Sal's RuneScape Forum

Has it died? Or are kids just finishing school for summer than then there will be an influx of players? I'm considering quitting again. Even though I'm playing for no real goal or anything just enjoyment.

The only two people I know still playing are yelo and fishee, but I haven't been on to check in forever. I think this was expected; it was great for a month or two though.

I'm another. Fishee and me are ballin' on next level. Meh I might play for another month to get 99 woodcutting. Just cause I never did quite get there back 2007 either...

Are you talking about 07 within Sal's or just in general?

07 in general is dying very quickly, i hve noticed some return in players bcuz summer but not really in 07 i played a little as it was quikly dying out, now i'm back to eoc

07 in general is dying very quickly, i hve noticed some return in players bcuz summer but not really in 07 i played a little as it was quikly dying out, now i'm back to eoc

07 doesn't seem to make sense as a main attraction. I'd imagine its a good trip down nostalgia lane , though.

07 doesn't seem to make sense as a main attraction. I'd imagine its a good trip down nostalgia lane , though.

Yeah It was great for a month when everyone was there and there was a real sense of community spirit and people chatted and helped each other out. Around every corner was a new nostalgia hit, but that wore off, and people started leaving and it got stale. Shame though.

Daily graph (from Reddit):

KL70yUQh.png

Weekly:

R2kJy85h.png

Edited by Common Sense

First week was crazy with activity and it was heaps of fun. The nostalgia affect died off quickly though and I found it was just the same boring game but with even worse graphics. I'm sure others felt the same way too.

Daily graph (from Reddit):

KL70yUQh.png

Weekly:

R2kJy85h.png

I'm surprised it never really went over the normal RS peak

No new regular content = No expanding game = Dying server...

It was nice to see Sals getting an influx of activity for like 7 days

I still play Oldschool, but I'm taking summer classes so I don't have as much time or as many opportunities to play. :P

Are you talking about 07 within Sal's or just in general?

I don't think it was ever big on Sals. I meant in general.

I ran of membership last week. I have urge to get 99 woodcut but I doubt I'll come back to it now.

That is awful sad if so, because I was really looking forward to getting back to 07. Oh man, I think i'd play it way more than EoC, mainly due to the fact that in 07 there are special attacks. Oh well. :dead:

That is awful sad if so, because I was really looking forward to getting back to 07. Oh man, I think i'd play it way more than EoC, mainly due to the fact that in 07 there are special attacks. Oh well. :dead:

Meh if you find an active world you should be fine.

I've started logging into a little more lately, but some of the things they're adding make it seem like it's an overglorified private server. A vendor that sells mage capes, ectophial, and god books? That just turns it into going to Lumbridge for everything, and if they add Edgeville as a spawn point like they're wanting to, then it's really going to be just like a private server, but with 1x xp rate.

Well I don't even play it anymore. I doubt I'll ever return to RS I said I wouldn't before but it was arrival of '07 which attracted me to it again. Now like before when I quit all my items will be lost in vastness of nothingness forever.

I'm too old to be playing RPG's anyway :(.

I'm too old to be playing RPG's anyway .

Why do you say this? Not entirely relevant to the issue at hand but save for actual difficulty doing things (e.g. breakdancing when 90 years old) nobody is too old to do anything :P

Guys do you think RS3 will eventually die? I mean I've seen a decline in people playing runescape now. Back then so many people played but, unfortuantly, I think Jagex has sold out =(. I mean just look at all the fansy quest,and easy routes to win. They aren't making the game challenging anymore. I mean you can teleport anywhere on the map by pressing a button on the mini map. Back then you actually had to walk to places or buy "law runes" (WHO BUYS LAW RUNES THESE DAYS!) IMO RS3 has made the game to easy to play, there are no more fun challenges to do now =(.

Guys do you think RS3 will eventually die? I mean I've seen a decline in people playing runescape now. Back then so many people played but, unfortuantly, I think Jagex has sold out =(. I mean just look at all the fansy quest,and easy routes to win. They aren't making the game challenging anymore. I mean you can teleport anywhere on the map by pressing a button on the mini map. Back then you actually had to walk to places or buy "law runes" (WHO BUYS LAW RUNES THESE DAYS!) IMO RS3 has made the game to easy to play, there are no more fun challenges to do now =(.

Everything will come to an end eventually. Based on what I've noticed from my week or two that I've returned, it seems like RuneScape's days are waning. It's too bad and I'll always have memories of the great times I had playing as a kid. I think RuneScape still has a few years left in it, but I suppose it depends on where Jagex decides to take it.

I wouldn't mind returning for a bit over winter break in order to get a party hat on the 2007 servers. I've always wanted a white one.

Lets get real here guys. We all have seen we all know it. Runescape in general is dying not just 07. Ever since the release of EOC the game has lost its rep aslong as with many other players. People are quiting and the game is going downhill fast. 07 scape was used to try get back some of the players they lost but to no avail. Even when you look at the worlds when you a rying to join there is rarely a world with over 1000 people. Before EOC it was a struggle to find a world without 1000 people. When the EOC update came out runescape lots its identity and became just another MMO. IT lost all its origanality and now the jagex is paying the price. If they don't fix what they did soon i can see runescape coming to an end.

It really hurts me to see the road runescape has chosen to take. Many great memeories of my childhood and teen years were spent on this game playing with friends and family. Countless hours poured into this game all gone to waste.

All of these issues runescape is facing today could have easily been avoided if they listen to their fans and players. Few people enjoy EOC but yet they still decided to keep going with it. I for one think runescape has dug themselves a deep hole and it will be a long road to recovery if they want to get out. Runescapes days are numbered, its like a ticking time bomb.

-a distressed player

I don't think we'll ever see a day that RuneScape is gone for good, but I do think that RS3 will continue to lose more players at a faster rate than Old School.

Once the Old School team gets their hands on those tools they keep talking about and eventually F2P servers are opened, I see a surge in activity coming.

I don't think we'll ever see a day that RuneScape is gone for good, but I do think that RS3 will continue to lose more players at a faster rate than Old School.

Once the Old School team gets their hands on those tools they keep talking about and eventually F2P servers are opened, I see a surge in activity coming.

Here's the thing though: since the vote count didn't get to 750,000, there will be no f2p servers.