Sal's RuneScape Forum
Kemosabe

Iron Man 3

I saw it last night, and I thought it was really good. Much better than the previous Iron Man movies. Has anyone else here seen it? What did you think?

I saw it yesterday too and it was pretty good. Nothing mind-blowing though.

So will Iron Man be in the Avengers 2?

I also saw it yesterday. I think it was good but it's just entertainment and I can't take these sort of films to seriously. I thought the plot was solid and I didn't actually guess what was going to happen which was at least something.

I don't think Iron Man is over, I bet he's going to do some cameos in the other films.

I also saw it yesterday. I think it was good but it's just entertainment and I can't take these sort of films to seriously. I thought the plot was solid and I didn't actually guess what was going to happen which was at least something.

I don't think Iron Man is over, I bet he's going to do some cameos in the other films.

Haven't watched the movie yet, but he pretty much has to come back in the second Avengers. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Haven't watched the movie yet, but he pretty much has to come back in the second Avengers. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

If it's anything like his pay for the first Avengers he's a fool not to http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9270541/Avengers-Assemble-Robert-Downey-Jr-to-pocket-50-million-payday-as-Iron-Man.html

It's not in the USA until next Friday. I'm excited. However, I'm irritated that the trailers for the movie seem to have given away all the amazing scenes. I much rather would've seen them in the movie, without any expectation, so that the original shock would still be there. (And I didn't even go out of my way to watch the trailers, they were forced upon me at the previews for other movies at the theaters).

I'm going to go see it tommorow, the reviews seem good so I'm looking forward to it.

It's not in the USA until next Friday. I'm excited. However, I'm irritated that the trailers for the movie seem to have given away all the amazing scenes. I much rather would've seen them in the movie, without any expectation, so that the original shock would still be there. (And I didn't even go out of my way to watch the trailers, they were forced upon me at the previews for other movies at the theaters).

Wait, what the hell? Something was released in NZ before the USA?

Wait, what the hell? Something was released in NZ before the USA?

It's quite common now, if you look at the release dates to albums and stuff the US tend to be getting it last or close to. It's not New Zealand getting it first though normally it gets released in Europe at the same time as us.

It' what happens with Hollywood box office films. Trailers are to attract people to watch it. Most mainstream films I watch I can work out what happens before it ends which is annoying I want some cliffhanger or something.

Ugh I found the excessive comic relief somewhat jarring, felt like it detracted from the overall quality of the film. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I'd happily see it in cinema again if a friend wanted to go, but it could have been a lot stronger. 1>3>2 for me, all three are better than the other standalone Avenger films.

^ Captain America was a good movie.

In my opinion it's the worst of the lot, but that might just be because the character irritates me to no end.

^ Captain America was a good movie.

In my opinion it's the worst of the lot, but that might just be because the character irritates me to no end.

THERE'S ONLY ONE GOD, MA'AM.

It was a great film. It had a good plot, great action sequences and well timed wit and humour. The new director's touch shows. It's probably the darkest yet the most funny of the three and the way they were able to balance and interchange between those two things shows great execution and is worthy of praise.

It was badass k? When Iron Man brings it, Iron Man BRINGS IT! Definitely worth watching. Go watch it!!

There will be a next round of Avengers movies like Thor, Captain America...etc which will culminate with the Avengers 2. After that, who knows?

Edited by Phoenix Rider

It was a great film. It had a good plot, great action sequences and well timed wit and humour. The new director's touch shows. It's probably the darkest yet the most funny of the three and the way they were able to balance and interchange between those two things shows great execution and is worthy of praise.

It was badass k? When Iron Man brings it, Iron Man BRINGS IT! Definitely worth watching. Go watch it!!

There will be a next round of Avengers movies like Thor, Captain America...etc which will culminate with the Avengers 2. After that, who knows?

The chances of RDJ returning for anything after The Avengers 2 are slim to none, sadly.

I did see the trailer for Thor 2 before the movie... My sister went ape shizzle... But thats besides the point

Iron Man 3 was more of a sequel to The Avengers then Iron Man 2, but mostly cause of what happens when New York is mentioned. I hope all the other Marvel standalone movies are as good as this, cause if they are, they will be some seriously good watching.

Highly enjoyed it. When I go to see these things I know I'm going more for the spectacle than for a solid movie with good acting/writing, etc, and it delivered on the account. The final scenes were especially awesome. Not to mention all the jokes, and the entire theater audience laughing along with them. It's a moviegoing experience unlike any other. The only thing I don't understand is why the movie had to take place around Christmas. There seemed to be no reason to have it take place during then. From what I understand, this is something the director does with many of his movies?

On a further note, what did you guys think of The Mandarin twist?

Highly enjoyed it. When I go to see these things I know I'm going more for the spectacle than for a solid movie with good acting/writing, etc, and it delivered on the account. The final scenes were especially awesome. Not to mention all the jokes, and the entire theater audience laughing along with them. It's a moviegoing experience unlike any other. The only thing I don't understand is why the movie had to take place around Christmas. There seemed to be no reason to have it take place during then. From what I understand, this is something the director does with many of his movies?

mandarin twist kind of killed it for me tbh it was just such a let down from that aspect

Actually the movie on a whole to me was just meh, it kind of seemed like they were trying to show how much Stark had matured or something and it just didn't seem very iron man to me, although the final scene was pretty cool. Also there were a lot of plot holes it seemed to me

for example the suits being basically useless when extremes touched them????

Watched it last night, good movie overall:

1. YINSEN LIVES. Jk, just a flashback and a nice reference to that Bern thing in the cave from IM1.

2. I really wish sometime during the whole sequence where the Mandarin is just an actor he casually slips on the Ten Rings and just whacks Stark or something. Kind of a letdown for that character.

3. Extremis dudes were way OP; I don't read much Marvel though, so I'm not sure how powerful they are in the comics.

4. Nice Mark Ruffalo cameo, "I'm not that kind of doctor", "don't have the temperament", etc.)

5. RDJ better return.

I saw it last night and thought it was really good

1 > 3 > 2

the coolest bit was seeing the different suits he made and their abilities

Though I would've loved to see a stealth one that the kid mentions

Edited by Bill is LONELY in his tree

mandarin twist kind of killed it for me tbh it was just such a let down from that aspect

Actually the movie on a whole to me was just meh, it kind of seemed like they were trying to show how much Stark had matured or something and it just didn't seem very iron man to me, although the final scene was pretty cool. Also there were a lot of plot holes it seemed to me

I thought extremis was overpowered as well, but it's probably just their not being designed to withstand that kind of abuse. I'll go ahead and assume that subsequent Iron Man models would do much better against them.

I thought extremis was overpowered as well, but it's probably just their not being designed to withstand that kind of abuse. I'll go ahead and assume that subsequent Iron Man models would do much better against them.

as would i but it just seemed silly and there was no real explanation :/