Sal's RuneScape Forum
Arianna

Your favourite places

A newspaper article today mentioned a city I am utterly in love with - and I had the idea of opening this topic.

So, what are your favourite places and - if possible - why?

My picks (among many, many others - hometown and neighbourhood not counted):

Trieste (Italy)

Ljubljana (Slovenia)

Veszprém (Hungary)

How about yours? :D

Edited by Arianna

My hometown, Muscat (Oman) - I just think it's a beautiful and impressive place. I miss it greatly.

Bristol (UK) - a fairly local city which I like. If I lived in it I might think differently.

Dartmouth (UK) - again, a fairly local but beautiful town. A lot of history behind it. Plus ye olde BRNC.

Lausanne (Switzerland) - One of the many places I've visited, and hope to visit again someday. Just the whole feel of the place is brilliant. I can't explain why.

That'll do for now.

Edited by Hunter

Derby pier, Salem harbor, Massachusetts. It's a little rocky outcrop that leads to a miniature lighthouse. It's quieter than the shores here, beautiful water bluer than I've ever seen anywhere else

Derby pier, Salem harbor, Massachusetts. It's a little rocky outcrop that leads to a miniature lighthouse. It's quieter than the shores here, beautiful water bluer than I've ever seen anywhere else

I've been there! It was nice (:

I seriously think Fort Worth is the best city in the best state. Great combination of big city with small town, very healthy growing economy, great weather and beautiful rolling plains.

Savannah Georgia is pretty sweet.

Grand Cayman island is awesome, I hope to have a place there sometime.

Toronto is neat for the diversity.

Sedona Arizona is also really cool.

Vail, Colorado for the weather, skiing and mountain biking. Need to go back soon.

Marco Island, Florida for the beach, atmosphere and old retired rich people food.

Houston, Texas for the fact that you can pretty never run out of stuff to do. Love living there.

NYC because I don't get to experience downtown bustle all that often.

Anywhere in Connecticut for the weather, scenery and small towns. Only been twice.

I liked Italy, France and Ireland but I can't really see myself living at any of them. They're really fun to visit but I like America too much.

Edited by Zooey

I hate going to New York City. It's filthy, loud and full of people. I would never want to live there.

New England is nice though, shame about the real estate prices.

My hometown, Muscat (Oman) - I just think it's a beautiful and impressive place. I miss it greatly.

Bristol (UK) - a fairly local city which I like. If I lived in it I might think differently.

Dartmouth (UK) - again, a fairly local but beautiful town. A lot of history behind it. Plus ye olde BRNC.

Lausanne (Switzerland) - One of the many places I've visited, and hope to visit again someday. Just the whole feel of the place is brilliant. I can't explain why.

That'll do for now.

Lausanne is not my favorite swiss city but it's a pretty cool place, what were you there for just visiting or studying?

On place I definitely will be going back to is Edinburgh, and Scotland in general. I went there with my parents and my little brother so I wasn't able to experience it's nightlife but it was great fun anyway.

Venice is a great place too one of the cool things about it is that it's one of those cities were everything is worth seeing, not just a handful of landmarks.

I'd like to go back to Singapore someday, more for nostalgia's sake than anything else seeing as I grew up there for a while.Seeing things through adult eyes instead of my eight year old eyes, and seeing all the things that have changed since (Clarke Quay has changed a lot apparently) would be really interesting.

I liked Stockholm and Minorca a lot too, Paris is a cool place too if you can ignore the fact that it's an open air toilet.

Florence however is nothing special in my opinion though.

I went to Berlin with school and would really like to go there again, unshackled by rules against drinking and roaming around at night

And last but not least Bali. I dont remember it so much as a place but more like some sort of mystical island were everything was awesome

Remebering Singapore has made me think of our philipino maid back there Nina, and the malaysian handymen who were awfuly underpaid and yet always cheerful.... I only realized how amazing they truly were years after. Dang it now I'm tripping on nostalgia and feelings.

We were around the area (not actually staying IN Lausanne, but we visited it 3 times or so) on a French trip in year 7... so like, when I was 12. It was brilliant, and of the few towns/cities I've visited around there it's my favourite. Shame I never got to visit Zurich or anywhere.

Edited by Hunter

I have strong attachment to my hometown and my father's hometown, so I guess those would be my favorite places.

I really haven't traveled much though so I can't give a great answer for this.

I can't really say where's my favorite place. My favorite so far would be London (the history is by far what attracts me the most), but other than that, I love the Austrian countryside very much.

I do plan to make a month long backpacking trip in Europe someday. Hopefully I can find some neat places to actually call a favorite place.

Positano, Italy (The best vacation spot I've been to)

Rome, Italy

San Antonio, TX, USA

Vancouver, BC, Canada

San Diego, CA, USA

Some of my favorite vacation spots I've gone to. Combination of good weather, good food, and great atmosphere is basically why I love these places.

My favourite place used to be the town I live in now, as it's where my grandparents lived (and still do) and it was kind of magical. Now it's still a nice town but nothing special :P I'm not much of a traveller anyhow.

San Antonio, TX, USA

Did you go on the boardwalk? I love it there, I could stay there and eat mexican food forever.

San Antonio, TX, USA

Did you go on the boardwalk? I love it there, I could stay there and eat mexican food forever.

Yeah I did. One of the coolest places I've been, the atmosphere there is awesome.