Sal's RuneScape Forum
Zooey

Drug Questionnaire

hey guys  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What drugs do you think should be legal? (Select each)

• Already legal drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • Soft drugs (Marijuana, Alcohol & Caffiene)
    • Psychedelics (Mushrooms, LSD, MDMA)
    • Hard drugs (Heroin, Meth, Cocaine)
    • None
  2. 2. What drugs do you do, or have done? (Select each)

• Legal drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • Soft drugs (Marijuana, Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • None
  3. 3. What drugs are you willing to do? (Select each)

• Legal drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • Soft drugs (Marijuana, Alcohol, Tobacco & Caffeine)
    • None

snorted some molly. fudgeing rush, man. rolling makes you happy as fudge

Voted for currently legal drugs to remain legal, because why not. Regarding "soft" drugs, I voted for those to be legalized as well. Everything after that I didn't vote for, because I have seen people on psychedelics and stimulants, and let me tell you, while some people can handle themselves, others cannot. I wouldn't have a problem if these were decriminalized, because I view sending someone to jail entirely because they were in possession of drugs as ridiculous, but legalizing them and making them readily available is just a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Here are the drugs I have done, and how I view them:

• Tobacco/nicotine - obviously it's bad for you, but altering its legal status is completely unnecessary.
  • Alcohol - some people can't handle their alcohol and make bad decisions, but as long as you're a responsible individual and know your limits, you shouldn't have too many problems with this.
  • Cannabis - pretty cool, but a lot of people begin to let it consume their lives without realizing it. A lot easier for most people to handle, and not as physically bad for you when compared to almost any other drug. I wouldn't mind seeing legalization in my area.
  • MDMA - for the people saying this isn't a psychedelic, it technically is, so please stop. This drug has gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years, thanks to the mainstream hip-hop and growing EDM scenes. Many of the people doing it today are underage and know nothing about the drug they are consuming. It's kind of fun, but extremely hard on your serotonin receptors, making use of it more than once every month or so very dangerous. I made the mistake of consuming MDMA three times in one month, the last time being only a couple days after my last roll, and I was drunk and railed some. Didn't have a very time, and that experience has turned me away from hard drugs. Yes, it was my stupidity that caused my bad experience, so pretty much what I'm saying here is know about what you're ingesting before doing so.
  • Psilocybin mushrooms - these were definitely my favorite drug. Never before had I felt so euphoric from a substance, and it was definitely one of the more enjoyable times in my life. Unfortunately, mushrooms - along with psychedelics in general - are definitely not for everyone, and some people legitimately just can't handle them. They can bring out a person's bad side, and amplify emotions more than you could imagine.

I've sorta done coke, too, but I'm not going to count that because I only smoked it on the end of a cigar, and I didn't even get that high. Stimulants are generally highly addictive, and it's really sad to see people go down that path. I'm from an area where a lot of people start off on using adderall to get high, then move up to coke, and then eventually meth. It usually seems to take multiple trips to rehab before addicts realize what they're doing and make an effort to stop for themselves.

Pretty much, my stance on drugs in general is know what you're doing before doing it, and don't become addicted. That's kind of easy for me to say, considering I don't have a very addictive personality, but I still stand by it.

Edited by Plasma

As negative and lacking of empathy as Bob-sama's post is, I agree with his sentiments.

:love: Aww thank you honey-bunny! :wub:

why is alcohol/caffeine listed in two categories?

While my personal belief is that the soft drugs such as alcohol/smoking cigarettes aren't exactly good healthy choices I have nothing wrong with friends etc partaking in them . Everything else should be banned and should have enforced restrictions.

But I don't see why soft drugs, ie. drugs that are not particularly harmful (see Zooey's chart in the OP) should be banned when alcohol and tobacco are not.

I believe it should all be legal. If someone wants to fudge themselves over that's a life decision they made. I stand by the precedent that happened with Prohibition and increased gang violence when alcohol was banned, except right now it's with drugs that can be extremely harmful.

This seems a bit excessive. People that want to get high aren't people that want to fudge themselves over.

So getting a high and potentially fudgeing yourself are directly linked. Here's a simple philosophy: if someone wants to harm themselves, let 'em. If they harm another, they should face the same penalties as anyone else. They got high, took a risk in doing so, and that risk became a reality. Boo fudgeing hoo.

While to a certain extent, we shouldn't restrict people's freedom, legalising and then monitoring drugs is never a bad idea.

Should I have said yes to hard drugs? The occasional dose of MDMA before a big party? Maybe 3 or 4 times before, so not a regular thing.

Didn't even see it listed as a psychedelic. It's not. At all.

Huh, my bad. If it's a stimulant, should it go in the hard drugs category? I was (mistakenly I guess) under the impression that rolling was lumped categorically together with psychedelics.

Yes, actually, that was my mistake. I wouldn't classify it as a psychedelic on the grounds that it acts as more of a stimulant (energy release, enhanced sensory perception & empathy), but it does work by releasing serotonin so I guess it fits the classification. It's not a hallucinogen or anything, though, which is why I was confused.

