Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ak-47

Good Computer Mice?

Been searching up on some mice, preferably for gaming. I've come across a few popular options

• Razer Naga Hex
  • Razer Naga ultimate
  • Logitech g600

All of these have a good amount of side buttons, and are all the same price(around $69.99 between Newegg and Amazon).

Anybody have any good ideas on what mouse to get? If I can't find a higher quality one that works(Newegg ratings for Naga ultimate say it bugs out after a while, double clicking, new driver problems etc.., I'll get a cheap mouse - http://www.amazon.com/E-3lue-EMS109BK-Precision-Control-Counterfeit/dp/B005CPGHAA).

Thanks!

G400, G500, G700 are all good that I've used.

Naga Hex is cool from what I've seen, Hex Ultimate is kinda terrible I don't recommend it.

I've never understood the appeal of super fancy computer mouses. What use is having all of those extra buttons and gadgets on your mouse? Isn't left and right click with a mouse wheel enough? That extra stuff seems like it would get in the way more than anything.

I've never understood the appeal of super fancy computer mouses. What use is having all of those extra buttons and gadgets on your mouse? Isn't left and right click with a mouse wheel enough? That extra stuff seems like it would get in the way more than anything.

I'm a big RPG and Moba player, so it would be pretty helpful when it comes to macroing stuff. In league, Dota, or Smite, I can macro A-click + 6 items + other stuff. And for a game like WoW I can do the same, (plan on getting WoW soon).

I'm thinking about the Logitech g600, because it's $45ish on Amazon with free shipping. That sounds pretty good, the other mice I saw were more expensive. Of course, I could just get the cobra mouse for $15ish

I'm a big RPG and Moba player, so it would be pretty helpful when it comes to macroing stuff. In league, Dota, or Smite, I can macro A-click + 6 items + other stuff. And for a game like WoW I can do the same, (plan on getting WoW soon).

I'm thinking about the Logitech g600, because it's $45ish on Amazon with free shipping. That sounds pretty good, the other mice I saw were more expensive. Of course, I could just get the cobra mouse for $15ish

G600 looks nice I was tempted to buy it but it didn't have a couple features I wanted.

The Naga is kinda dumb because the switch underneath it chooses between numberpad and "razor" keys. When it's set to numberpad, you can actually assign actions to the keys. When it's set to the "razor" keys, you can't set those in games, you have to go through the razer synapse software and set up macros and keybinds in there. Doing this for every game must be a pain in the ass.

Of course it might be that way for the G600 I don't know personally. I use the G700 and it's got enough buttons for me to use, but many times I don't even know what to use them for.

It's not just for games; you can assign several functions that you use multiple times a day to the macro keys. For example, I have Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V assigned, Alt + Tab, Volume control (scroll to adjust volume, click middle mouse to mute), and Alt + F4. Very handy and convenient to have!

Personally, I've been using a Logitech G500 for some time now. Big reason I got this mouse was because it has a 5700 DPI sensor & is fully adjustable. That's the big feature for me--being able to adjust the sensitivity depending on my exact task. I have mine set at 3 levels: 1900 DPI, 3800 DPI, & the full 5700 DPI. Of the extra keys, 2 correspond to changing those settings; 2 are for navigating web pages (forward/back), & 1 is for macros.

naga is my preferred favourite, its the perfect size for me and when compared to the g600 the feel of it is a lot better as well

I got a Naga a year or so ago after the plain Logitech mouse I had for 5+ years died on me. No issues with it so far, and I do use the numpad on the side quite often while playing games. Takes a while to get used to, but after that it's great. I'd recommend it if you're fine with paying for it.

I forgot to mention, I have rather large hands - If that matters at all, lol.

Also, watching this video -

- These two people are comparing the G600 and Naga, and so far from seeing it it seems like the Naga has it's problems, while G600 is semi superior. I specifically like how the buttons on the g600 are differently shaped, so it could help when moving your thumb around, remembering which macro is where.

I'm leaning more for the g600, lol.

Logitech also has superior warranty coverage. They replace the mouse if it breaks in three years. All mice can have clicking problems so it's nice that they replace it.

I'm still using my seven-year-old MX518. It's the AK-47 of gaming mice.

But, since it's no longer available, the G500 is very good. Logitech makes very high-quality stuff.

My G500 did crap out (left-click button) earlier this year. I had 1 year of use on it. I contacted Logitech, told them about the issue, & they quickly shipped a brand new replacement mouse. (No need to send back the broken one.) They've stood behind their products.

as far as big hands go it all depends how you grip your mouse, I have large hands but the naga is big enough because I use a hybrid grip