Sal's RuneScape Forum
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Abrahamic cult members only. It is demonstrable that God has to be one of us.

The wisdom of God and his will can only be expressed by the interpretation of men and women. All religionists know this as a fact as they, wisely to a tribal mind, --- follow a church representative.

All religionists know that at the top of their church hierarchy stands a man who says he knows the mind of God, --- and knows him to be real, --- and we better agree or out we go.

Jesus foretold that at the end of days he would return and the elect would choose between the various interpretations of Jesus and that that was how we would know who he really was.

Abrahamic religions of all stripes and flags, over 3,000 so I am told, are all trying to grow their shrinking tribes locally when what we should all be doing is fighting secular control of our world, the religious world, away from us globally.

Fellow religionists, where is our wisdom?

The end of days is of course a metaphor. The point being made is that a divided church cannot stand and whatever church you belong to is not doing as well as it could if we all decided to amalgamate, so to speak. A rapprochement brings us all more of the profits that tribalism can bring. That is the driving concept of world-wide systems.

We all seek that personal touch from God. We unfortunately all have to be satisfied with the lowly touch of man’s, --- unless unfortunate enough to actually be cursed by the touch of God’s consciousness. The best we can do then is at least have a say in whom we are to follow to insure that we can live with his, or her, interpretation of what we are supposed to be believing. His Jesus interpretation has to be at least close so as not to shame. Answers for question like; how many wives would Jesus allow you? , --- need to be dealt with.

I think it is time for all within the Abrahamic cults who bother with the churches and mosques should try to move them to modernity and unity to give what is required to challenge the huge Governments, --- with an equally huge Religion.

It is time I think to drop our inadequate inherited Jesus’ and have the prophesied election so that we as a group or tribe can at least give secular systems a decent challenge before we get melded into nothingness.

Do you agree?

Should we elect a new God, Allah, or whatever your particular cult calls God, --- to give secularism a modicum of a challenge?

Regards

DL

A reading from the Holy Gospel according to Saint John...

Jesus therefore' date=' when he knew that they would come to take him by force, and make him king, fled again into the mountain himself alone.[/quote']

My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world' date=' my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence.[/quote']

Verbum Domini -.-

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Besides the fact that Abrahamic religions are very different and I believe non-Christians to be wrong (and I mean no offense, I just don't think they're right), you're taking whatever prophecy you're using here (can we get a citation?) to be literal. Before we even continue this debate, we'll need to see what prophecy you're quoting exactly.

The wisdom of God and his will can only be expressed by the interpretation of men and women. All religionists know this as a fact as they, wisely to a tribal mind, --- follow a church representative.

Why is it necessary that God must be one of us? Is it not more accurate to say that we must all be closer to God. After all, according to Christianity God created the race of man in his image. Therefore, God is not one of us, but above us. To flatter ourselves, God is a whole us, while we are merely the imperfect vestiges of a reflection of God.

As the race of man was created by God, and so a hierarchy was formed, a Church representative is elected. That man which is one of the few closest in the image of God, and so capable of interpreting the Will of God to a better degree then others, is chosen to lead the faithful on Earth.

All religionists know that at the top of their church hierarchy stands a man who says he knows the mind of God, --- and knows him to be real, --- and we better agree or out we go.

Incorrect. At the top of the Order of the Church stands God. Below God stand his Angels, capable of understanding the will of God better then humans. Below the Angels (of various ranks and orders) stands the Pope.

If there is only one truth to this world, and that is the Word of God is correct, then God cannot be wrong. Therefore if you disagree with God, you are incorrect. Why should the correct tolerate the incorrect?

Jesus foretold that at the end of days he would return and the elect would choose between the various interpretations of Jesus and that that was how we would know who he really was.

Abrahamic religions of all stripes and flags, over 3,000 so I am told, are all trying to grow their shrinking tribes locally when what we should all be doing is fighting secular control of our world, the religious world, away from us globally.

The wisdom of Christianity and Catholicism comes from God. How can you say that the orders of God are shrinking when today there are more members of each faith then ever before?

The end of days is of course a metaphor. The point being made is that a divided church cannot stand and whatever church you belong to is not doing as well as it could if we all decided to amalgamate, so to speak. A rapprochement brings us all more of the profits that tribalism can bring. That is the driving concept of world-wide systems.