Edited by Dad

The farthest I'd be willing to go is Marijuana in a controlled environment. After that the risk/reward just isn't there for me.

#1 I cannot sufficiently answer the first question so I could not complete the poll. My only clear opinion is that I think marijuana should not be so illegal.

#2 I have tried alcohol and caffeine but will stay away from them.I have also tried tobacco but only for ceremonial purpose.

#3 Except for the very occasional use of tobacco I have no will or desire to use or to try any of the listed drugs

Edited by Gantowisa

#1: marijuana, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine ought to be legal and regulated.

#2: There are a few blood molecules in my caffeine. Other than that, did tobacco once (bleurgh), alcohol for societal purposes (it's a great way to overcome being strongly introverted! :P), marijuana never directly. Of course, it's not like in high school you could avoid it, since hotboxing the bathrooms was (is?) a national sport.

#3: none other than the ones I've already tried.

Edited by Arianna

voted - 2 ticks/3 ticks/1 tick (from the top for all)

With finances & responsibilities + job checks the way they are nowadays I can't afford to indulge over the legal line.

I currently rarely drink alcohol & then not much because of the previously listed issues, but remember fondly (if blurrily) the days when it was a major portion of my blood content.

I personally drink caffeine daily to boost my blood pressure because I have a condition where it's significantly lower than average on most days. I love zero/low calorie variants Monster, can't tolerate Red Bull, Rockstar, Amp, or Jolt.

I have friends that drink and smoke, but I simply choose not to do it with them. It's not out of fear but more of self-control, which I have gained more of as I'm getting older. I don't need them and don't want to become dependent on them.

I think all drugs should be legalized and let natural selection take its course. Many efforts have been made for the legalization of Marijuana have been made, but sadly more often than not, spearheaded on social media by burners and junkies, losing credibility by every "420 blaze it" tweet. Scientific studies are being conducted and I foresee legalization in my lifetime. Sure that may be cruel if children gain access to the drugs and overdose, but as a whole on society, more good than harm would come from it. First of all, it would decimate the population of inmates serving time for drug-related felonies, lowering the costs of law enforcement and correctional facilities funded by taxpayer dollars. As an American in the southwest, the presence of drug-related violence has escalated over the past few decades, and is becoming more visible. If the US Congress, on the constitutional principle of promoting freedoms (temporarily and partially disregarding the promotion of the "general welfare"), were to legalize the consumption and manufacturing of drugs, natural laws of supply and demand would drive down the prices of all drugs that were smuggled into the US, effectively robbing the cartels of the American supply of dollars. (Why buy Mexican when you can buy 'Murican, right?) The legalization will kill off all of those who are unable to exercise self-control, which unfortunately will be in the millions. Such a massive number of deaths brought on by freedom of choice, who would think that is possible? It would be, sadly. Americans will start production business to fuel the fire of self-destruction, but eventually once the population of users decreases, the demand will become minuscule, stopping the major production of drugs. Besides all of the deaths associated with the legalization, American manufacturers and dealers may become the "new cartels" to other countries, elevating the amount of crime in countries that regularly trade with the US and didn't approve of legalization. If it was a UN effort, this possibly could become a Utopian obstacle that would lead the world to a safer future. Not to sound elitist (as if I haven't already), but the survivors of the legalization will lead a better society where temptation and dependency on physically/mentally altering chemicals is eliminated.

Tl;dr - Legalize everything and let the dumb ones die off.

edit: Sorry, didn't realize this isn't the Debate forum. Oh well. :tongue:

Edited by Just2340

Far too many people don't know the truth about drugs. They go through the DARE program where a police officer comes to their school and harps on the rarest side effects; you know the ones. Your teeth will fall out, your skin will turn green, that kind of stuff.

Then, there's the news. A journalist instructed to do a story on drugs will contact a police officer who's only had training on how to identify drugs, together will come up with some crazy story about people swallowing crack to get high (it's not active orally), or a death gets blamed on marjuana when actually it was due to a deadly drug interaction or they got sold PCP lased weed, and no no one bothered to tell them about the readily available test kits, deadly drug combinations, or just how to stay safe in general. We failed that person.

Another flaw is that the news only talks about the deaths. All of those sucessful people in life who just happen to use drugs never get talked about, and they can't come forward and be a spokesperson because of the stigma behind it. They'll lose their job, their kids through CPS, and who knows what else.

It's not right for someone who's never taken drugs or been a part of drug culture to vote on whether to ban drugs. There's a good chance they don't know what they're voting on, and it's far too easy to jump on board to ban a hobby you have no interest in and come up with stupid stuff. We all saw it with the gun debate. Crazy lady wants to ban barrel shrouds --A safety device that keeps the hunter/hobbiest's hands from getting burned as the barrel heats up due to shooting it.

If you've never tried drugs, seriously, go try it. Join a drug form, have them help you get a test kit and find a reliable source. That's what I did, and I'm a changed man. I asked myself during the experience, "Why on earth would someone want to ban intense feelings of love and happiness?" and after I slowly figured out why.

lilshu already responded to your post but here's some things I have issue with.

