Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bwauder

Student awarded $4 million after left in cell for four days

Somebody who was in a house with that much of a product...he was probably friends with the dealer. So yes I would say he is a confirmed addict.

There could had been an executive over the money so that way they could overlook it and could be used for the proper items.

Again: he might be an addict, and he might have been friends with the dealer, but that could also be completely untrue. I see no point in calling him an addict before there is actual information confirming it.

What I am getting at is that they are feeding an addict. By giving him more cash he can go out there and simply just buy more of what caused this whole ruckus in the first place.

California has Medicinal Marijuana. I've seen nothing about him not having a prescription for it. You have no valid proof that he is in fact an addict, so please stop assuming he is one. The Police determined he was not a part of the drug ring, and he was not on his own property. To me it seems he was just chilling with at a friends who happened to be involved in it. I highly doubt he's going to go and buy $4,000,000 worth of drugs. Giving someone compensation for a ridiculous ordeal they should not have gone through is not a bad thing.

What I am getting at is that they are feeding an addict. By giving him more cash he can go out there and simply just buy more of what caused this whole ruckus in the first place.

California has Medicinal Marijuana. I've seen nothing about him not having a prescription for it. You have no valid proof that he is in fact an addict, so please stop assuming he is one. The Police determined he was not a part of the drug ring, and he was not on his own property. To me it seems he was just chilling with at a friends who happened to be involved in it. I highly doubt he's going to go and buy $4,000,000 worth of drugs. Giving someone compensation for a ridiculous ordeal they should not have gone through is not a bad thing.

wasn't there a big fiasco about it being state legal but no federal legal? What ever came of that?

If there was a federal agent who saw it would fall under his jurisdiction. To be totally honest as well considering how nationally this has been posted I can imagine the feds have gotten involved as well.

wasn't there a big fiasco about it being state legal but no federal legal? What ever came of that?

If there was a federal agent who saw it would fall under his jurisdiction. To be totally honest as well considering how nationally this has been posted I can imagine the feds have gotten involved as well.

It's medicinally legal in 19 states. It falls under state jurisdiction to pass the law but it is still federally illegal, I believe.

That being said, I think we could both agree it would be far more beneficial if the feds worked on the cartels and not the individual user seeing how more and more states are joining the legalization movement.

um

excuse me

sir

what are you doing

um

excuse me

sir

what are you doing

pointing out a flaw in the justice system :D

um

excuse me

sir

what are you doing

pointing out a flaw in the justice system :D

they almost killed the guy and inadvertently tortured him for 4 days

what

It's going to be a turn around on the police and agents that left him though. Not saying I disagree by any means because they did practically torture him. If this student would have died, then the cops/agents could have been tried for murder, first degree of course. I just don't understand how nobody tried to check on him and why he was the only one. You would think his family, relatives, and friends would have worried and tried to find something out.

Ever tried contacting someone in police custody? :unsure:

Somebody who was in a house with that much of a product...he was probably friends with the dealer. So yes I would say he is a confirmed addict.
So basically if you know someone that deals drugs [and, for simplicity, we'll assume alcohol and tobacco are magical fairy items], you're an addict; good heavens, I should've died of overdose ten years ago.

It's going to be a turn around on the police and agents that left him though. Not saying I disagree by any means because they did practically torture him. If this student would have died, then the cops/agents could have been tried for murder, first degree of course. I just don't understand how nobody tried to check on him and why he was the only one. You would think his family, relatives, and friends would have worried and tried to find something out.

Ever tried contacting someone in police custody? :unsure:

So basically if you know someone that deals drugs [and, for simplicity, we'll assume alcohol and tobacco are magical fairy items], you're an addict; good heavens, I should've died of overdose ten years ago.

From the police point of view, yes! Cause that's "suspicious behavior" if you are caught in that predicament.

I am basing this off the fact though of course that it actually stated he was in a house with this amount of drugs actually partaking in the product itself. So you can't really claim that hanging out with a deal makes you an addict. I am going by the fact that he was actually caught red-handed.

If I get caught smoking pot and get more than a slap on the wrist, I consider it a problem with the system. The only harm ever done by pot is an indirect result of overly strict drug laws. Like here.

He deserves $4m and more. You shouldn't allow that to happen to pests who eat your crops, let alone a human who was consuming a harmless recreational drug.

@kaysie: you must be like 12 or at least have clearly never smoked pot. alcohol is far, far worse and billions drink it regularly, in public, without penalty.

From the police point of view, yes!
That...that's not a great point of view to adopt.

Besides that, being locked in a cell, handcuffed behind the back, without food and water for four days, shouldn't happen to anybody, drugs or not.

Would I willingly go through that for $4 million? Yeah, I prolly would TBH.

The stupidity of the cops though is just...grrr! I hope the state makes up for the loss by sacking a few dozen men.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

If I get caught smoking pot and get more than a slap on the wrist, I consider it a problem with the system. The only harm ever done by pot is an indirect result of overly strict drug laws. Like here.

He deserves $4m and more. You shouldn't allow that to happen to pests who eat your crops, let alone a human who was consuming a harmless recreational drug.

@kaysie: you must be like 12 or at least have clearly never smoked pot. alcohol is far, far worse and billions drink it regularly, in public, without penalty.

It's funny cause I'm the only person here who actually understands what an officer has to go through raid wise etc as I have volunteered on the force before.

getting a "slap on the hand" is called getting lucky.Out in Georgia if you are caught with so much it could be a sentence with time dependent on the amount caught with. Then you guys try to play "it's legal in CA" yeah...if you have a prescription which no where did it even state that. If it was a bust there is no way it was medicinal point blank. Officers just don't "randomly bust somebody" there is a long term investigation that is done with an entire unit before any actual raid occurs.

