the time - stop by sometime!
Oh lawds, that still exists :o

It really is strange how I used to come to this place everyday. Each day at school, I would look forward to the moment when I could rush home and get on my computer to see what Sal's was up to. I used this place as an outlet, as well as an escape from everyday life where I could really just interact with other interesting people. I came to this site as one of Sal's youngest members at age 12, and now I'm about to graduate high school and enter college.

So for me, it's sad to see now in 2013 that everything I enjoyed three-five years ago has disappeared. The friendships that I created, the threads I was a part of, the community... the magic of it all is gone. Even though I'm just perfectly fine and capable of moving on from all of that, this idea of everything I was a part of being gone makes me incredibly nostalgic.

It saddens me to realize that I used to talk with some of the people from this site everyday, people from places in the world that I may never visit. Kinda sad that they were once friends. Oh well, I'll cherish the memories that I have of Sal's and everything that I was a part of, from the fake GF thread to IRC to Debate Room to just hanging out with a good group of guys. Hopefully, somewhere out there, everyone else is likely doing the same.

- Topdog

reminiscin bout sals tmz, vera, fake hot girl thread, dragon sal z, gillis crew, populus, isketch/minigolf nights, sal's newspaper responsibilities, etc.

im still here topdog

It isn't hard to continue friendships if you make an effort to. I've added several friends on Facebook and Steam from here (and Runescape) and I'm going to be attending college with a few Slammers. It is what you make it!

I went and you weren't there!

gosh zooey don't be such a jerk next time

It seems like we still have a good amount of active members, but their isn't anything to talk about. Most of us have moved on from RuneScape and now we don't really have anything to talk about, but we refuse to leave. Whenever there actually is something that is worth talking about, activity and posting pick up for a little while but eventually things go back to how they were. It's almost like members refuse to create topics and posts that will promote activity and everyone is just sitting around and waiting for someone else to post something. But, for the most part, we are all still here. The only different is we don't have anything to talk about.

It seems like we still have a good amount of active members, but their isn't anything to talk about. Most of us have moved on from RuneScape and now we don't really have anything to talk about, but we refuse to leave. Whenever there actually is something that is worth talking about, activity and posting pick up for a little while but eventually things go back to how they were. It's almost like members refuse to create topics and posts that will promote activity and everyone is just sitting around and waiting for someone else to post something. But, for the most part, we are all still here. The only different is we don't have anything to talk about.

me&you should go on a topic-creating spree to boost activity

Fshi's supposed presence surely made up for the lack of mine

He never responds!