Sal's RuneScape Forum
Zooey

Drug Questionnaire

hey guys  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What drugs do you think should be legal? (Select each)

• Already legal drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • Soft drugs (Marijuana, Alcohol & Caffiene)
    • Psychedelics (Mushrooms, LSD, MDMA)
    • Hard drugs (Heroin, Meth, Cocaine)
    • None
  2. 2. What drugs do you do, or have done? (Select each)

• Legal drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • Soft drugs (Marijuana, Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • None
  3. 3. What drugs are you willing to do? (Select each)

• Legal drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • Soft drugs (Marijuana, Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • None

In light of this thread I was kinda curious what the general stance from Sal's on drugs was.

Apologies if the choices or poll aren't very good, I'm not super knowledgeable about this subject. I'm sure I excluded a lot of things, so speak up if I missed something drastic.

For reference

Edited by Zooey

I tentatively voted for psychedelics to be okay, but those things can fudge you up bad - still, they're not awfully harmful aside from that as far as I'm aware. The rest I'm sure should be legal. Hard drugs not so much.

This reminds me, once near the end of 12th grade, the school had a drug expert come over. He worked for the police, mainly for stuff like drug busts, I believe. He explained several types of drugs for us, in broken English (he used the f word instead of sex :xd:), and the end result was that most of us had a more positive view of drugs than anything :xd: Oh, the Netherlands :rolleyes:

I detest that MDMA be considered in the same category as something wonderful like psilocybin or LSD.

I guess I'm not clued into what's wrong with MDMA?

Caffeine in obscene quantities.

Alcohol in unhealthy quantities.

Tobacco in near-zero quantities

And percocet in "that was one time" quantities.

why is alcohol/caffeine listed in two categories?

While my personal belief is that the soft drugs such as alcohol/smoking cigarettes aren't exactly good healthy choices I have nothing wrong with friends etc partaking in them . Everything else should be banned and should have enforced restrictions.

I believe it should all be legal. If someone wants to fudge themselves over that's a life decision they made. I stand by the precedent that happened with Prohibition and increased gang violence when alcohol was banned, except right now it's with drugs that can be extremely harmful.

While my personal belief is that the soft drugs such as alcohol/smoking cigarettes aren't exactly good healthy choices I have nothing wrong with friends etc partaking in them . Everything else should be banned and should have enforced restrictions.

But I don't see why soft drugs, ie. drugs that are not particularly harmful (see Zooey's chart in the OP) should be banned when alcohol and tobacco are not.

I believe it should all be legal. If someone wants to fudge themselves over that's a life decision they made. I stand by the precedent that happened with Prohibition and increased gang violence when alcohol was banned, except right now it's with drugs that can be extremely harmful.

This seems a bit excessive. People that want to get high aren't people that want to fudge themselves over.

But I don't see why soft drugs, ie. drugs that are not particularly harmful (see Zooey's chart in the OP) should be banned when alcohol and tobacco are not.

This seems a bit excessive. People that want to get high aren't people that want to fudge themselves over.

How is legalizing all of them excessive? They do know the risks involved with the more dangerous drugs. The dangers of drugs are spoon fed to everyone in public schools and on the media. There's no excuse for not knowing what could happen to you. They're making a conscious decision to do something that could potentially fudge their life up.

You would have to take an extremely large amount of caffeine to even for it to affect you in a way such that would be dangerous(literally I have drunk over 24 cups of coffee before in a day and that wasn't even enough to change anything...). Alcohol? It already has restrictions accordingly to the law including cigarettes actually (21/18 respectively)

How is legalizing all of them excessive? They do know the risks involved with the more dangerous drugs. The dangers of drugs are spoon fed to everyone in public schools and on the media. There's no excuse for not knowing what could happen to you. They're making a conscious decision to do something that could potentially fudge their life up.

I disagree with how you're thinking here; drugs are completely unnecessary for anything, so preventing people from harming themselves is a good thing.