I look at both alcohol and pot as relative items considering the fact dependent on certain events/rules they are both legal/illegal.

It's funny cause I'm the only person here who actually understands what an officer has to go through raid wise etc as I have volunteered on the force before.

getting a "slap on the hand" is called getting lucky.Out in Georgia if you are caught with so much it could be a sentence with time dependent on the amount caught with. Then you guys try to play "it's legal in CA" yeah...if you have a prescription which no where did it even state that. If it was a bust there is no way it was medicinal point blank. Officers just don't "randomly bust somebody" there is a long term investigation that is done with an entire unit before any actual raid occurs.

I look at both alcohol and pot as relative items considering the fact dependent on certain events/rules they are both legal/illegal.

This wasn't his house. It sounded like they were busting his hosts and he got caught up, who's to say he didn't have a medicinal card?

1 2 3 4 (that guy shoots another cop though) 5 I'm not here to be anti-cop because I'm not, but claiming police have to go through so much and then wind up doing stuff like this? The police aren't perfect.

Out in Georgia if you are caught with so much it could be a sentence with time dependent on the amount caught with.
Was it something against drugs or against the Georgian legal system? :unsure:

(Lest we forget, 1kg of marijuana in the Philippines earn you a spot on the electric chair.)

Out in Georgia if you are caught with so much it could be a sentence with time dependent on the amount caught with.
Was it something against drugs or against the Georgian legal system? :unsure:

(Lest we forget, 1kg of marijuana in the Philippines earn you a spot on the electric chair.)

The southern states have always had stricter laws on MJ for some reason.

@the other post with the links

You are showing the headlines but not the results afterwards.

It's about time the DEA started paying back people they've screwed over from their irresponsible behavior in the failed War on Drugs.

getting a "slap on the hand" is called getting lucky. Out in Georgia if you are caught with so much it could be a sentence with time dependent on the amount caught with.

Yeah, if you've got a couple kilos of the stuff. But people in Georgia aren't going to be tossed in jail for having a dimebag on them anymore thanks to a 2013 state senate resolution ending mandatory sentencing laws, signed by Governor Deal.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

the naivete in this thread is fudgeing astounding

addicted to weed? marijuana induced death? haha holy fudgeing shizzle

also how is this not deserving of 4 million dollars? the man was restrained, in a pitch black holding cell with no food or water for 4 days...he broke down to the point of trying to eat his glasses, drink his own urine, and he even attempted suicide with the broken glass shards

the dea didn't bust him for smoking weed...that's beyond stupid. the dea raided the apartment because they had tips that there was trafficking of much more lethal drugs - the victim was only taken in as a formality. in fact he was supposed to be free to go after questioning, so for all of the people who think a criminal was awarded than I'd rethink the situation. you don't fudgeing hold people in solitary confinement for something as minor as smoking weed. use your brains.

if you think that's not sufficient reasoning then I don't know what to say to you, obviously everyone in the world other than this guy and myself must be demi-gods that don't require food/drink and have impervious mental fortitude

Edited by Ramon

A raid over marijuana is a waste of police time and resources, so I don't care what they have to go through, they shouldn't be doing it. Pot doesn't create addicts, people prone to addiction hook themselves on it. It doesn't make people violent or dangerous, it makes them laugh and go to bed early. Pot doesn't create criminals, the police do when they arrest kids for getting happy with their friends.

In Australia it's illegal pretty much everywhere, with laxer laws in South Aus. This isn't about the illegality of the consumption, it's about the severity of the punishment. I understand that it's illegal and it's the police's job, but the DEA fully detaining some kid for smoking weed is fudgeed up on every level. A slap on the wrist is a fine and a warning, which is all any stoner deserves until they get caught with a DUI or something.

A raid over marijuana is a waste of police time and resources, so I don't care what they have to go through, they shouldn't be doing it. Pot doesn't create addicts, people prone to addiction hook themselves on it. It doesn't make people violent or dangerous, it makes them laugh and go to bed early. Pot doesn't create criminals, the police do when they arrest kids for getting happy with their friends.

In Australia it's illegal pretty much everywhere, with laxer laws in South Aus. This isn't about the illegality of the consumption, it's about the severity of the punishment. I understand that it's illegal and it's the police's job, but the DEA fully detaining some kid for smoking weed is fudgeed up on every level. A slap on the wrist is a fine and a warning, which is all any stoner deserves until they get caught with a DUI or something.

From the article:

Mr Chong's lawyers have said that he was arrested at the home of friend during a raid by a drug enforcement task force investigating an ecstasy trafficking ring that included DEA agents, sheriff's deputies and San Diego police officers.

The DEA said in a statement issued at the time that agents detained nine people including Mr Chong during the raid and seized some 18,000 ecstasy pills, marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms and prescription medicines, firearms and ammunition.

Ah fair enough. Their negligence is still astounding.

And I don't think that would have affected Kaysie's stance too much. It seems very anti-pot.

Edited by Dad

addicted to weed?

Addiction to weed is still possible though. I've seen it happen before.

addicted to weed?

To be fair, "addiction" is possible with everything and just as bad with other things. I'd look at the people who are addicted to video games just the same.

addicted to weed?

To be fair, "addiction" is possible with everything and just as bad with other things. I'd look at the people who are addicted to video games just the same.

im addict to water ;-;

addicted to weed?

im addict to water ;-;

I tried quitting water and the withdrawal symptoms were so bad I almost died