Sal's RuneScape Forum
reepicheep

My Little Mafia

Well, I couldn't be less happy with this situation, as the discrepancies of Fake's play makes it difficult not to vote for him, but increasingly in the last couple of days it's seemed that Jethraw and Gonzyy might be riding towards an easy scum win. Jethraw repeatedly stated that he believed Fake's claim for a considerable period of time, only to now side with the counter-claimant, Gonzyy. Problem is, for all intents and purposes that doesn't prove anything, alignment-wise.

I'm going to try and think this through one last time today, but i'm at work and as such don't have much time really. If Fake hasn't posted by the time I get home from work (around 6-7 hours from now, I will hammer, and probably Fake. If we had avoided a mislynch a couple of days back I feel like our chances would be much greater, but hey, that's mafia, and i'm greatly to blame for that I expect.

Jethraw why are you now sided with Gonzyy when, as he said, the day before you had him pinned as scum?

Well this is what I've been explaining for the last dozen of my posts, and it's worth pointing out that I'm not "siding with Gonzyy". I'm choosing Fake as the more viable option for a lynch taking into account his claim and his conduct for the rest of the day after that. This isn't a Fake vs Gonzyy day, where one is scum and one is town, end of. If anything, the fact that Fake hasn't been hammered by you or Goggie lead me to suspect they could both very easily be scum. Fake's initial roleclaim, whilst seemingly a strong one, was tarred by his complete turnaround and the posts he made after them which quite frankly didn't make the best of sense and didn't come across as strong town actions. I've repeated umpteen times that the posts came across as desperate. Desperate to get me to vote for Gonzyy. Desperate to get you to 'side' with him after I didn't jump straight into a Gonzyy lynch.

but increasingly in the last couple of days it's seemed that Jethraw and Gonzyy might be riding towards an easy scum win.

To be honest, it was going to look that way no matter who I voted for, and I think it was a given that I was going to have to be the first of the three of us to vote, putting me somewhat between a rock and a hard place.

Jethraw repeatedly stated that he believed Fake's claim for a considerable period of time, only to now side with the counter-claimant, Gonzyy. Problem is, for all intents and purposes that doesn't prove anything, alignment-wise.

I said I was inclined to believe it and that I couldn't disprove it, to be fair, I never categorically stated I was siding with Fake, and, given the nature of his playstyle - do you believe his claim? Is it difficult to believe that I'm in doubt of Fake's words, taking into account his actions?

On balance I find it hard to believe the claim, but then I never stated that I had reason to believe it. You were there when his actions were erratic and still made it clear that you were inclined to believe his claim, if not categorically calling it truth. Ah well, this line of argument isn't going to go anywhere. When it boils down to it, 5 left with 2 scum is a very poor position, even with one confirmed town (myself). I can't see myself changing my mind so late in the day, regardless of what Fake says, but i'll humour it anyway.

On balance I find it hard to believe the claim, but then I never stated that I had reason to believe it. You were there when his actions were erratic and still made it clear that you were inclined to believe his claim, if not categorically calling it truth.

And had Fake's actions remained consistent with his claimed alignment, I don't see as I'd have had any cause to argue against him. But there's the fact that the claim has no hard facts or counter-claims to disprove it against his words and actions for the remainder of the day.

Going to bed, no post from Fake (yet) is sure a damn shame. I'm going to go ahead and

I've decided to not vote Gonzyy to put him at L-1, because if it's a Fake and Jethraw scumpair, Jethraw could quickly jump votes and hammer the lynch thus winning.

Or maybe I should, to give Goggie two options?

Guys what do you think? Fake and Jethraw pair? Tactical plan that when if I (or Goggie) put Gonzyy at L-1, Jethraw moves across from a Fake vote and hammers Gonzyy? And if no one votes Gonzyy, Fake gets lynched thus most likely leaving Jethraw out of the equation of being his scumbuddy?

I'll be up for like another half hour so hopefully Fake visits before then!!

Going to bed, no post from Fake (yet) is sure a damn shame. I'm going to go ahead and

I've decided to not vote Gonzyy to put him at L-1, because if it's a Fake and Jethraw scumpair, Jethraw could quickly jump votes and hammer the lynch thus winning.

Or maybe I should, to give Goggie two options?

Guys what do you think? Fake and Jethraw pair? Tactical plan that when if I (or Goggie) put Gonzyy at L-1, Jethraw moves across from a Fake vote and hammers Gonzyy? And if no one votes Gonzyy, Fake gets lynched thus most likely leaving Jethraw out of the equation of being his scumbuddy?

