Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
King Of Monra

USA.

So, I'll be going to the US with some friends in september.

We'll be going to new york. las vegas and around california, mostly san fransisco and los angeles.

What I want to know is, what should we see? (and don't say the empire state building) I'm talking about things that tourist don't tend to find. Restaurants, stores, parks, hot sh*t. And other things.

We have already bought the tickets.

Oh and when it comes to las vegas, we already know what we'll be doing there, on the strip.

2nd of september to 22nd. We'll be in the states for about 20 days.

We start in San fran

We will have our base there as well, we'll be using a rental car to get around. New york is the last stop.

plz dont come to east coast :c

plz dont come to east coast :c

The locations of where we're going is already set. I'm not asking about where we should or should not go.

Visit Fisherman's Wharf if you're going to be in San Fran. Also might want to check out Pier 39 which has some good food and shops. Take it from me, I live across the bay from San Fran ;)

Enjoy stereotypical American food. European burgers aren't the same as American burgers.

Enjoy stereotypical American food. European burgers aren't the same as American burgers.

If you think that the only kind of food they have in the US are burgers, I feel sorry for you.

Tsunayoshi: Thank you, finally someone who actually contributed.

If you think that the only kind of food they have in the US are burgers, I feel sorry for you.

lol what the shizzle

Huh? I'm from Texas. I was just pointing out one of the bigger differences in food you'd find. If you were coming to Texas I'd definitely suggest some places to go, but I don't know much about the cities you're going to.

What? I suggested something I thought you'd find fun.

You were wrong.

Huh? I'm from Texas. I was just pointing out one of the bigger differences in food you'd find. If you were coming to Texas I'd definitely suggest some places to go, but I don't know much about the cities you're going to.

I would guess that the burgers in one of the gordon ramsay restaurants in las vegas are quite good. I surely wont be eating mcdonalds (it should be against the law to call those things burgers) Anyway sorry for jumping the gun, I thought you were just doing what most people do who has never been to the US, thinking that all you guys do is eat burgers. :) Sorry about that.

How can you come to the states and not visit the only state that matters?

And that would be where?

What? I suggested something I thought you'd find fun.

You were wrong.

I would guess that the burgers in one of the gordon ramsay restaurants in las vegas are quite good. I surely wont be eating mcdonalds (it should be against the law to call those things burgers) Anyway sorry for jumping the gun, I thought you were just doing what most people do who has never been to the US, thinking that all you guys do is eat burgers. :) Sorry about that.

How can you come to the states and not visit the only state that matters?

And that would be where?

Texas_large_large.jpg

I could tell you about some fire spots in NYC to blaze up.

I can recommend some nice restaurants in New York but a lot are upscale. How upscale are you willing to go? I can't think of any good casual places to go in NYC since they closed Ray's Pizza ( :madsing: ). I'll keep thinking though.

I've never been to San Francisco, but my parents and sister lived there before I was alive. Supposedly the Mexican/Chinese food there is really good. Might want to try some out while you are there.

Stay away from canal street with a burning passion, you will have some asian trying to sell you perfume/cologne in everyone of those tourist shops. Go to little Italy and get 2 things: New york pizza and Mulberry ST. Cigars. You haven't lived until you had both.

Otherwise Trump Tower and Nike Town is pretty cool, go visit the WTC memorial, go on top of Rockefeller Center, visit time square and get some cheese cake, etc. etc. etc.

Is it bad that one of the most notable things of California is its amazing Asian food?

San fran has a great gay scene.

Same with NY, go wild Monra.

In all seriousness, you should come and visit Detroit. The architecture is wonderful and the people are really nice.

In all seriousness, you should come and visit Detroit. The architecture is wonderful and the people are really nice.

We'll be going to new york. las vegas and around california, mostly san fransisco and los angeles.

Go to huge tourist cities

Ask for things to do that tourists don't usually do

You need to revise your itinerary.

No I don't. I didn't say I were not going to do any of the tourist stuff or see any of the tourist stuff, I am simply asking for the hidden gems (or so to speak), places that tourist don't tend to know about, so I and my friends can experience the US how it is suppose to be experienced, and not with a bunch of other tourist people.

I don't get why that is such a bad thing to ask. If I asked "hey where is a good place in New york to place a bomb" I'd get your hostility, but I don't get it on a simple subject of what I created.

Why do I even bother...

Trying to ask a simple question, that should have simple answers, and all I get (almost) is bloody nonsense.

Edited by King Of Monra

New Yorker here, like Fake.

MoMa, Empire State, Museum of Natural history are all overrated. The MeT is decent, and South Street Seaport is a nice place to go; I recommend the restaurant Cabana there if they're still open. Central Park certainly is nice around this time, if allergies don't get to you, and Chinatown is equally awesome, though I may be biased there.

Shake Shack is a must.

I'd say a fancy restaurant is the last place you'd want to go to get American food. Try a Five Guys or In-N-Out. Mexican as suggested earlier is also good in some of your areas, but don't assume top-dollar places are the way to go, it can be quite the contrary in some places. Try a busy taco truck.

Go to huge tourist cities

Ask for things to do that tourists don't usually do

You need to revise your itinerary.

No I don't. I didn't say I were not going to do any of the tourist stuff or see any of the tourist stuff, I am simply asking for the hidden gems (or so to speak), places that tourist don't tend to know about, so I and my friends can experience the US how it is suppose to be experienced, and not with a bunch of other tourist people.

I don't get why that is such a bad thing to ask. If I asked "hey where is a good place in New york to place a bomb" I'd get your hostility, but I don't get it on a simple subject of what I created.

Why do I even bother...

Trying to ask a simple question, that should have simple answers, and all I get (almost) is bloody nonsense.

You must not understand AMERICA.

AMERICA is all about freedom. AMERICA is all about making things up as you go and creating your own story. AMERICA is for the working man.

You people make me sick.

If you want to experience America as it's supposed to be experienced, go buy tickets to a Major League Baseball game. Visit a bar in a rural area. Rent a sports car and drive around on the straight roads in the desert. Go to a sports bar on game night. Go to an airshow.

You can't condense the American experience into a museum visit, a restaurant or a shopping trip. Everyone has those. But if you look in the right places, you might be able to capture a tiny sliver of it.

(all of these things are reasonably close to the places you'll be visiting by the way)

Edited by theking1322

Y'know, it is perfectly okay for a thread owner requesting a thread to be closed for various reasons, but in this case I am going to make an exception and let it stay open.

As I see it, there are four things going on in this thread.

1: You have quite a few posts that are both helpful, insightful and abide by the request found in the topic post.

2: You have a few posts that were not very helpful and somewhat off topic, but that is to be expected to be found in such a forum.

3: You have some people trying to point out that to experience America, you would have to take a different approach if you are to experience the heart and soul of the US (..and they probably know best in that regard since they live in the US)

4: You have a thread-starter which has a somewhat condescending attitude.

I realise that you want things done in a specific way, but if that really was the case, then you would be far more likely to find a more accurate answer through a quick search query on Google. The fact is, when people are trying to be somewhat helpful and suggest alternate approaches, then respect them enough to treat them with some basic human respect. They are trying to help you out, even if it is not in the manner you had hoped for, so stop belittling them.

Monra, behave and stop looking down on everyone trying to help you. You are not in a position to be arrogant and disrespectful. Behave or I warn you.

Venom, stop baiting Monra or I will warn you.

Redmonke, stop the unnecessary spam that aggravates the situation before I warn you.

Now, let us go back to this thread and keep on point, shall we? We can still get to the point where we all can help to make Monra's trip both memorable and fantastic.