Then, there's the news. A journalist instructed to do a story on drugs will contact a police officer who's only had training on how to identify drugs, together will come up with some crazy story about people swallowing crack to get high (it's not active orally), or a death gets blamed on marjuana when actually it was due to a deadly drug interaction or they got sold PCP lased weed, and no no one bothered to tell them about the readily available test kits, deadly drug combinations, or just how to stay safe in general. We failed that person.

'We failed that person,' is an interesting look at the situation. I don't agree with it completely, mind you. I think that while drug education could be significantly better everywhere, (though that's difficult) it's still common knowledge that drugs aren't necessarily very good for your health and you know you're playing with fire if you take them - especially with the risk of things you mentioned like that. I think the death could maybe have been avoided if he were educated better, but it could have been avoided more easily if he had not taken drugs.

It's not right for someone who's never taken drugs or been a part of drug culture to vote on whether to ban drugs. There's a good chance they don't know what they're voting on, and it's far too easy to jump on board to ban a hobby you have no interest in and come up with stupid stuff. We all saw it with the gun debate. Crazy lady wants to ban barrel shrouds --A safety device that keeps the hunter/hobbiest's hands from getting burned as the barrel heats up due to shooting it.

Source? How do you know it's a crazy lady? You can't really compare banning drugs to banning something that protects people who shoot a gun from getting burned. That's comparing banning something harmful to something positive.

And no, drugs aren't always harmful, but they definitely can be very, very harmful.

If you've never tried drugs, seriously, go try it. Join a drug form, have them help you get a test kit and find a reliable source. That's what I did, and I'm a changed man. I asked myself during the experience, "Why on earth would someone want to ban intense feelings of love and happiness?" and after I slowly figured out why.

People want to ban intense feelings of happiness because as you showed in your very first paragraph they can be deadly. Or rather, that's a good reason to ban them, I have no clue what the reasoning behind drug laws is to be honest :P

I work in a drug rehabilitation programme. My tolerance threshold for drugs is therefore very low, even for alcohol. Especially for alcohol. It really screws up your life. No, not everyone has the urge to get drunk. Some people can take it in moderation. The trouble with saying only a few people really abuse a drug is that such people generally live and interact with a variety of other people not using the drug in question. It's not just about you as an individual drug user; it's also about the people around you who can get hurt by your decision to be drunk or high. Spouses, children, and friends can all be hurt or killed by your use of drugs. I dislike attending the funerals of preventable deaths.

Does the world need more stoners? I live in a place full of them. It's not fun. The social or comedic joys of being around stoners and drunks radically decreases when you are not also intoxicated, aside from the sadistic pleasure to be had in torturing the incapacitated and observing their antics. Unless someone poses a threat to themselves or to others, there isn't a reason for such people to be imprisoned, but they should undergo treatment. Unfortunately, treatment only works if the patient is willing. Without the first of the twelve steps the rest are meaningless. You have to be willing to acknowledge and accept that you have a problem. Not only that you have a problem, but that you are willing to fix it.

I've seen drugs screw over people, so never have and never will use.

Edited by Barnzie8

I don't use drugs that are illegal for all ages, but I think the majority of them should be legalized (maybe excluding the "bad" ones like heroine). I don't know if it's the government's business to regulate our own private lives, because drugs tend to harm only the user and not the people around him/her. They could also be taxed heavily, giving the government another revenue stream, and it would end the drug wars down in Mexico and the Southwest US.

I don't say that in public much because people will assume I'm a pothead.

I don't use drugs that are illegal for all ages, but I think the majority of them should be legalized (maybe excluding the "bad" ones like heroine). I don't know if it's the government's business to regulate our own private lives, because drugs tend to harm only the user and not the people around him/her. They could also be taxed heavily, giving the government another revenue stream, and it would end the drug wars down in Mexico and the Southwest US.

I don't say that in public much because people will assume I'm a pothead.

Do they really? If I say that I'm cool with pot but I don't use it people will see me as just another guy.

Do they really? If I say that I'm cool with pot but I don't use it people will see me as just another guy.

It's becoming more acceptable now but five years ago or so they probably would have thought you're a pothead or at least very liberal socially.

It's becoming more acceptable now but five years ago or so they probably would have thought you're a pothead or at least very liberal socially.

Then it probably has to do with me living in the Netherlands.

Then it probably has to do with me living in the Netherlands.

It definitely does. :P I live in the suburbs of New Jersey and go to a relatively progressive high school and even here to say that you smoke pot is to stratify yourself socially.

I support the legalization of soft drugs at least. I am still working out my position on psychedelics and harder drugs. I definitely do not support the legalization of drugs like methamphetamine.

I have tried alcohol and tobacco before, and in a few minutes I will partake in some caffeine (though I don't consume a lot of caffeine in the average day, I don't even know the last time I had more than 150mg in a 24-hour period). If it were legalized I would probably try marijuana in a recreational setting and if I had a condition that could be treated with marijuana in a medical state I would definitely use it for that purpose. Actually in the medical instance I might even be willing to disregard the laws to avoid potentially addictive painkillers.