Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

(American) Football

SF-SEA has turned into a nice game.

Open question - do the Bears stick with Cutler for the foreseeable future after he gets healthy (regardless of whether he plays this week or not), or do you think they try to get someone else in the draft or FA?

They should get rid of him and they should have done it earlier. I've never seen anything all that impressive out of him on a consistent basis. Plus some consider him a wimp, that may not be fair but still doesn't help his case.

Open question - do the Bears stick with Cutler for the foreseeable future after he gets healthy (regardless of whether he plays this week or not), or do you think they try to get someone else in the draft or FA?

Unless they win the Superbowl with him, I doubt they pay him next season. McCown has proven to be a very competent QB and is a much cheaper option for the team. I'm predicting that Cutler will be on a different team come next season.

Mack Brown steps down as head coach of Texas

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report-mack-brown-step-down-texas-head-coach-202433735--ncaaf.html

DUN DUN DUNNN. I'm surprised he didn't do it earlier.

I have this weird hunch he will stay at bama.

^Likewise, but there's also the fact he's more or less done all he can in Tuscaloosa; maybe he'd want a change of scene/environment, see what he can win with Texas too?

EDIT: Don't remember if I posted this before but I read or heard somewhere an ideal situation for Texas - Mack Brown would step down/resign after next season (like he's going to, apparently) and then they start prepping for the AD job and then install him there when the current one retires, and then Brown and the school can work together to find a new coach. Doubtful that will happen now, with that report and the possibility of Saban leaving this year.

Edited by Leo Crimson

I'm not sure Saban will want to leave after a defeat to Auburn. If he were to leave it probably would have been after three national championships.

I have this weird hunch he will stay at bama.

I've read reports that he's had a contract extension on his desk since last Friday. Any reason you can think why he'd take this long to sign it if he planned to stay? Texas can not only offer him a change of scenery, but they can also offer him more money.

Maybe he wants time to think about it.

I'm sticking with my hunch. If I'm wrong though I'll look stupid. But I honestly cannot picture Saban wearing Texas orange.

OH YEAHHHHHH

Not actually too happy because it will mean more Bama domination but hey I was right :P

Army is getting killed in the snow.

Dang I really wanted to see Army win a game but so much for that idea. The last time Army won the game I don't think the iPod had even come out yet.

I always thought he (Mack Brown) was sort of untouchable, but apparently I was wrong. I don't know what they're going to do now that Nick Saban isn't going there and the successor-to-be (his name escapes me) now coaches Florida. Texas isn't going to be a great program for years, which is a shame because I always liked watching Oklahoma-Texas as a kid at noon on some Autumn Saturday. Just as well, they don't play it at the Cotton Bowl anymore so it's lost its charm

Didn't Saban a couple of months ago say he would leave Alabama for Texas anyway?

My Eagles lost, but so did the Cowboys. Green Bay-Dallas was a really good game. A good comeback and two great interceptions by Green Bay to end it out.

Did not expect the Vikes to win (or put up 48 points for that matter), especially without Peterson, Gerhardt and our two starting CBs...

But yay :D

It would have been better if he lined up against him and smacked him down due to his son's utter confusion. A good reunion and you get to reassert your dominance as the man of the house. :aware:

No surprise, but Peyton's broken Brady's season TD record with 51.

I still think the Pats still get home field advantage though, assuming they beat Buffalo next week and Baltimore doesn't make a comeback in the next 15 minutes.

Tony Romo out for season.

Now I can make my plans two weekends in advance.

Tony Romo out for season.

Now I can make my plans two weekends in advance.

It's always a good day when the Cowboys lose. Its even better when Romo is hurt.