We all seek that personal touch from God. We unfortunately all have to be satisfied with the lowly touch of man’s, --- unless unfortunate enough to actually be cursed by the touch of God’s consciousness. The best we can do then is at least have a say in whom we are to follow to insure that we can live with his, or her, interpretation of what we are supposed to be believing. His Jesus interpretation has to be at least close so as not to shame. Answers for question like; how many wives would Jesus allow you? , --- need to be dealt with.

I think it is time for all within the Abrahamic cults who bother with the churches and mosques should try to move them to modernity and unity to give what is required to challenge the huge Governments, --- with an equally huge Religion.

It is time I think to drop our inadequate inherited Jesus’ and have the prophesied election so that we as a group or tribe can at least give secular systems a decent challenge before we get melded into nothingness.

Do you agree?

Should we elect a new God, Allah, or whatever your particular cult calls God, --- to give secularism a modicum of a challenge?

Regards

DL

The idea that Christianity has not moved into Modernity is insulting. All faiths are united under the belief in the One True God. Such unity as you stress is only external, not internal. Similar to the Christian who calls themselves such, yet never attends Church or has yet to pick up the Word of God, as recorded by man and put onto this Earth; the Bible.

And as for the fear that somehow all Christians and Catholics will be wiped from the Earth, or somehow stop existing; that is just silly. The Order of God is protected by the blessings of God, which include his honest protection -- except when such faith must be proven through trials sent by God. As long as God exists (which should be eternal, according to Christianity) so should Gods protection. As long as Gods protection Christianity -- and the true Christians which follow it -- need not ever fear being removed from this Earth (save for the transition from Earth to Heaven).

So no, on the whole I entirely disagree with you.

And for the record, I am not an Abrahamic Cult Member, nor a Christian.

~John

Jesus therefore' date=' when he knew that they would come to take him by force, and make him king, fled again into the mountain himself alone.[/quote']

My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world' date=' my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence.[/quote']

Verbum Domini -.-

http://www.fundament...e/Â Â Â Â Learn you your bible and how to think. Not all share your intellect. Regards DL

Besides the fact that Abrahamic religions are very different and I believe non-Christians to be wrong (and I mean no offense, I just don't think they're right), you're taking whatever prophecy you're using here (can we get a citation?) to be literal. Before we even continue this debate, we'll need to see what prophecy you're quoting exactly.

There are many and I was not being exact. The link just above has many but remember that the Jewish messiah was to live and lead. Not die or leave. That is why most Jews rejected Jesus as their messiah. Regards DL

Edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop

Verbum Domini -.-

http://www.fundament...     Learn you your bible and how to think. Not all share your intellect. Regards DL

There are many and I was not being exact. The link just above has many but remember that the Jewish messiah was to live and lead. Not die or leave. That is why most Jews rejected Jesus as their messiah. Regards DL

Your link doesn't work properly. And why the Jews reject Jesus is irrelevant, they rejected him. It's completely absurd to suggest that Abrahamic religions have enough in common to become one huge religion.

Why is it necessary that God must be one of us? Is it not more accurate to say that we must all be closer to God. After all, according to Christianity God created the race of man in his image. Therefore, God is not one of us, but above us. To flatter ourselves, God is a whole us, while we are merely the imperfect vestiges of a reflection of God.

As the race of man was created by God, and so a hierarchy was formed, a Church representative is elected. That man which is one of the few closest in the image of God, and so capable of interpreting the Will of God to a better degree then others, is chosen to lead the faithful on Earth.

Incorrect. At the top of the Order of the Church stands God. Below God stand his Angels, capable of understanding the will of God better then humans. Below the Angels (of various ranks and orders) stands the Pope.

If there is only one truth to this world, and that is the Word of God is correct, then God cannot be wrong. Therefore if you disagree with God, you are incorrect. Why should the correct tolerate the incorrect?

The wisdom of Christianity and Catholicism comes from God. How can you say that the orders of God are shrinking when today there are more members of each faith then ever before?

Do you agree?

Regards

DL

The idea that Christianity has not moved into Modernity is insulting. All faiths are united under the belief in the One True God. Such unity as you stress is only external, not internal. Similar to the Christian who calls themselves such, yet never attends Church or has yet to pick up the Word of God, as recorded by man and put onto this Earth; the Bible.

