Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
felinoel

Woah what?! RS3?

No he's still alive. The only people who are dead are the ones who were killed in battle. Examples are in the spoiler.

Lucien

Hazelmere

Guthix

Runescape didn't jump into the distant future to get to the new age. Instead some event happened that caused this "new age" to begin. It's sort of like going from December 31st 1999 to January 1st 2000. You are in a new millennium but you are still only one day older.

No he's still alive. The only people who are dead are the ones who were killed in battle. Examples are in the spoiler.

Lucien

Hazelmere

Guthix

Runescape didn't jump into the distant future to get to the new age. Instead some event happened that caused this "new age" to begin. It's sort of like going from December 31st 1999 to January 1st 2000. You are in a new millennium but you are still only one day older.

How does one kill a shapeshifting crystaline structure that came to Gielinor as a butterfly and shaped it into the planet it is today by changing the enviroment which likely killed off the previous inhabitants of the planet like the dragonkin (did any other dragonkin return?) in order for the planet to produce enough life for that shapeshifting crystalline structure to somehow feed off of and only "kept the balance" in order to maintain the planet's new enviroment for optimal food production?

Wait... if he is dead then does this mean Gielinor will revert back to the dead wasteland of a planet that it once was back when those dragonkin I mentioned before roamed the globe?!

Edited by felinoel

Lucien

Hazelmere

Guthix

How does one kill a shapeshifting crystaline structure that came to Gielinor as a butterfly and shaped it into the planet it is today by changing the enviroment which likely killed off the previous inhabitants of the planet like the dragonkin (did any other dragonkin return?) in order for the planet to produce enough life for that shapeshifting crystalline structure to somehow feed off of and only "kept the balance" in order to maintain the planet's new enviroment for optimal food production?

Wait... if he is dead then does this mean Gielinor will revert back to the dead wasteland of a planet that it once was back when those dragonkin I mentioned before roamed the globe?!

It's complicated. I don't know exactly if your idea of Guthix still holds up 100% today. It may have been true at one point but I'm not sure now. He is definitely portrayed as humanoid in the quest where he is killed.

This is all confusing since you haven't been paying attention since 2006. but anyway Guthix was killed by an elder weapon called the staff of Armadyl. This is probably something you are familiar with since it was the main thing in the Temple of Ikov quest. He was killed my a mahjarrat who was unreleased until 2011. His name is Sliske.

And you are right with the last part. Guthix banned all of the gods from the land and now they are coming back. So it's going to be like God Wars v2. Pretty interesting. The Dragonkin are here too, but they don't really make too much of an appearance so far and I wouldn't expect them to. They did kill Lucein from Temple of Ikov though.

Yeah things have changed a lot since you left with regard to story. I looked at your guide from 2006 or whenever and some aren't considered Mahjarrat anymore and some new ones have been added. Ali the Wise, one of the most important ones, has apparently been added since you played. He, Azzanadra, Zemouregal, and Lucien (before he died) are the most important.

If you want a short story about Guthix go to the World Wakes quest guide, near the end.

Lucien

Hazelmere

Guthix

It's complicated. I don't know exactly if your idea of Guthix still holds up 100% today. It may have been true at one point but I'm not sure now. He is definitely portrayed as humanoid in the quest where he is killed.

This is all confusing since you haven't been paying attention since 2006. but anyway Guthix was killed by an elder weapon called the staff of Armadyl. This is probably something you are familiar with since it was the main thing in the Temple of Ikov quest. He was killed my a mahjarrat who was unreleased until 2011. His name is Sliske.

And you are right with the last part. Guthix banned all of the gods from the land and now they are coming back. So it's going to be like God Wars v2. Pretty interesting. The Dragonkin are here too, but they don't really make too much of an appearance so far and I wouldn't expect them to. They did kill Lucein from Temple of Ikov though.

No I was talking about before the other gods came to Gielinor, before even Guthix came to Gielinor it was apparently a wasteland of a planet where creatures like the dragonkin roamed the globe and there was barely anything living on it so when Guthix came to Gielinor needing to feed on the planet's life force and finding barely anything he changed the planet to the green, filled with life planet it is today, making it almost uninhabitable to the previous life forms that inhabited it, pretty much killing everything else off to make room for the new life Guthix brought to it.

Yeah things have changed a lot since you left with regard to story. I looked at your guide from 2006 or whenever and some aren't considered Mahjarrat anymore and some new ones have been added. Ali the Wise, one of the most important ones, has apparently been added since you played. He, Azzanadra, Zemouregal, and Lucien (before he died) are the most important.

If you want a short story about Guthix go to the World Wakes quest guide, near the end.

I'm good.