Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
King Of Monra

USA.

Gee, if Sal's playful banter is warnable now I'm not sure I feel safe in General Chat. :P

That being said I hope you have a great trip Monra :)

Gee, if Sal's playful banter is warnable now I'm not sure I feel safe in General Chat. :P

I pointed out the ones who were on thin ice. Monra just did not approve of many of the posts here, and I am trying to point out that there has been nothing warranting a closure of this thread, considering the majority of the active users here have tried to be somewhat helpful. :P

New Yorker here, like Fake.

...Chinatown...

If you are going to visit that Chinatown then I suggest the SF one as well. I've heard SF has the best chinatown, then NYC then Philadelphia (which you are not visiting :()

On the theme of country based regions of the city: Little Italy in New York City. Have dinner there once. Pretty much all restaurants are good because competition is fierce. If it is a good day eat outside. There are something like three little Italys though and I don't know which one is best to be honest.

...Chinatown...

If you are going to visit that Chinatown then I suggest the SF one as well. I've heard SF has the best chinatown, then NYC then Philadelphia (which you are not visiting :()

On the theme of country based regions of the city: Little Italy in New York City. Have dinner there once. Pretty much all restaurants are good because competition is fierce. If it is a good day eat outside. There are something like three little Italys though and I don't know which one is best to be honest.

Little Italy's fairly good as well, but I've seen half a dozen places there close in the past year(Federal crackdown, I believe).

If you do end up going to Chinatown, I can point out all the good places to go. That is, non-tourist trap businesses.

I'm not looking down on anyone who tries to help me, and if I seem arrogant then I'm sorry, but saying things like

Go to huge tourist cities Ask for things to do that tourists don't usually do You need to revise your itinerary.

and

don't come here

Is not helpfull or trying to be helpfull.

And I do realise that there are people who actually have helped me and I am thankfull for that, but it's the ones who just post things as the two that I pointed out(and others) that I find annoying.

Visit Fisherman's Wharf if you're going to be in San Fran. Also might want to check out Pier 39 which has some good food and shops. Take it from me, I live across the bay from San Fran ;)

You had me at food.(or good food)

Tsunayoshi: Thank you, finally someone who actually contributed.

What? I suggested something I thought you'd find fun.

What? I suggested something I thought you'd find fun.

You were wrong.

Enjoy stereotypical American food. European burgers aren't the same as American burgers.

If you think that the only kind of food they have in the US are burgers, I feel sorry for you.

Huh? I'm from Texas. I was just pointing out one of the bigger differences in food you'd find. If you were coming to Texas I'd definitely suggest some places to go, but I don't know much about the cities you're going to.

I would guess that the burgers in one of the gordon ramsay restaurants in las vegas are quite good. I surely wont be eating mcdonalds (it should be against the law to call those things burgers) Anyway sorry for jumping the gun, I thought you were just doing what most people do who has never been to the US, thinking that all you guys do is eat burgers. :) Sorry about that.

How can you come to the states and not visit the only state that matters?

And that would be where?

Texas_large_large.jpg

Maybe I'll visit Texas another time, we did plan on doing route 66, that goes trough texas right? So maybe another time. :)

I could tell you about some fire spots in NYC to blaze up.

Like set fire to? I don't think that's a good idea.

I can recommend some nice restaurants in New York but a lot are upscale. How upscale are you willing to go? I can't think of any good casual places to go in NYC since they closed Ray's Pizza ( :madsing: ). I'll keep thinking though.

I've never been to San Francisco, but my parents and sister lived there before I was alive. Supposedly the Mexican/Chinese food there is really good. Might want to try some out while you are there.

Nothing is too upscale, even Gordon ramsay's restaurants are cheap compared to any restaurant in Norway (well almost any) being in the US with a Norwegian salary makes you feel rich.

And yeah I heard that the food in chinatown is really good in SF, looking forward to eating there.

Stay away from canal street with a burning passion, you will have some asian trying to sell you perfume/cologne in everyone of those tourist shops. Go to little Italy and get 2 things: New york pizza and Mulberry ST. Cigars. You haven't lived until you had both.

Otherwise Trump Tower and Nike Town is pretty cool, go visit the WTC memorial, go on top of Rockefeller Center, visit time square and get some cheese cake, etc. etc. etc.

A pizza and a cigar? too bad I can't get cuban cigars in the US, but the mulberry is a good one? I'll just pretend that I don't speak English to the asian guy :P.

Is it bad that one of the most notable things of California is its amazing Asian food?

Nah. I wouldn't say so.

San fran has a great gay scene.

Same with NY, go wild Monra.

