Sal's RuneScape Forum

Here you can let the world know the worst loss you've encountered. Whether it's from staking or getting hacked, this is the place to describe your woes!

So far, my worst loss was from camping Nechryaels last week with full Guthans. I was browsing the forums when I came back to see my character die right before my eyes, this occurred due to the fact two of the pieces turned 0%, resulting in a cease in healing. In total I lost around 5M at the time but earned it all back very swiftly (that same day, in fact).

Edited by Bruthar

Ouch!

My worst loss was back in the old days where I was young and naive. My friend knew my password, and "his step-brothers" had taken my 100k items that I worked so ever dearly for.

I then, later that day, pushed him on some rocks and he scraped most of his knee off :evil:

Edited by Bill is LONELY in his tree

Woah, you move fast, Bruthar :P back in the day around '07 I lost my bank to a scam of someone saying 'join our Clan on this website and get a free Obby Cape', pretty stupid of me, being a naiive 14 year old :box:

In the up to date version of the game I staked an Ely and lost, that's my worst loss overall.

I staked 1m and lost. And I kept staking and staking and I made 5m!! (or lost 5m, I don't exactly remeber)

EDIT: not in rs07 though, that's for noobs!!

Edited by Fabio

Pretty hard to say.. with regards to proportion of my bank lost, probably in about 2005 when me and a friend shared our wealth and he got lured for full rune (g) which we had bought with basically everything we owned.

I'd say it was about 6 years ago when I was fighting some Lessers, kind of left the computer for some food, and came back to see my guy standing in Lumbridge with only Rune plate, legs, and shield; lost about 100K in gp and 3 rune weapons as well cause for some reason my inventory wasn't completely empty of other valuable stuff.

The 5000 hours of my life that I will never get back from playing RS.

In 2007, maybe 2008 can't remember exactly, I lost Ranger boots and an Archer's ring because of some sort of weird glitch. I was safespotting Hellhounds and when I left the safespot to attack an Hellhound my character just stopped responding. I didn't dc, and I wasn't lagging because the friends chat was working fine and the hellhound was attacking me normally without lag caused movement delays or anything the sort, but my character just refused to move, eat and pray I couldn't do anything at all but use the chat. So as you can guess I died and lost 6-8M worth gear (at the time that was a fudgeing lot for me, like over half of my bank).

That is the most I've ever lost I believe, also lost two Corrupt dragon battleaxes (2.8-3.4Mish each) more recently (2010-2011 maybe?) while PKing because I always forget the protect Prayer item, and full Torags + Bandos godsword (3Mish total maybe?) just a couple months ago PKing again.

Other than the items mentioned above I don't think I've ever lost anything worth remembering.

In 2006 or so when the gmaul was da bomb, I decided to go pking with it and got entangled while I desperately begged to be set free. But I died and lost 300k of stuff, I was very sad and stopped playing for a week or two after that. I considered quitting. That account got perma muted so I started another one (ugly wudly), problem solved :D

But other than that my worst loss in monetary terms is 75-90m when I got hacked. I was nowhere near as sad as above and got it back pretty fast.

Edited by Sofee

I haven't had any major losses, but a friend told me I should go hunt revenants with him once (this was during forinthy cave). He got d claw rushed by a one itemer and I jumped at the guy who did it, the guy had venged previously and I got hit a 425 because of course my d long spec maxed that time. The guy retaliated and finished me off. I did at least have protect item and kept my d long, but lost a mismatch of granite and dragon, glory, and d boots, plus about 50k invent supplies. My friend pmed me a few minutes later that he had killed the guy, guy protected item and dropped nothing, and my friend panic teled without retrieving my stuff.

Well, seeing as how I get hacked every thursday on the old school servers as I cannot change my password, my bank, over and over and over and fudgeING OVER fudge HACKERS

Well, seeing as how I get hacked every thursday on the old school servers as I cannot change my password, my bank, over and over and over and fudgeING OVER fudge HACKERS

If what you're saying is accurate, and the hackers routinely come on your account every Thursday, I'd use whatever money I had every single wednesday towards skills (Herblore, Smithing, Prayer, Ranged, etc.) and pretty much lock my gold into my account in that way.

I dont play the 07 servers because of this... But that is a good idea

Probably means you've got a keylogger too.

Right after coming from the SoS yesterday in 07, I brought my 10k cash around me on my Slayer task because I thought "what could go wrong?" This is because my first Slayer task was the level 3 monkeys. So I went to Karamja, and all the sudden I got a bunch of world lag, and the first monkey I fought killed me. No matter how much I clicked off it, there was too much lag for it to register. I was only level 3 myself, but seriously!? MONKEYS?! Anyway, there went all my cash.

My biggest ACTUAL loss was when I got a message on the forum from someone telling me they spotted my account botting. This confused me because I'm against bots so I hopped on my account to find that it had been hacked and turned into a Runecrafting bot. The bot had stripped my 150m bank of anything of value, and I was only able to get about 2m back from reselling the RC supplies. So yeah. Hackers suck.

If I had a keylogger, WAAY worse things than my Runescape account would be compromised... But back on topic, other than this, I did lose a 100k I had made literally 5 minutes ago by selling a Dragon Longsword at Castlewars to the Ogresses when they first got released. I got lost in the jungle and clubbed to death. I was pretty upset about that.

After acquiring 85 Slayer, I killed Abyssal Demons for a good 8 hours with no luck, and then decided to shift my goals towards achieving the ability to wear Barrows Gloves, I went into Hibernation mode and lost quite a chunk of my bank due to the amount of money I had to spend on the skill training, and whenever beggers came up to me, I couldn't help but offer 200-300K, well eventually when I was working on the Herblore Skill, I found someone selling 120 Ranarrs for 7k each, I went ahead and bought it swiftly without realziing that they were "herbs" and not "Ranarrs." You wouldn't believe how pissed I was to find out I spent about 880k on Marrentills. I was forced to sell some actual items in my bank to finish off skilling, and have made some great progress in the way of questing (I did 16 or 17 quests in one day yesterday). Can't wait until I get Barrows Gloves, Peity, and some other goodies so that every action I do in this game will generate a profit, instead of making my bank rollercoaster.

I know my first scenario I illustrated was a lot more severe, but it actually hurts more to lose 1M while I'm not making any money and trying to get quests and skills done, than it did to lose 5M while leveling Slayer.

Edited by Bruthar