I'll be up for like another half hour so hopefully Fake visits before then!!

Yes, it sure is a "damn shame". And is COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED.

And what an absolutely terrible idea Lonely. Putting a vote on me (or suggesting Goggie do it) just to test to see if Jethraw is mafia and will win the game by such a ridiculous move. Only vote for someone you think is mafia.

I really have nothing more to say, Fake's claimed a role and it's up to you whether you believe him or not. I know he's lying and I realise why you can't be sure of his or my alignments but I've provided reasoning for his actions which he has been unable to refute without escaping from the argument with some other tactic.

Fakes going to make his post at the last possible second (yet again!) so I won't be able to respond to it and have a proper discussion about it.

Aggression at this point is understandable. And Fake has had a tendency in the past to say 'ill come and make a post' and then doesn't, or leaves it until the last minute.

I was speculating about a possible tactical plan of the mafia's that if one of us were to vote Gonzyy they would hammer him and win, thus we should avoid that (or until disproven).

Then Gonzyy comes out and says that my idea is terrible and we should not do that

like wat

Good luck town!!! I'm off to bed

He mistook your speculation as intent to follow through I think.

Less than three hours until deadline and Fake has looked at the topic twice now, are you going to make that post or not?

Gonzyy: (#815)

He obviously knew that Adam? was going to get lynched tomorrow so placed the hammer before he had a chance to speak. Adam?'s post and any Counter-FoS's he made would have potentially given us a direction to go on today. And before he says 'it was too close to the deadline' :- I'd posted twice asking when the deadline was, Reep isn't a bad host and he would have provided that information and in turn given us an extension on our day if he didn't tell us when it was in time. You've also obviously been lurking ALL game, no contribution AT ALL yesterday

I'll start off with Gonzyy's first post of the day. I did obviously know that Adam? was going to get lynched the day after I hammered (if I didn't hammer) because I, or someone not voting, would've hammered. True, I did place the hammer before he had a chance to speak but honestly, NO SCUM PLAYER WOULD EVER DO THAT. I also love how you called me out for lurking when you've been doing the same thing the entire game.

Gonzyy: (#776)

if you find me scummy for my activity alone then Fake should also be showing up on your radar.

You were called out for lurking and made a reasonable defense but then you decide to call me scum for the same reason? Calling me out for lurking when you've been doing the same thing is such a friggen' scum tell.

Jethraw: (#816)

First and foremost :- Your claim. Your claim explicitly states that Gonzyy is scum and leaves Lonely as th e only possible scumpartner. Is this what you're saying and if so you're going to have to explain what makes you so sure Lonely is scum.

I missed this before but I don't like that you decided to question Lonely as Gonzyy's scum partner (to my claim) when the only other people in the game are Goggie (confirmed town) and you. Why would you ask that?

Gonzyy: (#857)

I mean think about it. if you were mafia and you had to pick one player out the game to get a guilty report on to have that final kill you'd choose me.

Goggie, do think about it. If you were going after the easiest player in the game to lynch right now. What would be your first choice?

Gonzyy: (#892)

Which is why I'm saying mafia aren't going to try and buss to make themselves look innocent.

Which is exactly what you and Jethraw are doing.

With Lonely off to bed there's no possible lynch scenario today that doesn't end with me dying or the game going into a no lynch in which case town looses anyway.

I missed this before but I don't like that you decided to question Lonely as Gonzyy's scum partner (to my claim) when the only other people in the game are Goggie (confirmed town) and you. Why would you ask that?

Why would I ask for evidence/proof for a claim which implicates someone as scum? Is that a serious question?

5 player set up.

You were questioning my claim on Lonely, not Gonzyy... so:

Gonzy= scum

Goggie=town

Fake=town

From my claim that much is known so when you and Lonely are the only ones left it seems strange to me that you'd ask proof for him being mafia being that you're supposed town and all.

I also like how throughout this entire game you haven't really been forming many arguments but instead tend to pick apart small portions of posts just to try and discredit people and afterwords you make vague accusations that are so aggressively written that people are overlooking the fact that they have little to no evidence.

To assume its ever been a given that you were townie is completely false, if you can't convince me of the ramifications of your claim I have no possible reason to take your claim seriously or assume your alignment based off it.

The day ended in a no-lynch. Flavour will come soon.

Edited by reepicheep

Fake thought he had the cat in the bag when he figured out that Gonzyy had visited Kamil the night of his death. Jethraw and Gonzyy were quick to refute him, however, leaving Lonely and Goggie undecided. And so the day came to an end without a decision.

