Sal's RuneScape Forum
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Care to compare the Jesus you know to the one I know?

I just wanted to comment on one thing Reep said earlier in the topic that caught my attention. He said something along the lines of "God created morals, so why should he have to follow them."

If you don't follow the morals that you yourself created, then how are you moral? If I made a law prohibiting stealing, then went around robbing banks, would I be moral? Simply creating morals for everyone else to follow doesn't make you moral, you yourself need to have some humility and live under the laws as well. I think it's wrong to say that just because god created morals he can ignore them all and do whatever he wants.

I really, really do not want to get caught up in a debate on morality, but here you go:

The point I wanted to get across is that though the things He does may not follow what our ideas of 'good' are, that does not make him evil. That was Gnostic's point, and that is what I was arguing against.

To answer your question, though, if God is subject to our moral laws, is he still God? Why can he not work outside them?

If you're into a totalitarian theocratic dictatorship, then I guess that's fine. But even if there were proof that a heavenly being exists, by your very post I would want nothing to do with it.

A totalitarian theocratic dictatorship with a perfect leader. That's fine with me.

The Supreme Leader is perfect in the eyes of the people of the DPRK.

I just wanted to comment on one thing Reep said earlier in the topic that caught my attention. He said something along the lines of "God created morals, so why should he have to follow them."

If you don't follow the morals that you yourself created, then how are you moral? If I made a law prohibiting stealing, then went around robbing banks, would I be moral? Simply creating morals for everyone else to follow doesn't make you moral, you yourself need to have some humility and live under the laws as well. I think it's wrong to say that just because god created morals he can ignore them all and do whatever he wants.

I really, really do not want to get caught up in a debate on morality, but here you go:

The point I wanted to get across is that though the things He does may not follow what our ideas of 'good' are, that does not make him evil. That was Gnostic's point, and that is what I was arguing against.

To answer your question, though, if God is subject to our moral laws, is he still God? Why can he not work outside them?

If you're into a totalitarian theocratic dictatorship, then I guess that's fine. But even if there were proof that a heavenly being exists, by your very post I would want nothing to do with it.

A totalitarian theocratic dictatorship with a perfect leader. That's fine with me.

You're so right, all Christians are sheeple. How did we not realise.

Your words, not mine. The people of DPRK aren't dumber than other people, they've just been conditioned on what to think. And what they think is pretty inline with what you think.

That's not to say what you or they think is wrong, I could be wrong with my thinking, I'm just pointing out the similarities.

Your words, not mine. The people of DPRK aren't dumber than other people, they've just been conditioned on what to think. And what they think is pretty inline with what you think.

That's not to say what you or they think is wrong, I could be wrong with my thinking, I'm just pointing out the similarities.

My response was maybe overly sarcastic, I get you what you mean, sorry :P

And sure, there's similarities, but that's where I have faith that God exists and is as is described in the bible. But you already think the bible is worth less than I do, so I doubt we'll come to an agreement there (which is fine), and any arguments about the relative validity of the bible and the North Korean regime (if you know what I mean) is pointless.

Where is it written that we can hurt Gods? Get the quote please. Regards DL

I mean it clearly states that Jesus was in pain. Well, at least he was yelling and stuff. I'm not sure why this is turning into an argument. I don't think he was imitating a female orgasm.

And before you say "well it was Jesus not god" go through your son dying on the cross and see if you go through that painlessly. Plus Jesus is sort of God.

Now you want to compare men to Gods. Pfft. Regards DL

Like Reep said you are quoting things from the Bible but totally ignoring the extremely important part where Jesus is clearly in pain. How can we say that the sacrifice was nothing. Jesus was god but in the form of a human.

I'm sorry, I guess I just forgot who I was arguing with. I can see your view with some other arguments but not this one. Sometimes you have a minor chance to persuade somebody but with you its pretty much zero. Given, the chance of success at an online debate is pretty low because people are usually firm with their ideas whether or not they hold up well to debate but with you it is still a tad lower.

I'm done with this specific point, good luck to whoever decides to continue.

Ok. God can feel pain. Not much of a God that. Rather human in fact. Regards DL

Even though you have to embrace human sacrifice and the notion that it is somehow good justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty. Nice morals you have to adopt to follow your Satanic God. Regards DL

Have you ever even read this bible you keep referencing?

You flat out ignore Sobend and other's direct quotes from the bible, and then come up with meaningless assertions with absolutely no visible reasoning or evidence.

I've yet to see a single argument from you that isn't a fallacy in over 5 pages of arguing.

You flat out ignore Sobend and other's direct quotes from the bible, and then come up with meaningless assertions with absolutely no visible reasoning or evidence.

I've yet to see a single argument from you that isn't a fallacy in over 5 pages of arguing.

I have read about 8 bibles. This O P has basically turned into asking if human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is moral or not. This speaks to how Christians are trying to profit from God having his son murdered. Opine or not. Your choice. Regards DL

I have read about 8 bibles. This O P has basically turned into asking if human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is moral or not. This speaks to how Christians are trying to profit from God having his son murdered. Opine or not. Your choice. Regards DL

I understand what you're asking, and it's a valid and debatable topic.

What isn't good in a debate is when you just ignore any other people's opinions, and present your own opinions as facts.

You're not debating, you're just preaching - and this isn't the place for it.

What isn't good in a debate is when you just ignore any other people's opinions, and present your own opinions as facts.

(All religious debate are preaching. Religion does not allow room for debate.)

I ignore nothing and have yet to see an argument for human sacrifice to reject. Acceptance or denial of the other options is not an argument for the proposition. If you have seen me reject an argument then your eyes are better than mine. Regards DL