Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
felinoel

Woah what?! RS3?

So I got an email saying that today was the anniversary of me joining Sal's forums eight years ago... but... I have to wonder if that includes the couple years when his site got wiped and completely replaced... anyways what is up with the RS3?! I miss RS1! Does RS3 at least have RS1's fatique system that RS2 got rid of?

Also hey is that annual podcast thing still happening? Those were some good times.

EDIT:

121 posts? Woah... a lot must have been deleted lol wow

Oh and hey cool a lot of the old graphics I made are still in use!

And after all this time my deities and demigods guide is still in use? Barely any updates have been made to it too... hmm

Edited by felinoel

So I got an email saying that today was the anniversary of me joining Sal's forums eight years ago... but... I have to wonder if that includes the couple years when his site got wiped and completely replaced... anyways what is up with the RS3?! I miss RS1! Does RS3 at least have RS1's fatique system that RS2 got rid of?

1) Overhauled combat system

2) Lots of graphics

3) Customizable interfaces

4) Tons of quests

5) Jagex now does RWT

6) No, fatigue was removed permanently

Lol if fatigue was re-released into the game I think there would be a massive uproar. There isn't much of a point in it anymore and I never understood it because it took about a month for bots to figure out. Good times though.

And I remember you from awhile back.

Your gods and demigods guide is not only outdated with pictures and stuff but with RS3 the game is now in the "sixth age" and since your guide is talks about the "fifth age" it is mostly kept up there for archival purposes. We tried redoing some sixth age stuff with the Lores and History section but we never really got around to it. Not enough people are interested in lore and history like you were so its pretty slow.

And if you were confused about the sixth/fifth age thing, the most important thing is that (some of) the gods have returned to Gilenor (sp). For example Saradomin now plays a role in (one) quest and he is an NPC in that. It's pretty cool, you might enjoy it.

Edited by Sobend

Pretty much there is no difference between late Runescape 2 and Runescape 3. All that happened was that the storyline has been advanced, but you can still play all of the old quests without paying any attention to it. I still consider it Runescape 2, the Runescape 3 thing is more for marketing than an actual overhaul in the graphics and such. The most major difference is that it can be played in HTML, but the graphical improvement isn't nearly as large as RS1-RS2.

ah fatigue...I miss it actually.(was irritating but it made the game realistic)

RS3 ...it's a great addition. Many people don't like it as it has become semi-similar to other mmorpg's. But that's okay with me personally. I'd suggest checking it out. Just make sure your computer is decent to run on high.

Pretty much there is no difference between late Runescape 2 and Runescape 3. All that happened was that the storyline has been advanced, but you can still play all of the old quests without paying any attention to it. I still consider it Runescape 2, the Runescape 3 thing is more for marketing than an actual overhaul in the graphics and such. The most major difference is that it can be played in HTML, but the graphical improvement isn't nearly as large as RS1-RS2.

I agree that the difference between RS2-RS3 isn't as large as RS1-RS2 but it's still more significant than you mentioned. You forgot the new combat system, which was technically released in RS2 but I think Jagex considers to be the defining characteristic of RS3. Like Jagex said, the transition betweem RS2-RS3 was pretty gradual, and I think you could argue we're not fully in RS3 yet.

Music has also improved a lot. That is actually probably my favorite change. It is actually listenable to now.

5) Jagex now does RWT

RWT? *googles it*

Oh! lol the definition talks about Runescape here

http://www.urbandict...ne.php?term=RWT

Welcome back!! RS3 is no good, enjoy your stay and stay forever!

lol if it is no good then idk if I will stay forever...

Lol if fatigue was re-released into the game I think there would be a massive uproar. There isn't much of a point in it anymore and I never understood it because it took about a month for bots to figure out. Good times though.

lol but bots aren't supposed to be used... >.>

=b

And I remember you from awhile back.

Your gods and demigods guide is not only outdated with pictures and stuff but with RS3 the game is now in the "sixth age" and since your guide is talks about the "fifth age" it is mostly kept up there for archival purposes. We tried redoing some sixth age stuff with the Lores and History section but we never really got around to it. Not enough people are interested in lore and history like you were so its pretty slow.

And if you were confused about the sixth/fifth age thing, the most important thing is that (some of) the gods have returned to Gilenor (sp). For example Saradomin now plays a role in (one) quest and he is an NPC in that. It's pretty cool, you might enjoy it.

I was SUCH a fan of the lore, yes.

Yeah I noticed that in some videos I was looking at... weird...?

It at least looks completely different?

Does this mean my old account will still work? If it does I am probably not in the top 100 woodcutters anymore...

ah fatigue...I miss it actually.(was irritating but it made the game realistic)

RS3 ...it's a great addition. Many people don't like it as it has become semi-similar to other mmorpg's. But that's okay with me personally. I'd suggest checking it out. Just make sure your computer is decent to run on high.