'A pity,' Discord said. 'Well, it's time for a last night.'

Fake, the tracker, stood no chance. The hooded figures went straight for him and dragged him to Discord. Fake tried to ward of Discord using her magic, but he was no match for him.

Fake (Twilight (pro-town tracker)) was turned into a spoon Night -6

'Now I can finally use my cauldron to the fullest!' Discord shouted jubilantly.

'I have gathered you here for the last time, my little ponies. You see, there is no way for those of you not aligned with me to win. Just accept your fate.'

Goggie and Lonely charged at him, but to no avail. He snapped his fingers, and

Lonely (Mrs. Cake (pro-town townie)) was turned into a silver statue of a monkey lemur with gold armour on, about 34cm in height

'Well that was oddly specific.' He thought for a minute, and then snapped his fingers again.

Goggie (Fluttershy (pro-town neighbour)) was turned into Phoenix Rider's MLP collection

The mafia has won the game.

'Whoa! Waaaaay too self-referential!'

Gonzyy and Jethraw looked at the pile of My Little Pony paraphernalia. 'Has somebody been watching our every move?' Gonzyy asked.

'Why does it matter? You've won! Of course, being that I do enjoy chaos, I'm not sticking to my end of the deal. Sorry.'

They both knew what was coming. Gonzyy ran, but Jethraw just cowered, waiting for the inevitable.

Gonzyy (Dishonest Applejack (mafia godfather)) was turned into a magnifying glass

Jethraw (Snails (mafia goon)) was turned into breast implants

'Huh. That last one seems a bit to explicit for a kids' show. Oh well.'

With that, Discord flew off, ready to terrorise Equestria knowing that all the ponies were gone.

In his room, reepicheep was still sobbing. 'Oh no, what have I done! Discord won and Equestria is lost! Life has lost all meaning.'

He hadn't responded to the knocking yet. The door was kicked open. Guitarguy and Phoenix Rider came in.

'reepicheep,' Guitarguy said. 'Do you know what we are here for?'

'TO BLOODY MURDER YOU, YOU SONUVA...' Phoenix Rider was cut off by Guitarguy.

'Shhhh. Show for kids, remember.'

'Right. reepicheep. We hereby charge you with crimes against ponykind. You are stripped of your bronydom.'

'But you are a brony for life,' reepicheep responded.

'Exactly,' Phoenix Rider said. He raised his gun to reepicheep's head and

reepicheep (neutral narrator) was turned into a dead reepicheep

That's all folks!

Pinkie Pie: O hai im KAMIL - Keyboard

Rainbow Dash: lilshu - A dirty sock

Rarity: Jordo - Spade

Zecora: Entrility - A cauldron

Twilight: Fake - A spoon

Spike: O hai im KAMIL - Cat

Fluttershy: Goggie - Phoenix Rider's MLP collection

Mr. Cake: Gary Oak - A toothbrush

Mrs. Cake: Bill is LONELY in his tree - Silver statue of a monkey lemur with gold armour on, about 34cm in height

Applejack: Gonzyy - A magnifying glass

Snips: Adam? - A doorknob

Snails: Jethraw - Breast implants

Derpy: Goggie - Potato peeler

ROLE PMS

PINKIE PIE

----------

You are Pinkie Pie, a pro-town cop.

You're an excitable party pony. Fun is your middle name, laughter is your element of harmony. You love being with your friends!

Every night you can break the fourth wall and look into my script to look at anypony's alignment.

When the night starts, you can PM me with the name of a single pony you want to investigate.

Please confirm via PM and tell me a random object, the purpose of which you shall soon discover.

RAINBOW DASH

------------

You are Rainbow Dash, a pro-town cop.

You are the pegasus that takes care of Ponyville's weather. You're the fastest pony around and the only one that can manage a sonic rainboom. Your element of harmony is loyalty, which makes you a great friend to have.

Every night you can hide in a cloud and follow somepony to check their alignment.

When the night starts, you can PM me with the name of a single pony you want to investigate.

Please confirm via PM and tell me a random object, the purpose of which you shall soon discover.

RARITY

------

You are Rarity, a pro-town doctor.

You're the most fashionable pony around and you know it too. You hate all things dirty with a passion, for fear of ruining your clothes. Your element of harmony is generosity and you love giving your friends beautiful gifts.

Every night you can choose to very charitably protect somepony from harm.

When the night starts, you can PM me with the name of a single pony you want to protect.

ZECORA

------

You are Zecora, a pro-town doctor.

