Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Micael Fatia

Someone just broke into my house

Yep that's right, 100% serious topic. Posting this on the scape lounge because I don't know where else I should.

So like almost two hours ago ago I was sleeping and woke up to the sound of my doorbell ringing, I got up slowly put on my robe and walked downstairs to check on who rang the doorbell. Didn't see anybody through the door's peephole so I thought I probably had imagined the sound or that it took me so long to get up that whoever rang the doorbell simply left. No big deal, and since I was up already I decided to turn on the computer and play some games, check Sal's etc instead of going to bed again. So 30 minutes ago I was reading some random topic, Yuan's topic I think or a DM Hall's topic can't remember, when my room's door suddenly opens and a face peeks in and looks at me then immediately disappears, I mean I couldn't even take a proper look at the guy (it was a guy, probably the only thing I'm sure of) because it was so quick. My reaction when the door opened was say 'what the hell', literally in English and everything because I though it was actually my brother (we like using english expressions when talking to eachother irl). He does it a lot when he gets home earlier from school, and if I'm home and in my room he opens the door and says something along the lines of 'então mano' (sup bro) and gives me a thumbs up so idk I just thought it was him because it happens almost every week. Anyway it only took me about 10 seconds to realise it was obviously not my brother, 1) because he didn't say anything at all, 2) because I heard the sound of the guy running down the stairs (my room is in the first floor of my house) as fast as he could. So I kinda had a wtf just happened moment, got up quickly called for my brother just to be sure it wasn't him and when I got no response I went to a room in my house that we basically use to store stuff like you know Christmas tree, old stuff like toys, books old furnishings (probably not the right word but can't be arsed to think about it since I'm a bit stressed out now, basically whatever the English word for 'mobília' is) etc and grabbed a sword my father bought a couple years ago for the lols. (not a real sword ofc, it's smaller but still pretty dangerous and can do some damage)

Went downstairs (noticed the stairs light was on) and the front door and the front garden (well not really a garden, just a bit of grass but idk what to call it. The Portuguese word for it is jardim and it translate to garden so I'll just use it even though it's not really a garden, anyway nobody cares so idk why I'm explaining this must be the adrenaline/stress whatever) gate were both open.

So basically when the guy saw me ran away as fast as he could, and apparently the first thing he did was check if there was anyone home because nothing seems to be missing. When my brother left this morning to school apparently he forgot to lock the door and the burglar used what we call here the 'card trick' to open the door.

So yeah I suppose we had a lot of luck today, because 1) I was home 2) I was up (the rare times I'm home in the morning I usually sleep almost until lunch) and 3) that I'm so badass the burglar ran away in fear as soon as he saw me. (:P)

So yeah checked all the house already with my trusty sword (lol), locked the door, called my uncle who's a cop (and my parents too to inform them of what had happened) they arrived checked if anything was missing etc and left a couple minutes ago.

So yeah just a somewhat scary experience I felt like sharing with you guys.

Wow! I'd call the police, see if they can get any fingerprints off things that he touched (door knob etc). Glad you're all okay though, but it would've been interesting to read "Someone just broke into my house and I stabbed them with a sword - how can I hide the body?" instead!

That sucks :( That being said, I think that it'd have been cool if the robber had a sword and you guys dueled. That would have made for an epic story.

Oh wow, glad you are ok! That's so scary, at least he ran away.

Wow! I'd call the police, see if they can get any fingerprints off things that he touched (door knob etc). Glad you're all okay though, but it would've been interesting to read "Someone just broke into my house and I stabbed them with a sword - how can I hide the body?" instead!

Well I technically did call the police since my uncle is a cop. :P

But he wasn't working though so there wasn't really much he could do other than check out the house with me for a second time, and the garage and everything else. He asked me to explain everything I could remember since I woke up and if I had seen the burglar well but honestly it was so quick the only things I can remember is that the guy was shorter than my brother, and I think he was bald and had either a baby blue hat or a jacket but I can't be 100% sure. Highly doubt they'll send the Portuguese equivalent of the CSI when nothing was stolen, damaged and the burglar basically ran away faster than Usain Bolt.

