Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kaibamanjrs

Teenager Keiron Belmont in court for decimating man's online RuneScape fantasy game profile Read more: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Teenager-Kei

The guy should have been punished for that. You can argue that it's virtual and so on, but in this day and age that's no longer a valid argument.

"These credits do not have any real value — their only value is in the game.

And if somebody broke my xbox it'd be okay, because I only lost a bunch of information from some silly video games. -.-

You can argue whatever you want, Jagex's T&C state that:

Virtual currency does not have any inherent value and is not your own private property. When you purchase or receive virtual currency, you do not own the virtual currency. Instead it constitutes a measurement of the extent of your license in a Jagex Product. Similarly, any virtual currency balance shown in your account does not constitute a real world balance or reflect any stored monetary value.

Both parties agreed to those terms by accessing RuneScape, if anything, she is guilty of breach of contract as they also state:

You agree to keep your password safe at all times and not to disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for the activities of all persons who use your password to gain access to your account. To help ensure the safety of your password, you must keep your computer free of viruses and other malicious code including Trojans. You must use your password in accordance with the password requirements specified on our site and our Rules of Conduct. Real Jagex staff will never ask you for your password.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the alcohol charge, I'd assume she'd be fined for wasting police time.

"Decimating"? Really? I love the adjectives they use in stories like this.

Sorry, but that's a verb <3

*facekeyboard*

I need to go watch School House Rock all over again. :box:

"These credits do not have any real value — their only value is in the game.

And if somebody broke my xbox it'd be okay, because I only lost a bunch of information from some silly video games. -.-

An Xbox is physical property though that has a set value (you could argue that virtual goods have value, but that value is solely determined by what people will pay for it).

hahahaha owned

(even though English has this silly usage of verbs as adjectives from time to time)

An Xbox is physical property though that has a set value (you could argue that virtual goods have value, but that value is solely determined by what people will pay for it)
Therefore, health damages should not be compensated because they do not have a set value. What?

Nevermind the fact that "[n]o separate penalty was imposed for the computer game offence".

Edited by Arianna

-nvm lol-

Edited by Adam?