Foreign you are, to ponyville, a zebra with impressive skill. With the potions you make, through your knowledge great, you can save ponies from a terrible fate!

Every night you can choose to protect somepony from harm using your potions.

When the night starts, you can PM me with the name of a single pony you want to protect.

TWILIGHT

--------

You are Twilight, a pro-town tracker.

You are princess Celestia's most faithful student. Your element of harmony is magic, and you are among the most powerful unicorns in Equestria. Socially awkward at first, you now learn more about friendship every day!

Every night you can use your magic to find out which pony a pony visited.

When the night starts, you can PM me with the name of a single pony for whom you want to find out where they went.

SPIKE

-----

You are Spike, a pro-town neighbour and lovestruck with Rarity.

You are Twilight's most faithful servant, though at times insecure. You might still be a baby dragon but there's no help like you. You also happen to be very much in love with Rarity.

During the day you may talk with your neighbour, <NEIGHBOUR>. Note that unlike masons, being a neighbour does not say anything about alignment. When Rarity is lynched, you will be so sad you will commit suicide.

FLUTTERSHY

----------

You are Fluttershy, a pro-town neighbour.

You take care of all of Ponyville's furry (and not so furry) creatures. You are usually shy, but have stared down a dragon so don't sell yourself short!

During the day you may talk with your neighbour, <NEIGHBOUR>. Note that unlike masons, being a neighbour does not say anything about alignment.

MR/MRS CAKE

-----------

You are Mr/Mrs Cake, a pro-town vanilla townie.

Together with your wife/husband, you provide Ponyville with tasty treats. Everybody in town (especially Pinkie Pie!) loves you for it too!

As a vanilla townie, you only have the day to save the town so use your vote well!

(LYING) APPLEJACK

-----------------

You are Applejack, a pro-mafia Godfather.

Though you are well-known for your honesty, this time you have chosen for the other side, whether willfully or not. Still, nobody suspects you, so use this to your advantage!

Every night you will have the chance to talk with your mafia cohorts and choose one target to kill. As a Godfather any investigation by cops will show you as town and any person following you will not see whom you visit.

SNIPS/SNAILS

------------

You are Snips/Snails, a pro-mafia goon.

You are loyal to a fault and not very bright. Unfortunately, you have a penchant for choosing the wrong person to follow.

Every night you will have the chance to talk with your mafia cohorts and choose one target to kill.

DERPY

-----

You are Derpy, a neutral Jester.

You are Derpy, a rather odd pony indeed. You don't seem to entirely understand the point of the game and just want to get lynched really badly.

Your goal is to get lynched, and this is your win condition. Note that it won't end the game, you'll just have won.

PREVIOUS LYNCHES:

Kamil (Spike (pro-town neighbour and lovestruck with Rarity)) was turned into a cat D-1

Goggie (Derpy Hooves (neutral jester)) was turned into a spoon N-1 and lost the game

lilshu (Rainbow Dash (pro-town naive Cop)) was turned into a dirty sock N-2

Jordo (Rarity (pro-town useless doctor)) was turned into a spade N-2(modkilled)

Gary Oak (Mr. Cake (pro-town townie)) was turned into a toothbrush D-3

Entrility (Zecora (pro-town doctor)) was turned into a cauldron N-3

Adam? (Snips (mafia goon)) was turned into a doorknob D-4

O hai im KAMIL (Pinkie Pie (pro-town normal cop)) was turned into a keyboard N-4

Note that if Mr. and Mrs. Cake voted for the same person it would count as three votes, but this did not actually happen at any time. Note that Ent did not actually have a post restriction :P

Edited by reepicheep

That was real fudgeing important to delete my post.

Anyway, internet at the beach wouldn't let me access this shizzle for whatever reason. Idk. It was annoying as fudge. But we won so its ok.

Good game, those of you who actually bothered to turn up. Thanks for doing your best to make it an absolutely god awful game to the rest of you, and you're well aware who you are. Pretty sad.

How on earth did we win. My lawd.

Good game, those of you who actually bothered to turn up. Thanks for doing your best to make it an absolutely god awful game to the rest of you, and you're well aware who you are. Pretty sad.

Im sorry :cry:

I HATE ALL OF YOU IFJASUFJASUDNSALIDSAULDSANDLIUSA

Kudos to Gonzyy and Jethraw for making me want to rip my hair out. xD If I was active from the start I think town could've won, sorry guys. :(

Great game Reep, sorry I slacked in the beginning. :P

Thanks guys! And thank you for playing in a game where the moderator has absolutely zero experience moderating. It was an interesting (and fun) experience :D