You would have to take an extremely large amount of caffeine to even for it to affect you in a way such that would be dangerous(literally I have drunk over 24 cups of coffee before in a day and that wasn't even enough to change anything...). Alcohol? It already has restrictions accordingly to the law including cigarettes actually (21/18 respectively)

Restrictions are great, but who cares? I get to drink now, what's stopping me from becoming an alcoholic? How is this is anyway different from smoking pot? If you do it too much you get addicted, otherwise you don't. Same as with alcohol.

I disagree with how you're thinking here; drugs are completely unnecessary for anything, so preventing people from harming themselves is a good thing.

Sure, they're unnecessary, but that doesn't keep people form harming themselves now. If drugs were made legal and regulated by the government like Alcohol and Tobacco, then drug related violence would take a huge drop as shown by what happened during Prohibition.

Restrictions are great, but who cares? I get to drink now, what's stopping me from becoming an alcoholic? How is this is anyway different from smoking pot? If you do it too much you get addicted, otherwise you don't. Same as with alcohol.

I was purely talking about age restrictions not about consumption.

I was purely talking about age restrictions not about consumption.

Yes, I realise. Here in the Netherlands there is also an age restriction for buying pot - I don't see the issue there.

I detest that MDMA be considered in the same category as something wonderful like psilocybin or LSD.

I guess I'm not clued into what's wrong with MDMA?

Oh, MDMA is more like longer-acting cocaine than a psychedelic.

Nawh dude those were pipes, basically meth

Caffeine, alcohol, and a bit of tobacco (cigars mostly) is what I use. Soft drugs can be okay I think, haven't done them but I would be willing to in a controlled situation.

Caffeine is all I can have :P One more year till Alcohol, which I'll just be a casual drinker at most. I hate tobacco. Can't stand the smell when people smoke; so I'll never smoke.

I have taken vyvanse before. Only because I had an eight-hour drive to go watch the midnight premier of the Hobbit and was sick, and only had 3 1/2 hours of sleep. FYI- vyvanse is a prescription drug for ADD/ADHD people. Its technically speed without the addictive part. And again, it was a one-time thing.

I have a lot of friends that smoke marijuana, but as I said, I tend to stay away from smoking. Though, I'll hang out with you. Just don't smoke cigarettes or cigars near me >.<

Should I have said yes to hard drugs? The occasional dose of MDMA before a big party? Maybe 3 or 4 times before, so not a regular thing.

Didn't even see it listed as a psychedelic. It's not. At all.

Edited by Dad

I've stayed straight edge my entire life and don't have an interest in doing drugs in the future. Outside of prescriptions, the last drug I took was caffeine from a cup of tea a number of months ago.

I don't really care if others do drugs, though. It's their life and it's really not my decisions that should govern it.

So getting a high and potentially fudgeing yourself are directly linked. Here's a simple philosophy: if someone wants to harm themselves, let 'em. If they harm another, they should face the same penalties as anyone else. They got high, took a risk in doing so, and that risk became a reality. Boo fudgeing hoo.

So getting a high and potentially fudgeing yourself are directly linked. Here's a simple philosophy: if someone wants to harm themselves, let 'em. If they harm another, they should face the same penalties as anyone else. They got high, took a risk in doing so, and that risk became a reality. Boo fudgeing hoo.

Here's my philosophy,

Don't let them get high in the first place and there won't be any chance for the other person to get harmed because of the other persons misjudgments.

Fun fact, many drug addicts live normal lives. Does that mean they could use help? Sure.

You don't, however, need to protect people from themselves.

Edited by theking1322

Should I have said yes to hard drugs? The occasional dose of MDMA before a big party? Maybe 3 or 4 times before, so not a regular thing.

Didn't even see it listed as a psychedelic. It's not. At all.

Huh, my bad. If it's a stimulant, should it go in the hard drugs category? I was (mistakenly I guess) under the impression that rolling was lumped categorically together with psychedelics.