Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

(American) Football

I thought Bruno Mars wasn't really Super Bowl halftime worthy, but after I head that Red Hot Chili Peppers joining him I'm kinda excited about it. I would have liked to have seen Bon Jovi get to put on a show for NY, though.

Yeah or maybe Billy Joel.

If only Justin Timberlake wouldn't have been a part of the boob slip I thought he would have been great.

I'd actually like to see an awkward Janet Jackson - TImberlake Superbowl halftime reunion.

I'd actually like to see an awkward Janet Jackson - TImberlake Superbowl halftime reunion.

I don't think either of them are allowed anywhere near a Superbowl.

I hope they don't go ridiculous half time.

And does anyone know if Go Daddy is advertising? :love:

They always do. Although I have to say their advertising is very scarce nowadays. Hopefully they just saved all that money for advertising to get a spot in the Super Bowl reel.

Off-topic from football but I hate how many companies are leaking their ads beforehand or are giving away sneak previews, it ruins the fun when you actually see it the first time. Life should be full of fun surprises not "Oh I knew that was coming" :P

It's pretty hard to avoid too. Seems like everywhere you look there are superbowl ad sneak peaks. Don't care much about the commercials though; they haven't been good for years.

Off-topic from football but I hate how many companies are leaking their ads beforehand or are giving away sneak previews, it ruins the fun when you actually see it the first time. Life should be full of fun surprises not "Oh I knew that was coming" :P

I have managed to avoid all the leaked ads so far.

Pre-game Obama-O'Reilly interview was tense.

Most depressing Superbowl ever.

Sort of like the Alabama-Notre Dame national championship two seasons ago, except that you know Seattle isn't that much better than Denver. Really lame.

Let's talk about the ads. :aware:

Best ones were the Tebow ones I think

I was in a room with a bunch of guys and when Bruce Willis came on and told everybody to hug each other it was the most awkward thing in my life :xd:

Did anyone think the Scarlet Johannsen (sp) ad sound/visual not not match up? Sucks they spend millions on an ad only to have the sound/visual not sych up.

I liked the Puppy Love one. :P Pretty shizzlety game, even though I wanted Seahawks to win.

I feel bad for Peyton cause I'm not even sure he'll be able to win a 2nd one next year; Seattle and San Fran are going to be in the conference championship again, and the Bengals some AFC team is probably gonna upset Denver in the playoffs. New England could probably another run at it if they have a good draft in May.

The Doritos time machine was the only ad that made me laugh out loud.

I was impressed with Bruno Mars. His performance was good and did not rely on shenanigans, which seems to be rare for Superbowl halftimes. The Red Hot Chili Peppers thing didn't really flow smoothly in my opinion, but then again he does not have much music to put a big show together with (he is somewhat new to the music world).

I feel bad for Peyton Manning, people will always see him as a great quarterback, but not a "winner." It's going to be hard for him to considered the best ever, as he only won one championship despite being on (at least) above average teams for his whole career.

That one-sided Super Bowl. Man, the game was over at the first quarter, and like most commentators said, it was over at the first snap. I really thought the Broncos would have put up a better fight. Kinda proves something about the top teams of the NFC compared to the top teams of the AFC for this year.

Oh well, the half-time show was impressive and one of the best. You'd never expect Bruno Mars to team up with the Red Hot Chili Peppers which probably made it seem like it was one of the best.

The commercials were "meh". I thought last year's were funnier, but this year had a better design/production take on them. The Tebow ones were probably the best, followed by the first Ford commercials (The first one, I thought they were kidding about the next commercial. Makes me wonder how much they dropped to take the first 3 Super Bowl ad spots), and the Pistachio commercials with Colbert.

Although I'll say one thing: Peyton didn't use his trademark "Let's go" by saying Omaha before every snap. Maybe that's why he couldn't do anything.

Edited by Gary Oak

Transformers tho. :o

crosswiresprimegrimlock_zps9069e8ef.gif

If people raged over Megan Fox leaving the series, I wonder how they're going to feel that the MC has been taken out of the picture and now Marky Mark is given the lead roll.

Pistachio commercials with Colbert.

When Colbert came on a second time I laughed too :P. Way better than that dumb Psy commercial.

They are making a 24 movie? Did not know this.

I'm interested to see if it affects his draft status.

I wish it didn't really matter, because it is not football-oriented. If he doesn't get drafted I'm not sure you can say it was because he was gay as he is not an excellent prospect.

Anyway, if he's not drafted it's probably because a team doesn't want the media circus, not really due to discrimination.

I'm really impressed by how Michael Sam told all his teammates last August, and literally nobody outside of Missouri knew about this. I think he'll done fine in NFL locker rooms.

The Vikings should think about taking him, if just to make this whole Chris Kluwe thing go away.

Well supposedly 90% of the NFL knew he was gay beforehand. Anyway, it would be strange to me that the first active gay NFL player would be drafted out of the closet, and not come out already on a roster. I'm not saying he won't be drafted, it's just something I had never envisioned I guess.