And as for the fear that somehow all Christians and Catholics will be wiped from the Earth, or somehow stop existing; that is just silly. The Order of God is protected by the blessings of God, which include his honest protection -- except when such faith must be proven through trials sent by God. As long as God exists (which should be eternal, according to Christianity) so should Gods protection. As long as Gods protection Christianity -- and the true Christians which follow it -- need not ever fear being removed from this Earth (save for the transition from Earth to Heaven).

So no, on the whole I entirely disagree with you.

And for the record, I am not an Abrahamic Cult Member, nor a Christian.

~John

Good. You likely have decent morals as compared to the Christians who have to compromise and corrupt their morals to be able to stomach their genocidal son murdering God.

You placed someone or something called God above the Pope. This is fine in theory but we both know that there is no one there and that whatever will of God the Pope speaks to is imaginary. No Pope has ever claimed apotheosis yet claim to speak for God. How droll.

That aside, for certain believers, --- there are so many flavors, ---- most of what you said would not make much sense. Here are the quotes to back up the notion that Jesus/God is one of us.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Note that we are predestined to become Jesus. He will lead many of his own elect.

Regards

DL

reepicheep I adjusted that link and it goes to the wording, " I will be your God. Try it again or just Google. Your choice. Vatican II thought a rapprochement possible and I think a Vatican III would clinch it. Regards DL

Your link still doesn't work for me, and since I have absolutely no idea what it is about I can't really google it either. And please leave the ad hominems at home.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Note that we are predestined to become Jesus. He will lead many of his own elect.

Matthew 6:22: If you look at the context of the quote, you'll see that it is about treasures in heaven. See:

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

John 14:23: This just says that if you love God He will be with you.

Luke 17:21: Look again at the context.

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”
It's about the coming of the kingdom of God.

Romans 8:29: If you use the better and less vague translation of the NIV (as the ones I have quoted above):

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Besides the fact that we are not becoming Jesus but rather becoming like him, I'm not sure what your point is?

I really wish I understood your posts well enough to contribute, but there doesn't seem to be any continuity, cohesiveness, or reasoning behind them. They just seem like a long drawn out insult coming from 5 different directions at once.

Could you slow things down for me, and take it one piece at a time

If only you hadn't been tempted by the Jesuit leaders of Nirvana, perhaps His travels through the unending sands of tribal Jerusalem would not have been made in any sort of vanity for the continued betrayal and trickery of Christianity.

Regards

A?

Edited by Adam?

I really wish I understood your posts well enough to contribute, but there doesn't seem to be any continuity, cohesiveness, or reasoning behind them. They just seem like a long drawn out insult coming from 5 different directions at once.

Ok. Do you agree that only man can express the will or thoughts of God as he is not about to speak for himself? Do you agree that all we know of God has been from a human interpretation? IOW do you agree that God is man made. Regards DL

Your link still doesn't work for me, and since I have absolutely no idea what it is about I can't really google it either. And please leave the ad hominems at home.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Note that we are predestined to become Jesus. He will lead many of his own elect.

Matthew 6:22: If you look at the context of the quote, you'll see that it is about treasures in heaven. See:

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

John 14:23: This just says that if you love God He will be with you.

Luke 17:21: Look again at the context.

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”
It's about the coming of the kingdom of God.

Romans 8:29: If you use the better and less vague translation of the NIV (as the ones I have quoted above):

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Besides the fact that we are not becoming Jesus but rather becoming like him, I'm not sure what your point is?

The point is that you are to grow up from being a sheep to being a shepherd.

Are you a parent? Do you want your children forever below you or is your duty to elevate them above you? What makes you think God would have a less noble goal for us? Regards DL Edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop

That metaphor doesn't work. If everybody is to grow up to be a shepherd, there are no more sheep to be herded. Please use clearer language.

Are you a parent? Do you want your children forever below you or is your duty to elevate them above you? What makes you think God would have a less noble goal for us?

You're again using a metaphor (God being our Father) and extending it too far. Besides, are we going to be like Jesus or are we going to be more powerful than God? You need to choose your arguments, you can't really pick whichever one works best for you at a given time.

That metaphor doesn't work. If everybody is to grow up to be a shepherd, there are no more sheep to be herded. Please use clearer language.

Are you a parent? Do you want your children forever below you or is your duty to elevate them above you? What makes you think God would have a less noble goal for us?