I'm a graphic artist now so that means that my computer is on par with most high end gaming systems lol

But hey... I can make this kind of graphics RS3 uses... if this is the style that games are becoming maybe I should quit with the product designing and start with the game designing...

I agree that the difference between RS2-RS3 isn't as large as RS1-RS2 but it's still more significant than you mentioned. You forgot the new combat system, which was technically released in RS2 but I think Jagex considers to be the defining characteristic of RS3. Like Jagex said, the transition betweem RS2-RS3 was pretty gradual, and I think you could argue we're not fully in RS3 yet.

Music has also improved a lot. That is actually probably my favorite change. It is actually listenable to now.

I noticed some weird skills too lol

Hey felionel I remember you. :P

I think I submitted a Zemouregal image to one of your guides, before Jagex released the Defender of Varrock quest so it's not an actual in-game pic of Zemouregal haha. :P

RS3 is good, ignore the people saying it isn't they don't even play anymore and have no idea what they're talking about.

there something fun for us oldfarts too in rs3

you can buy membership with ingame cash

so you can check out what it's like in membs by just paying a couple of mill for 14 days of membs

just buy a bond on the grand exchange and use it to buy membership and have a stroll through the world

there something fun for us oldfarts too in rs3 you can buy membership with ingame cash so you can check out what it's like in membs by just paying a couple of mill for 14 days of membs
Surely you can't be serious! (cit.)

I'm tempted to check it out...

there something fun for us oldfarts too in rs3 you can buy membership with ingame cash so you can check out what it's like in membs by just paying a couple of mill for 14 days of membs
Surely you can't be serious! (cit.)

I'm tempted to check it out...

i'm totally serious

first thing I did when that rwt tool was released

people can buy those bonds with real money on the site and sell them on the grand exchange for ingame money

http://www.runescape.com/bonds

Dani I'm surprised you didn't even know that. You're on a Runescape forum. :xd:

Dani I'm surprised you didn't even know that. You're on a Runescape forum. :xd:

Yeah I kinda skim the RS announcements and I think the latest Runescape-related thread I read was sometime in 2009

Also, I'm totally aging here, cut me some slack :box:

RS3 is good, ignore the people saying it isn't they don't even play anymore and have no idea what they're talking about.
lol well I mostly play Minecraft and Terraria nowadays.

there something fun for us oldfarts too in rs3

you can buy membership with ingame cash

so you can check out what it's like in membs by just paying a couple of mill for 14 days of membs

just buy a bond on the grand exchange and use it to buy membership and have a stroll through the world

idk I mean I used to make my money in game with yew logs and magic logs but then a year or so ago when I tried to return to RS I noticed that yew logs went down to 200 gold a piece?! That is like a third gone from the olden days' price. I shudder to think what it is now...

Also, I'm totally aging here, cut me some slack :box:

lol we all are. :P

Bots are gone, Yew logs are like 600-650 each now.

Ohhhhhh bots were what killed the price? That makes sense... I think I still have several stacks too, hmmm...

Ohhhhhh bots were what killed the price? That makes sense... I think I still have several stacks too, hmmm...

more bots = more resources= less demand = lower prices.

less bots = lesser resources=more demand for certain resources = higher the price

Bots was a win/lose situation lol

Edited by Kaysie

less bots = lesser resources=more demand for certain resources = higher the price

I didn't think they were that big of a problem back then though?

I know people who goldfarmed who could sell literally 30b+ at any time and still have plenty to use to farm even more...

I don't think you quite realize how big the economy actually is. You would be surprised how much some of the big time merchers have(and a few of them were even banned for botting/farming)

There is this one girl I know who was one of the original rsc players she literally has 100+ of every phat/mask out there. She could by herself damage the economy if she wanted to.

Tell that to the economy.

EDIT: Nvm, Kaysie got in right before me.

Edited by Leo Crimson

Yes.

Not only did they bring in an ungodly amount of resources (which was bad), but it was pretty much impossible to skill in certain skills as it would always be packed with 20+ bots.

I know people who goldfarmed who could sell literally 30b+ at any time and still have plenty to use to farm even more...

I don't think you quite realize how big the economy actually is. You would be surprised how much some of the big time merchers have(and a few of them were even banned for botting/farming)

There is this one girl I know who was one of the original rsc players she literally has 100+ of every phat/mask out there. She could by herself damage the economy if she wanted to.

I didn't think there were that many phats/masks left?! o.o

Yes.

Not only did they bring in an ungodly amount of resources (which was bad), but it was pretty much impossible to skill in certain skills as it would always be packed with 20+ bots.

Yeah but back then I used all the yew/magic locations and I always talked to everyone who was there and no one ever didn't respond...?