Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gonzyy

Explosions Hit Boston Marathon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22160691

I'm actually sick to the stomach at how someone can actually go through with something like this.

No real target, just innocent people, normal people running the race. 3 hours after the 'elite' runners made it back, so it would literally have been people just there to enjoy themselves. and their families spectating. disgusting

Watching this unfold. Hope they catch whoever did this. Let's hope it's not the prelude to another war...

EDIT: ProFootballTalk rt'ed this just now

NY Post: "Authorities have a identified a suspect, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds."

EDIT2: Unfortunately the NY post was wrong, there is no suspect in custody as of the time of this edit.

Edited by Leo Crimson

Watching this unfold. Hope they kill whoever did this. Let's hope it's not the prelude to another war...

Fix'd.

Not the time, nor the place. But given the nature of the fix, not too surprising, either.

NY Post: "Authorities have a identified a suspect, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds."

If that's the case, it looks like the work of a lunatic rather than something "organised". But then again, it's the New York Post; I'd rather get confirmation somewhere else.

@Leo below: :ice:

Edited by Arianna

Watching this unfold. Hope they kill whoever did this. Let's hope it's not the prelude to another war...

Fix'd.

Not the time, nor the place. But given the nature of the fix, not too surprising, either.

Sorry, that was a little out of line. :/

I live 20 minutes away from Boston. There's also a facebook page dedicated to the explosion and not to respect the victims but for the "likes" Also I was listening to BPD radio and they detained a potential suspect.

Also I was listening to BPD radio and they detained a potential suspect

Only the NY Post and - briefly - FOX said that.

Yeah, that's as much information as before

Boston police, indeed, deny there's anyone in custody:

A spokesperson for the Boston Police Department said no suspects have been taken into custody yet after the bombing at the Boston Marathon. “At this time, we haven’t been notified of any arrests or anyone apprehended,” the spokesperson said.

The New York Post reported that a “Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today’s blast” has been identified as “a suspect” in the Boston Marathon bombing.” The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.

“Honestly, I don’t know where they’re getting their information from, but it didn’t come from us,” said the spokesperson.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/boston-police-no-arrests-have-been-made-in

Also, lovely:

tumblr_mlbhcoRios1r4o8jvo1_500.jpg

Edited by Arianna

There was a abandoned running vehicle in a parking lot and a laptop breif case in an alley way and a backpack under a bridge. This was all anounced on the radio. I'm pretty sure the backpack and breif case isn't a bomb.

There was a abandoned running vehicle in a parking lot and a laptop breif case in an alley way and a backpack under a bridge. This was all anounced on the radio. I'm pretty sure the backpack and breif case isn't a bomb.

See edit above - Boston police deny having detained anybody so far.

See edit above - Boston police deny having detained anybody so far.

Well I'm listening to the radio right now and they said ages ago that there was a potential suspect. Either they're not ready to release that info or they haven't questioned him/her. Listen to the radio here. Also they just found a package smoking. http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web

My family was there today. I would have been there if not for school an hour or two away. Thank the emergency response people whenever you get a chance, it goes a long way :c

Pictures are pretty gruesome. That guy who got his legs completely blown off is terrible, and then the picture of the 6 year old girl that died and her father is heart breaking.

2004vkQ.png

Where's ghostfoot when you need him.

I am right here.

Have you seen this picture going around? http://25.media.tumblr.com/bf5af7dd24392a63c6241ac0479abf8c/tumblr_mlbgzzQDpc1rfy1jko1_500.jpg

Photoshop? Real?

Also: Authorities announced a drill before the explosions along with bomb sniffing dogs and more security than usual.

Haven't really read into it at all, but it all does seem a little strange.

I bet if they find a suspect (if they haven't already) he'll be a white Tea Party member.

And yeah, again. That's all from 5 minutes of looking around on the internet hours ago. Something to think about.

I bet if they find a suspect (if they haven't already) he'll be a white Tea Party member.
Indeed, because white people don't place bombs.

(And if they do, they damn well make sure the body count goes above 50 by any means necessary)

tumblr_mlbgqb3aml1rnogreo1_1280.jpg

And, as usual, fudge you WBC.

What a frightening and horrible thing to happen, RIP to those who perished.

2004vkQ.png

Where's ghostfoot when you need him.

I am right here.

Have you seen this picture going around? http://25.media.tumb...fy1jko1_500.jpg

Photoshop? Real?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thoughts-Go-out-To-All-Involved-In-The-Boston-Explosions/335052053270628

Joined Jan 29 and all the pictures uploaded then.

http://www.facebook.com/help/301591769889792/

You can change the date of creation of posts/a page.

Facebook debates already raging over how odd it is that the guy had his leg blown off hadn't bled out yet. If you see the link on Kamil's post, it's a few pics down. DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE EASILY DISGUSTED. I hate the internet sometimes.

That's both extremely sad and pathetic but also amazingly ridiculous to the point if this weren't a topic about such a depressing bomb attack that caused two deaths and who knows how many injured at this point I am sure I would have laughed. What a group of absolute human garbage and scum, there isn't even a word bad enough to describe what they are.

That's both extremely sad and pathetic but also amazingly ridiculous to the point if this weren't a topic about such a depressing bomb attack that caused two deaths and who knows how many injured at this point I am sure I would have laughed. What a group of absolute human garbage and scum, there isn't even a word bad enough to describe what they are.

I think it's pointless to pay them any attention at all. They're not going to change and attention is exactly what they want.