Sal's RuneScape Forum

Couple of things will optimize your damage output:

Best gloves to wear are recipe for disaster gloves.

Neitznot helm for the strength bonus. It's from the quest Freminik isles.

Swap rune kite for rune defender.

Fighter torso is another 4 strength, but if you dislike barbarian assault it might not be worth it.

Rune boots are the best boots, but if you can't afford them, I think rock climbing boots have the same strength bonus.

What I did was Strength train off of Slayer. The 15% attack and strength boost from the Black Mask really makes up for all of the stopping and traveling you have to do after each task. By the time I hit 85 Slayer, I had 78 attack 75 def and 96 or 97 Strength, then I just got 99 off of Abyssal Demons.

If all you want is 99 strength, and you want it swiftly some of the best ways to do it is to either Protect Melee (while wearing a Saradomin or Zamorak item) AFK against Bandits located within the Bandit Camp at the Kharidian Desert, though this is expensive since you have to keep up your Prayer Points, or even use super potions if you want to be super effective, or you can get 70 Defence and acquire full Dharoks, go off to the Monkey Guards at Ape Atoll and AFK there, there's an altar right in that temple you can use to keep recharging your Prayer Points for free.

What I did was Strength train off of Slayer. The 15% attack and strength boost from the Black Mask really makes up for all of the stopping and traveling you have to do after each task. By the time I hit 85 Slayer, I had 78 attack 75 def and 96 or 97 Strength, then I just got 99 off of Abyssal Demons.

If all you want is 99 strength, and you want it swiftly some of the best ways to do it is to either Protect Melee (while wearing a Saradomin or Zamorak item) AFK against Bandits located within the Bandit Camp at the Kharidian Desert, though this is expensive since you have to keep up your Prayer Points, or even use super potions if you want to be super effective, or you can get 70 Defence and acquire full Dharoks, go off to the Monkey Guards at Ape Atoll and AFK there, there's an altar right in that temple you can use to keep recharging your Prayer Points for free.

^ this man knows what's up. I achieved 99 str about a week ago doing Bandits. It is actually a semi-afkable spot to train since you have to drink prayer potions every few minutes. I got around 50-55k xp/ph using a Berserker style set-up.

Problem with the monkey guards, theres a small level 2 spider that poisons even through protect from melee, and its respawn timer is about as fast as you can blink. So bring super Anti-p pots and make sure as hell you don't take poison damage.