Oh wow, glad you are ok! That's so scary, at least he ran away.

Yeah he ran away faster from me than Jethraw during the Castle wars event. :cute:

At least he didnt attack you

We don't have many violent crimes where I live so even if he burglar had a weapon or something I'm pretty sure he would still have bailed anyway. The guy thought nobody was home and when he was checking the house we surprised eachother and he panicked.

But yeah there's always exceptions, I suppose I got lucky it was just a harmless burglar.

did it feel good? you should booby trap your house and just keep it unlocked for the burglars. put a pitfall trap with hungry snapping turtles at the bottom or something

did it feel good? you should booby trap your house and just keep it unlocked for the burglars. put a pitfall trap with hungry snapping turtles at the bottom or something

Not a bad idea! :P

the first weapon you grabbed was a sword

badass

I had a spear shaped curtain poll right next to me but it would have taken too long to remove the poll from the support and take off the curtain so I just went looking for the sword, and luckily I found it quickly.

Str lvl?

99 of course, the burglar ran away after seeing my cape. He was a noob with pretty low Thieving, but an amazing Agility level.

Just noticed in the OP I started three phrases with 'so yeah' in a row lol, that's what happens when you're nervous and write a post in a rush without re-reading it before pressing add reply.

I definitely got extremely lucky, things really could've gone way worse.

Wow, I'm glad you're okay, that must have been a rush. I'll. Add that to my list of things to do before I die: chase robber out of home with sword. Bonus points for dueling! :P

Wow! You are seriously impressive! That you did it with a sword as well has some serious kudos points attached.

I'm glad that you're alright. That must have been frightening as Hell. You did brilliantly in reaction to it. Go you.

Put a note on the door that says "keep this door locked" then no one will forget.

When I move out of New York, I'm going to keep a firearm hidden in every common room. Since reading that, I've been thinking of how much firepower I could fit into a 5.25" drive bay drawer. A Ruger LCP at least--maybe even a big Glock in .45 ACP or 10mm.

When I move out of New York, I'm going to keep a firearm hidden in every common room. Since reading that, I've been thinking of how much firepower I could fit into a 5.25" drive bay drawer. A Ruger LCP at least--maybe even a big Glock in .45 ACP or 10mm.

I sincerely hope that in an act of cosmic irony they all get stolen. :P

:P Could just install it in a fugly beige thing with a Pentium II sticker attached to it.

man imagine if he looked over at your computer and saw you playing RS and was like

"DUDE I PLAY TOO"

or he saw he was on sal's forum and was like

"omg another [email protected]#[email protected]#"

and then they had tea and coffee and talked for 2 hours and became best friends

man imagine if he looked over at your computer and saw you playing RS and was like

"DUDE I PLAY TOO"

ya he was like

"OMG MIC IT'S ME LONELY!!!!"

"DUDE I PLAY TOO"

ya he was like

funniest-cat-gifs-cat-tricked.gif

It was you!

Wow! You are seriously impressive! That you did it with a sword as well has some serious kudos points attached.

I'm glad that you're alright. That must have been frightening as Hell. You did brilliantly in reaction to it. Go you.

Thanks but I wouldn't call it a brilliant reaction, it was so sudden, unexpected and surprising I couldn't even think properly. First thing that went through my head was 'there's an intruder in my house? Aw hell naw' followed immediately by 'where the :censored: is the sword?'. :P

As some have said in the topic already it really could've gone way worse and I was lucky. Now obviously I'm not saying I should've sit in a corner crying but probably grabbing a sword and rushing downstairs as fast as I did wasn't a very good idea, the guy could've had armed accomplices waiting outsider or something and if they saw me with a sword it could have ended badly for me. Unlikely maybe, but entirely possible. :P

ya he was like

SO IT WAS YOU! I KNEW IT!!

I'm going to report the crime this weekend and after I show the police your admission of guilt in this topic ur totally going 2 jail. Gonna teach you not to enter my property. -.-

should've used a gun

Edited by theking1322