Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

What did you learn today?

It took me awhile to figure out Hugh Laurie was British too.

eMRGU.jpg

This I learned and lol'ed maybe 2 years ago.

I learnt that the Royal Society has a sign book with signatures from a lot of the most influential scientists, including Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Benjamin Franklin, and more recently, Peter Higgs (think Higgs Boson). Amazing piece of history that is still in use today.

Ever tried Bailey's Irish Cream reep? Love that stuff.

Never tried it, but I've heard good things. I'll go see if I can't find a bottle somewhere to buy at some point, I'm sure there must be a store selling it.

EDIT: A brick and mortar store is selling it for 24 Euro a liter. Not gonna happen :P I did find it on my favourite online whisky store for cheap, so I think I'll throw in a bottle whenever I get around to ordering some more single malts. Might as well try it once, right?

A friend of mine had the habit of ordering half-espresso and half Bailey's :D

ANYWAY

Today I totally learned that a gigabyte is less than a megabyte, because "g" comes before "m" in the alphabet. At least, according to one of our clients.

Never tried it, but I've heard good things. I'll go see if I can't find a bottle somewhere to buy at some point, I'm sure there must be a store selling it.

EDIT: A brick and mortar store is selling it for 24 Euro a liter. Not gonna happen :P I did find it on my favourite online whisky store for cheap, so I think I'll throw in a bottle whenever I get around to ordering some more single malts. Might as well try it once, right?

ANYWAY

Today I totally learned that a gigabyte is less than a megabyte, because "g" comes before "m" in the alphabet. At least, according to one of our clients.

IT'S DANI

HE'S BACK

HI DANI

Just to stay on topic, I learned that I truly, truly hate having exams at 6:30 PM. Not that that surprises me, but hey.

Edited by reepicheep

Half Baileys and half espresso sounds so crazy... it might just work.

ANYWAY

IT'S DANI

HE'S BACK

HI DANI

Just to stay on topic, I learned that I truly, truly hate having exams at 6:30 PM. Not that that surprises me, but hey.

WHAT UP MON

Also, I learned that, while spelling Dutch words, you're never wrong if you just double up vowels at random

(Centraal, srsly?) :P

ANYWAY

IT'S DANI

HE'S BACK

HI DANI

WHAT UP MON

Also, I learned that, while spelling Dutch words, you're never wrong if you just double up vowels at random

(Centraal, srsly?) :P

Well, I learned that being Italian is lamer than being Dutch because, because NYEH

The fun thing is that depending on vowel placement and such, the double vowel may or may not be necessary to convey the necessary sound. It makes sense if you know the language though :P

Today I learned that saradomin warpriest boots apparently do not count as a saradomin item in the god wars dungeon...

Today I learned that saradomin warpriest boots apparently do not count as a saradomin item in the god wars dungeon...

Tokens don't either :cry: I learned that a couple of weeks ago, though....

Today I learned doing something that really annoys me can really get me in a salty mood. Just 30 minutes ago I had to log off here from posting spam/offensive remarks. >.<

Never get the Parmesan cheese and garlic salt shakers mixed up.

0fc.gif

You can't go wrong with garlic and cheese anyway :cute:

0fc.gif

I was eating pizza and accidentally dumped on way too much garlic, it was barely edible. This is coming from someone who really likes garlic too (just don't kiss anyone in the next couple hours).

0fc.gif

I was eating pizza and accidentally dumped on way too much garlic, it was barely edible. This is coming from someone who really likes garlic too (just don't kiss anyone in the next couple hours).

Oh, that makes sense I guess :P

TIL that the appropriate time to wake up is exactly 2 hours after you set your alarm.

Today I learned doing something that really annoys me can really get me in a salty mood. Just 30 minutes ago I had to log off here from posting spam/offensive remarks. >.<

aw ur no fun

TIL Hulu has Blackadder.

Weekend agenda successfully planned.

That's hilarious, I'm watching it right now on Netflix.

TIL that games are still being made for the PS2.

Today I learned that some pre-made salad can be very bad.

Today I learned a lot of things:

Crohns Disease makes studying under stress unbearable, SO don't procrastinate

Earrings make you look like a muppet at the gym, SO when you let your friend pierce them remember you have to keep it in for 2weeks b/c ear infection

OH and most importantly

Don't try new medication and go on the forums cause you'll type wayyyyyy 2 much

TIL that I'm sleepy and its a bad idea to stay up late.