Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fatalysm

Old sal's realm designs

I've just been fiddling in photoshop, trying out some new things and I wanted to share the older designs that got us where we are today.

Can you tell me what's good about the older designs, the current one and what you'd like to see in a new design?

2s1nju1.png

2eofgb9.png

2utlnq9.png

I can't find many good things about the older ones in contrast to what we have now :P.

For the first one, the idea of having everything on a scroll is witty and such, but it simply doesn't work. As Lonely said, the search bar looks almost forced and the text doesn't go well.

The second one is also lacking in graphic appeal. The big blue space between the italicized text at the top and the rest of the page is unattractive and might be inconvenient to somebody with a smaller resolution. Perhaps the text would be better placed on the blue strip, and the knights shifted down slightly to fit them on the page.

The third one, well, I can't complain. Everything is organized well and would be convenient to somebody coming into the website.

Although I don't use the current site very often, the design looks great to me. Very professional and it immediately has everything a visitor might look for. I'm not very experienced with this subject so I can't think of any further improvements. If I may say one thing, however, I don't like the current font; it doesn't blend well. -.-

Edited by Guitarguy

I just want to mention a single thing: why would a scroll be held up with chains? :cute:

I just want to mention a single thing: why would a scroll be held up with chains? :cute:

Chains were cooler than string :aware:

The main thing is that it didn't stay that way -.-

Edited by Fatalysm

Chains were cooler than string > :(

Well to be honest, anything of the sort wouldn't make sense to me :P Scrolls don't usually hang from something.

Well to be honest, anything of the sort wouldn't make sense to me :P Scrolls don't usually hang from something.

Next time, you can design the website.

MR I KNOW MORE THAN FATALYSM.

DAMN IT

:P

Next time, you can design the website.

MR I KNOW MORE THAN FATALYSM.

DAMN IT

:P

I'M SORRY

IT BOTHERED ME

But let's be honest if I tried to design a website it'd look awful :P

I definitely like the current one out of all of them (from my perspective with absolutely no website design experience) I'm not a huge fan of the static .gif that shows on larger screens. :P

0hAvVXu.png

It might be kind of nitpicky of me but I can see the pattern repeating on the borders. :P

I'm glad the majority prefers the latest design. I've been looking at it for a while now and I've only got a few more questions regarding that design to be honest.

Would you prefer the website at a fixed resolution?

What do you think of the custom font?

Is the current website a little cluttered and hard to navigate?

EDIT: I would say this but, I still think in comparison to the majority of rs fansites, ours is looking sexy.

Edited by Fatalysm

I think that in terms of how the categories work, it could be better. I feel like I need to many clicks to get to where I want to be, if you know what I mean.