You're again using a metaphor (God being our Father) and extending it too far. Besides, are we going to be like Jesus or are we going to be more powerful than God? You need to choose your arguments, you can't really pick whichever one works best for you at a given time.

Whatever I am using, since you answer nothing, then I choose to ignore you. Regards DL

Whatever I am using, since you answer nothing, then I choose to ignore you. Regards DL

I'm not going to answer a question that is flawed from the start. Instead, I point out the flaws.

I'm not going to answer a question that is flawed from the start. Instead, I point out the flaws.

Are you a parent? Do you want your children forever below you or is your duty to elevate them above you? What makes you think God would have a less noble goal for us? Regards DL

Ok. Do you agree that only man can express the will or thoughts of God as he is not about to speak for himself? Do you agree that all we know of God has been from a human interpretation? IOW do you agree that God is man made. Regards DL

I believe that all religious systems are man-made, but I think you're ignoring their belief systems to make a point. They believe that God spoke through man- which is still speaking for himself, even if not directly.

I am not ignoring their beliefs and seems we agree that man and his interpretation is what is followed by all religions. So do you agree that we should follow a modern man instead of old shepherds? If you do then why not collectively elect one? Regards DL

Are you a parent? Do you want your children forever below you or is your duty to elevate them above you? What makes you think God would have a less noble goal for us? Regards DL

Are we really doing this? I'm not answering this question because it is flawed. Anyway, I'm not a parent, no.

God is our Father but he's not our Father as I might be a father of my kids. It's a very human view on the matter. Besides this, God's goal for us is to be with him, not to be raised above him if anything.

Are we really doing this? I'm not answering this question because it is flawed. Anyway, I'm not a parent, no.

God is our Father but he's not our Father as I might be a father of my kids. It's a very human view on the matter. Besides this, God's goal for us is to be with him, not to be raised above him if anything.

You would saddle your children under you forever and think a God would be such a poor parent as well. Thanks for this. Regards DL

God is not a parent, and does not act like a parent. Your comparison is pretty poor.

I am not ignoring their beliefs and seems we agree that man and his interpretation is what is followed by all religions. So do you agree that we should follow a modern man instead of old shepherds? If you do then why not collectively elect one? Regards DL

I have no idea what you mean. And yes, you are ignoring their beliefs. They do not believe that the Bible is an interpretation by man, but rather God speaking through man.

You keep trying to apply logic to something that is little more than "I don't believe what they believe therefor I am right."

If that is what you see then I guess we are done here. Thanks. Regards DL

You would saddle your children under you forever and think a God would be such a poor parent as well. Thanks for this. Regards DL

I've tried to put up with you but if you're going to debate like you're twelve I'll move on. Thanks for showing me that talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Regards RM

Why do you reply with YouTube instead of words. I don't even....

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I could have written it all but the you would have put a TL-DR. Deny it all you like but I know your ilk well. Regards DL

I could have written it all but the you would have put a TL-DR. Deny it all you like but I know your ilk well. Regards DL

So how do you respond to the fact that most people interpret those passages far differently than you.

I don't know that as a fact but if they do, they are wrong.

I take it you are not familiar with the Gnostic Gospels which accentuate those esoteric themes.

You probably do not even know that the Vatican's largest sculpture is of the pineal gland which is the emblem, if you will, of Jesus' esoteric teachings.

Interpret this if you can.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Regards

DL

So how do you respond to the fact that most people interpret those passages far differently than you.

I don't know that as a fact but if they do, they are wrong.

I take it you are not familiar with the Gnostic Gospels which accentuate those esoteric themes.

You probably do not even know that the Vatican's largest sculpture is of the pineal gland which is the emblem, if you will, of Jesus' esoteric teachings.

Interpret this if you can.

Regards

DL

So Gnostics are a bunch of hippies smoking DMT? :>

It's not enough to say their interpretation is wrong and leave it at that. Why is yours a better explanation? This is the difference between debating and blindly preaching. :P I know Gnosticism exists, but I've never had the opportunity to speak with someone and be explained why it's a better interpretation of Christianity. I'm a little disappointed you're refusing to say more than "it's better because I'm right."

I am quite willing to. So far I have dealt with what you asked. If you want to know something specific then ask. What is your view? Is man better on his knees kissing some God's rump or is he meant to be on his feet and being his own God as both the Christian Jesus and the Gnostic Jesus say we should? Regards DL