It's not for me, I'm not homosexual.

In all seriousness, you should come and visit Detroit. The architecture is wonderful and the people are really nice.

Maybe next time, if I survive the trip.

MoMa, Empire State, Museum of Natural history are all overrated. The MeT is decent, and South Street Seaport is a nice place to go; I recommend the restaurant Cabana there if they're still open. Central Park certainly is nice around this time, if allergies don't get to you, and Chinatown is equally awesome, though I may be biased there.

Shake Shack is a must.

Writing it all down, thank you.

Thank you.

----

On a side note, I'm sorry for being negative a lot, but I'm a kind of person that looks for the negative first and the positive things just slide past.

But thanx for the help so far everyone, I do appriciate it.

Edited by King Of Monra

I spent one day in NYC last February, it was awesome despite the rainy and 35º weather. The One World Trade Center was awe-inspiring, I'd love to see it completed now. Times Square at night is beautiful, I stood on Duffy Square looked down 7th for about 5 minutes, that was the best experience. Bring tough walking shoes, I trashed a new pair of Vans in 9 hours of walking through puddles.

I've always wanted to see San Fran, especially the Redwoods.

I hope your trip treats you well.

Here is a list of must have food:

New York Pizza from Little Italy

Cheesecake from Time Square, there is a nice deli that has amazing cheese cake and sandwhiches.

Breakfast and coffee in a diner, one of the most american things to eat.

Chinese food

Philly Cheesesteak

Milkshake from Steak and Shake.

Tacos/Nachos.

You have good taste.

Too bad the closest steak and sheak is in Iowa City which is a good 3 hour drive.

You have good taste.

Too bad the closest steak and sheak is in Iowa City which is a good 3 hour drive.

Closest one for me is in the DFW area and that's about 3 hours too, so I know that pain.

You have good taste.

Closest one for me is in the DFW area and that's about 3 hours too, so I know that pain.

It's like five minutes from me. Burgers suck, fries suck, shakes are pretty awesome, everything is overpriced.

I only eat there if I have coupons. :pirate:

You have good taste.

It's like five minutes from me. Burgers suck, fries suck, shakes are pretty awesome, everything is overpriced.

Can confirm, live very close to one as well

Five Guys is where it's at.

You have good taste.

Can confirm, live very close to one as well

Five Guys is where it's at.

You know, for me I'm just not a big fan of their burgers. Fries are amazing, but I've always thought the burgers were plain.

For a cheap burger, In N Out is where to go. For a real crazy burger, Boomerjacks in the DFW area, dayuuummmm.

Never underestimate the power of the burger.

If your out in NYC and are a little hungry, look for a hot dog stand. Usually the ones with a line are worth it. Btw, it might not be wise to mention NYC and placing a bomb. Just saying.

Putting this out there, if anyone is ever in the south you gotta, you GOTTA, have Chicken Express. Opened in Benbrook, Texas (that's by me!), seriously the best fried chicken tenders in the world.

Putting this out there, if anyone is ever in the south you gotta, you GOTTA, have Chicken Express. Opened in Benbrook, Texas (that's by me!), seriously the best fried chicken tenders in the world.

On that topic, Chick-fil-A is pretty good too.

Yea they also have them up north, too. I think they're in new York so it's worth going just to get your american dose of fried food and right wing politics.

Yea they also have them up north, too. I think they're in new York so it's worth going just to get your american dose of fried food and right wing politics.

Chick-Fil-A>everything. Except on Sundays :(

Oop I thought it said last post was 6/30 *_*

Edited by Owner

Doesn't beat chicken express I'm sorry.

Dem biscuits.

i want a trip to america just to go to all these crazy fast food joints

I want to try one of those 10 gallons soda cans I hear so much about.

i want a trip to america just to go to all these crazy fast food joints

I want to try one of those 10 gallons soda cans I hear so much about.

Wait what??

Here is a list of must have food:

New York Pizza from Little Italy

Cheesecake from Time Square, there is a nice deli that has amazing cheese cake and sandwhiches.

Breakfast and coffee in a diner, one of the most american things to eat.

Chinese food

Philly Cheesesteak

Tacos/Nachos.

Yum! I remember eating cheesecakes in Times Square!

I also loved the cream cheese bagels. We have a small Jewish community in Bondi, Sydney where you can get a decent bagel but it's nothing like the bagels I had in New York!

Dem biscuits.

This is going to sound incredibly ignorant but in Australia when we talk about 'biscuits' we usually mean the sweet Arnotts ones, so when I went to the US and saw savory foods serviced with biscuits I was horrified :box: