Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

(American) Football

Penn State has had all its sanctions lifted. It took two years, but apparently the NCAA now realizes it should have never levied the sanctions in the first place because Penn State violated 0 NCAA rules lol. I wonder if Penn State will be eligible for the Big Ten Championship (judging by how terrible the conference was this past week, they might just have a chance).

Now, about that 56 million dollars they got fined....

In the NFL, Ray Rice has been released and suspended because of a video that shows him beating up his wife. I'm not upset that he got released, but I'm upset it took them this long to levy serious action. Did they think that he really didn't hit his wife? Was the video any worse than you expected? Really?

I watched it and he basically KOed his wife and then sloppily dragged her out of the elevator. Pretty much what was reported, yet people don't give a crap until they see video proof. People need to grow some balls.

Honestly I'm willing to pencil in Penn State as a dark horse for the Big Ten right now.

Also, Will Muschamp figured out how to call a pass play, holy shizzle.

EDIT: This in today, NCAA says that Penn State has postseason eligibility effective this season: link

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

In a really good mood because the Vikings completely crushed the Rams. I have to say I was at least a bit surprised. Loving our defense but it will be tested against Brady next week.... Should be a good game.

I didn't think much of the Ray Rice thing until I saw the video yesterday, but I did think the suspension was a little too small. I don't really blame myself for not putting two and two together and figuring out what happened, but the NFL certainly should have. It was a big media story and they should have thought about this a little more.

I didn't think much of the Ray Rice thing until I saw the video yesterday, but I did think the suspension was a little too small. I don't really blame myself for not putting two and two together and figuring out what happened, but the NFL certainly should have. It was a big media story and they should have thought about this a little more.

Allegedly the NFL didn't even ask for a copy of the video, so there's that.

Wow. If you'd told me a year ago that Ray Rice would be effectively out of the NFL and people would be talking about the possibility of Roger Goodell being forced out as commish for the same reason, I'd call you nuts.

Well, here we are.

Rutgers remains the only school from the Big 10 to beat a school from a power conference.

Rutgers remains the only school from the Big 10 to beat a school from a power conference.

No, Penn State did. They just beat Rutgers. HA.

No, but Penn State also beat UCF, which won the fiesta bowl last year, so...

Anybody here do Fantasy NFL? I started last season, missed out on playoffs for fiddlesticks reasons (would have won our league if I got into the playoffs) and almost the same group of mates are doing fantasy again. Also, go the pats.

The TO call that called back the Kerley TD was bs. Could have been an OT game. There were other mistakes in the game, but damn did that make me salty.

Anybody here do Fantasy NFL? I started last season, missed out on playoffs for fiddlesticks reasons (would have won our league if I got into the playoffs) and almost the same group of mates are doing fantasy again. Also, go the pats.

fudge the pats.

Those two questionable penalties really screwed over the Colts, but who cares! :P I think you could definitely make a case that the defensive holding one was not a penalty and was called correctly.

Hey I was wondering you guys can help me out. in Fantasy I am playing the best team in the league he has McCoy Maclin Julio Gronk not to mention Green and Charles who are hurt. I am currently starting Andrew Luck, Eddie Lacy, Andre Williams, Antonio Brown, Alshon Jefferey, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Allen, Phil Dawson, and the Pats D. So my question is this at the flex I am torn between Mike Wallace and Keenan Allen. Now Shonn Greene is hurt so you can add Bishop Sankey to the mix. Who should I start at the flex Allen, Wallace, or take a risk on Sankey.

Fudge Will Muschamp. Holy shizzle.

Fire him and hire Chad Morris pl0x.

Yeah lol agreed.

Big college game this past weekend, FSU vs Notre Dame. FSU won (yay). I completely forgot to watch it :/

Actually I changed my mind we should hire Mike Leach.

He's great when he's got the recruits, and he won't be hurting for good recruits at UF.

I would have preferred another butt fumble to what happened yesterday. Why couldn't there be a one in a million QB in the draft this year?

Yeah I like when Bill Belichick was asked if there was anything in common about the games the Patriots played Peyton Manning over the years.

"Peyton Manning"

Edited by Shooter585