• Magic
    • Dungeoneering
    • Woodcutting
    • Thieving
    • Agility
    • Fishing
    • Mining

Sal's Skill Competition 12

October 4 6:40 PM - October 6 6:40 PM GMT+1 (UK Time)

Sals_Skill_Comp_12_-_Dungeoneering.png

Check everybody's progress at: http://runetrack.com...er.php?id=17776

Keep an eye out on how you're doing!

When: October 4 - October 6 (48 hours)

Skill: Dungeoneering

Prize: Underbanners made by Hunter for the winners and participants who meet the participation exp requirement

Participation requirement: 500k Dungeoneering

General Rules

1. If possible, try not to use effigies, xp lamps, or Warbands or get xp in any way besides training the skill itself. It ruins the fun if somebody has been saving up their lamps. Other minigames are allowed such as Runespan for Runecrafting. You should get the idea of what and what isn't "training" the skill
  2. Please log out before and after the event. This way we can track the xp fairly so that it's up to date. We will be using the runestat website listed above and I will personally have a spreadsheet just to make sure things match up.
  3. Please participate! You don't have to be a winner to get something! Participation requirements are generally very doable during the time limit and only require a decent amount of time on your part!
  4. HAVE FUN! This if for you guys to have a little bit of friendly competition. :P I don't want you guys no-lifing 48 hours straight. I let you guys choose the skills for the competitions so you guys can do what you want to do.

Edited by Micael Fatia

We should do an overall XP competition. (My god why haven't we done this yet)

I was thinking the same thing the problem is only certain items could be categorized with the same tier considering things like dungeoneering could make you auto win

As much as I would love to see something like this I do not believe it would be a good idea.

Edited by Kaysie

Slayer, Dungeoneering and Thieving are tied with 2 votes atm ugh.

Divination gets added next comp.

We should do an overall XP competition. (My god why haven't we done this yet)

I was thinking the same thing the problem is only certain items could be categorized with the same tier considering things like dungeoneering could make you auto win

As much as I would love to see something like this I do not believe it would be a good idea.

Yeah Dungeoneering would ruin it. Of course we could just have an overall XP comp and ban Dungeoneering, could work. It's not possible to cheat by training it because the tracker shows how much exp everyone got in all the skills.

We could also give like two extra points to whoever gets the most Magic exp, another two points to whoever gets the most Mining exp etc etc, to give the participants a reason to train all the skills and not just skills that are fast and easy to train.

Maybe also make it so that you can train certain buyable skills too? Some are slower exp than some of the non-buyable skills or the best training methods are far too expensive to be viable. What do you all think?

Edited by Micael Fatia

I just find it too still broad. Think about it thieving experience for a higher level person would be about 200-300k experience per hour while a mid personw ould be about 100-200k an hour. Compared to mining where you would be lucky to get 150k an hour as a higher level miner.

Unless the harder the skill the more points I would find this extremely hard to judge. I think for this week it should be a regular event and possibly after more feedback has been given we can consider something of this sort.

Dungeoneering won, will edit the OP tomorrow.

If you want to participate sign up now.

List of participants:

- Dei Wei

- Nathan Ofc

- Army of One (?)

- KamilKaZe (?)

- Supersal69

RIP exp ranking

I'll participate. Finisterra is both my forum name and RS name.

By the way, guess who made that last vote. ;)

Edited by finisterra

Updated the competition tracker. Changed the participation exp req from 400k to 500k because the participants will be able to to six sinkholes during the competition.

Sorry guys would love to participate but im in at my grandparents house for the duration of the competition. I can play rs but I would not be able to dung, can only play for small amounts of time, at a time, so Dungeoneering just wouldn't work. Have fun =D (We'll do a fm comp next to disgruntle cart from the very obvious win he will get this comp)

Edited by Army of One