Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tabt

I made the cover for Merch's new book!

51RDuz25eGL.jpg

I was trying to create something simple that included all the elements she wanted in it. What do you chaps think?

Edited by Tabt

looks good but you must get your letter better, now it looks too much like they were shopped on the signs

mainly the first one looks wrong-ish

Edited by Egghebrecht

The 'A' looks a little out of place on the relatively large sign, but otherwise it looks really good, ie. I'd think it was made by somebody who did graphic design for a living (but then again I'm not super critical of anything so take that as you will :P)

The 'A' looks a little out of place on the relatively large sign

Agreed. I think the 'A' and 'TO' sign ought to be resized horizontally to fit the text.

Best of luck Jo.

I get the general concept but I'm not sure it was executed well enough to be an effective cover. I didn't understand what the book was about for a second because the description didn't flow with the title. I thought the book was about a game called Wizzley. The mixing of upper and lower case words is a little off-putting and I'm not sure the stars fit the rest of the design.

I understand what you're going for, but if it's going to be printed and sold I can see a lot to improve upon if you want to catch interest from a glance.

I agree with this- a little fuzziness around the letter edges would be great, and having the cracks in the wood go through the letters as well.

I did try that on an earlier draft but it just looked too messy and was harder to read so I had to neaten it up in the end.

I agree with this- a little fuzziness around the letter edges would be great, and having the cracks in the wood go through the letters as well.

I did try that on an earlier draft but it just looked too messy and was harder to read so I had to neaten it up in the end.

The other words are good enough me thinks, it's mainly the A that needs a redo

maybe another font would help?

because that's what it is, making multiple versions and then seeing what works best :P

The stars look somewhat out of place on the design methinks. One of the stars also protrudes a little from the sign (2nd largest).

The mix of upper & lower cases just feels odd to me in some way I can't quite put my finger on. >.<

That said, I couldn't design a decent book cover to save my life, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. :P

The stars look somewhat out of place on the design methinks. One of the stars also protrudes a little from the sign (2nd largest).

The mix of upper & lower cases just feels odd to me in some way I can't quite put my finger on. >.<

That said, I couldn't design a decent book cover to save my life, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. :P

says the bloody professional graphic designer :P

Thanks! I know its not perfect but I appreciate the criticism, in case I do anything similar in the future.

The mix of upper &amp; lower cases just feels odd to me in some way I can't quite put my finger on. >.<

says the bloody professional graphic designer :P

I'm hardly professional. I'd love to work freelance and create logos, book covers for individuals etc rather than being a cog in the wheel of an agency/corporation. :P

The mix of upper &amp; lower cases just feels odd to me in some way I can't quite put my finger on. >.<

Thanks! I know its not perfect but I appreciate the criticism, in case I do anything similar in the future.

That's how we all grow. Congrats on a book cover that hopefully a ton of people will see. :D

Edited by Un0