Sal's RuneScape Forum
Zooey

Salscraft: A Thank You

It's been two years since Synapsi handed over the unofficial Sal's Minecraft server to me and I'm sorry to say that Salscraft will be shutting down this July or early fall. I've been running the server off of my personal computer and I unfortunately won't be able to continue in college. These past years have been a great time for me and I'm thankful to all of you guys from the Minecraft topic for letting us at Salscraft host for so long. I had literally no experience at the beginning and I'd like to thank you for tolerating me and my faults for so long. :P

@Synapsi, @Dr Skull, and @Zazzy were such a large part of Salscraft and without them the server definitely wouldn't have lasted two years, Synapsi especially.

From Sal's (everyone I have a .dat from should be here!), @Admiral, @Adam?, , @Herty, @Toon, @reepicheep (And all your friends! New Amsterdam was marvelous.), @A Charizard, @Synesthesia (lol), (dirty texan), @Clavius, , @Fatalysm, @Gonzyy, @Lunar, @Gocart, @Goggie, , @Tri Poc, @Fangy, @Tabt, @Aabid, , @Aabid, @Inca, @Randomness, , @lord earth13, @_max, , , @Kemosabe, @Hunter, @WolfieMario, @Supa, @Amber Pyre, @Kyo, , @Smilefishy, @Moog, @Wert, @Fabio, @Andyana, @Orb, @Ootachi, @Eye, @man, Binneh, and Dwarrior

And the rest that I know are from Sal's that I can't match usernames to: Gianni_, Hiicantpk, Iambujinkan, sxc_sonic, WW2Ranger, iUbuntu, Liiithium, Large_Tuna, Paaaul, and Justintheory. If I accidentally forgot any of you PM me! :)

I have over 400 player files and ~45gb of maps. I wouldn't give up the past two years and all the fun I had with you guys for anything in the world. Many friendships and fond memories were made. Thank you guys.

Here's an album of images I found pretty fun.

no girls allow and I can drive a bike

To mods: I'd appreciate it if this could be a topic as it isn't strictly Minecraft discussion

Edited by Zooey

Aw, how sad. I hear the server is pretty dead anyway, but it's sad to hear it's going for good. Thanks for being such a good server owner Zooey. <3

It's a shame the server will have to go, it was such a great place for such a long time. Thanks so much for being such a great admin Zooey.

Would you be willing to hand out schematics to people who want a copy of their old base(s)? I could really use the nostalgia even after all those pictures.

Zooey for best server admin [email protected]@@@

I've not been active in months but I had a lot of good times on the server. New Amsterdam was really fun to make :P

rip in peace salscraft it was a good run!!!

lookin thru the images v sad memories

thankyou zooey for putting in the time to make the server run like a real professional server for those few who played!!!

Are you going to 'pass it on' to anyone like Vog did to you?

I only ever went on it a couple of times because my internet at home couldn't handle it at the time, but it was great fun. Thanks for making it possible!

Real shame. Are the files all just going to be forgotten? Because that'd just be sad.

Real shame. Are the files all just going to be forgotten? Because that'd just be sad.

It'd be sad but even individual maps are going to be several gigs which would be a lot to just, well, transfer somewhere. At least I'd imagine that would be a problem.

It'd be sad but even individual maps are going to be several gigs which would be a lot to just, well, transfer somewhere. At least I'd imagine that would be a problem.

I know this.

I was trying to sound like a human.

Thanks for the great times Zooey!!!!

EDIT: my sheep farm to the right in picture 3!! It had a sheep of every colour in it!!!! and my hotel to the left, my first and ugliest build upto now!!!

Edited by Fabio

Although I have not been active on Salscraft recently, I will always cherish the memories and friends I made on the server. Thank you Synapsi, Zooey, DoctorSkull and Zazzy for being such great admins and for keeping the server alive. I am sad to see Salscraft come to an end, but we all knew it had to end eventually.

so ends an era of blocks and screwing with people

rip salscraft

Here's one more! (zoom)

JD9Dide.png

Edited by Flutterguy

It's a shame the server will have to go, it was such a great place for such a long time. Thanks so much for being such a great admin Zooey. Would you be willing to hand out schematics to people who want a copy of their old base(s)? I could really use the nostalgia even after all those pictures.

I'm working on setting up a webpage with world files!

rip in peace salscraft it was a good run!!! lookin thru the images v sad memories thankyou zooey for putting in the time to make the server run like a real professional server for those few who played!!! Are you going to 'pass it on' to anyone like Vog did to you?

I believe interest here peaked a while ago and unfortunately I don't see much opportunity for continuation of Salscraft. :(

I'll be uploading what I can onto the Salscraft site, keep an eye out on this topic! :)

rip in peace mod aboose from zazzy

+1

wat i wasnt in the post ;-;

I never played all that much, and I don't have a great history there, but it will surely be missed.

Requiescant in pace

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I won't be able to turn my villagers into sweatshop workers.

Its been a fun run, I guess I'll have to find another server to get rich play on. Thanks Zoo, Zazzy, Skull, and Vog :wub:.

Edited by Wert

It's a shame Salscraft is ending :(

I had a lot of fun playing and chatting with everyone there. To this date, still the best server I've been on by far. Thank you, Zooey, and the other admins too!

Btw, Iambujinkan is also Toon, and iUbuntu is Linux.

Ah. Well shizzle.

Much love Zooey, without Salscraft I would never have gotten into Minecraft (singleplayer is boring and icky).

I guess this is the end. Have a good time at college.

i guess if someone wanted to they could just make an unofficial unofficial Sal's Minecraft server :P

but it wont be the same!! :(

will nver see snowey or omega ever again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.