Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

(American) Football

They were lucky the super bowl was not supposed to take place yesterday. 14 inches of snow.

seattle and denver in the super bowl

lots of bowls in those two cities

This Super Bowl we talk about now has a whole different meaning this year.

Anyways, go Team Rice.

edit:

Quick thing: What are your guys' thoughts on the issue of removing the extra point kick from the game? It's in consideration for next season to eliminate the "extra point attempt". Thoughts?

Edited by Gary Oak

No way do not remove the extra point. It will make the NFL seem like arena football, plus there's nothing wrong with it in the first place. Plus it would be dumb if every other game came down to 2 point conversions. The real struggle is getting down to the endzone from your own 20 or so, not getting a couple yards for two points afterwards.

I dislike how the Superbowl is being played in New York (Jersey). Everybody's life would be easier if you played it in a warm climate or dome. Let's say it's 15 degrees at game time, which is cold but not uncommon for New York winters. I would not want to pay thousands of dollars to sit for four hours in that weather.

If they remove the extra point people are going to get mad.

I think Aabid has a crush on Tom Brady.

His wife is super fine, though. :o

Thanks thanks

I think Ima start following football more now. Sucks that it won't start for a while now.

AND IM SO MAD THAT THERE IS NO MADDEN 25 FOR PC.

GOSH

Thanks thanks

I think Ima start following football more now. Sucks that it won't start for a while now.

GOSH

The reason Madden isn't available for PC is because the company would lose money. Madden is targeted towards Americans, so keeping it sold by console is a better marketing strategy. If they were selling it for PC, the game has to apply to a worldwide audience. Hence why FIFA is PC and Madden is not. America is the only country that has football (NFL) as a main entertainment.

They either need to remove the extra points all together using Goodell's system that he might be proposing this offseason, or they need to move in back so that it's not such an automatic kick. Maybe make it a 35 yard kick. In its current state, the extra point is a waste of time. Only five out of like 1200ish extra points were missed this season.

They either need to remove the extra points all together using Goodell's system that he might be proposing this offseason, or they need to move in back so that it's not such an automatic kick. Maybe make it a 35 yard kick. In its current state, the extra point is a waste of time. Only five out of like 1200ish extra points were missed this season.

I like the idea of setting the kick further back. It gives it the risk almost the same as a 2-Point conversion. I don't think they should remove the extra point, because then the purpose of a kicker is to do the kickoff, punt, and the occasional FG attempt, which is typically 2-3 per game. The removal of the extra point does lower the role of a kicker by a considerable amount. I mean, sure, its 1 point, but you're taking away the kicker's chance to land that one point for his team.

I like the idea of setting the kick further back. It gives it the risk almost the same as a 2-Point conversion. I don't think they should remove the extra point, because then the purpose of a kicker is to do the kickoff, punt, and the occasional FG attempt, which is typically 2-3 per game. The removal of the extra point does lower the role of a kicker by a considerable amount. I mean, sure, its 1 point, but you're taking away the kicker's chance to land that one point for his team.

The NFL's role isn't to be fair to the players, as it has been made very clear by Goodell, it's about entertaining the fans. Extra points in their current state are boring and pointless. The whole idea about taking the extra point away seemed like blasphemy to me until I read more into it and I am willing to guarantee that if the extra point were to be removed it wouldn't be missed after a few seasons.

I'm surprised even 5 were missed. But the extra point really is a joke right now.

The extra point is still relevant in high stress situations.

The NFL's role isn't to be fair to the players, as it has been made very clear by Goodell, it's about entertaining the fans. Extra points in their current state are boring and pointless. The whole idea about taking the extra point away seemed like blasphemy to me until I read more into it and I am willing to guarantee that if the extra point were to be removed it wouldn't be missed after a few seasons.

Have you ever seen how pumped up fans get at games during the extra point? They're standing up and cheering the entire time. Sure, at home on TV its not a big deal, but to fans who can afford to go and watch the game at the stadium, the extra point hype is somewhat ritualistic.

I know being fair to the players isn't the NFL's reasoning, I'm just saying that kick squads are now losing another opportunity to contribute to the team score.

If they moved back the extra point a lot everybody would go for 2. If the odds of getting the 2 points is 40% and the odds of getting the extra point is 75%, coaches would go with the odds (and 2), unless you just need 1 point.

Have you ever seen how pumped up fans get at games during the extra point? They're standing up and cheering the entire time. Sure, at home on TV its not a big deal, but to fans who can afford to go and watch the game at the stadium, the extra point hype is somewhat ritualistic.

I know being fair to the players isn't the NFL's reasoning, I'm just saying that kick squads are now losing another opportunity to contribute to the team score.

I have been to about six NFL games and at every single one the only reason the fans were cheering during the extra point was because the celebration from the TD was still taking place. Extra points are just a waste of time.

Thanks thanks

GOSH

The reason Madden isn't available for PC is because the company would lose money. Madden is targeted towards Americans, so keeping it sold by console is a better marketing strategy. If they were selling it for PC, the game has to apply to a worldwide audience. Hence why FIFA is PC and Madden is not. America is the only country that has football (NFL) as a main entertainment.

Why is NBA 2k14 on pc then? I mean ik people around the world play ball BUT not nba.

Thanks thanks

GOSH

Why is NBA 2k14 on pc then? I mean ik people around the world play ball BUT not nba.

Yeah, but the NBA is targeted to people internationally too, especially in Southeast Asia. Consider this statue of Kobe in Guangzhou, China, which I need to go check out next time I visit there:

stattuee.jpg

Also NBA 2K14 is published by 2K Sports while Madden is published by EA, so probably a difference of company philosophies there too.

THREE MORE DAYS! :pirate2:

How many of you are going to watch the halftime show?

I hope they don't go ridiculous half time.

And does anyone know if Go Daddy is advertising? :love:

Not really a fan of Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers are okay though (I assume it will be more Bruno Mars unfortunately).

The go daddy commercials get pretty crazy lol

Not that I'm complaining

I thought Bruno Mars wasn't really Super Bowl halftime worthy, but after I head that Red Hot Chili Peppers joining him I'm kinda excited about it. I would have liked to have seen Bon Jovi get to put on a show for NY, though.

I thought Bruno Mars wasn't really Super Bowl halftime worthy, but after I head that Red Hot Chili Peppers joining him I'm kinda excited about it. I would have liked to have seen Bon Jovi get to put on a show for NY, though.

Yeah or maybe Billy Joel.