Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sal's Realm

Invention: The Next Skill

Mod Mark introduces the next skill: Invention!

The new skill has been on a lot of people’s minds lately. Despite Mod Mark recently announcing it, there’s still a mystery as to what it all means.

To whet your appetite just a little more, here’s a quick summary of RuneScape’s 27th skill.

Now that you’re wearing your video trousers, why not watch this quick reminder of the great work that you guys are doing for some very special charities too?

Take it in turns to pat yourselves on the back and don’t forget, throughout the rest of November, for every 10 million gold donated we’ll now donate $2 instead of $1!

View the original article

Edited by Sobend

Not a big surprise, they announced this in Runefest. "Man's defense against the Gods" - sounds cool.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to literally being able to tank Vorago. I want to see his face when he sees this!

6Z6Fhhk.jpg

Edited by Sobend

Not a big surprise, they announced this in Runefest. "Man's defense against the Gods" - sounds cool.

Yeah hopefully it will be similar to the idea of man using machine to conquer nature. I hope it doesn't go overboard though, as much as I like tanks and all those video games associated with them. Runescape should stay Medieval-based, not some weird alternate universe that is physically impossible-based.

I really am looking forward to inventor and hope I don't get let down. It will bring massive changes to the game and I hope they know how to react to the new content they are making.

This is just the same but shortened version of what was mentioned at Runefest if you were watching the live broadcast.

Sattern.

Yeah hopefully it will be similar to the idea of man using machine to conquer nature. I hope it doesn't go overboard though, as much as I like tanks and all those video games associated with them. Runescape should stay Medieval-based, not some weird alternate universe that is physically impossible-based.

It looks like they won't go overboard. I doubt they are that dumb. I did think they went a little overboard with handcannons personally though.

Like Sattern this is probably the skill I am most looking forward to since summoning. I thought they ran out of ideas after summoning, but apparently I was wrong.

How does Divination relate to Invention, anyone know? I recall hearing that Divination would be closely tied to a new unnamed (at that time) skill.

Edited by CyberGoyle

wat

Runescape is physically impossible....

wat

What I got from his post was that RuneScape shouldn't become a medieval-esque world where they also somehow have the technology for tanks and stuff yet lack, I don't know, toilets.

Maybe we'll see the introduction of blunderbusses/more handcannon shizzle

How does Divination relate to Invention, anyone know? I recall hearing that Divination would be closely tied to a new unnamed (at that time) skill.

We theorize (Micael Fatia actually :P) that you will capture divine energies to be able to invent stuff. It makes sense; the divine energies are Guthix's and Guthix wants to protect the mortals from the gods. In the video they said invention was a way for mortals to protect themselves from the gods. It comes together.

Also

:welcome:

wat

You don't believe in magic? DAMN YOU

Edited by Sobend

So, uh not to be a party pooper or anything, but why is this skill really needed? Wouldn't it make more sense to rework existing skills that really don't have a sense of purpose and tie them in with inventing stuff instead? Crafting, Smithing, and Construction all fit the bill pretty nicely for this area since they are all involve the production of things. Using a combination of all 3 you can create bigger and better things.

So, uh not to be a party pooper or anything, but why is this skill really needed? Wouldn't it make more sense to rework existing skills that really don't have a sense of purpose and tie them in with inventing stuff instead? Crafting, Smithing, and Construction all fit the bill pretty nicely for this area since they are all involve the production of things. Using a combination of all 3 you can create bigger and better things.

I don't know, I feel like the difference between invention and something like crafting is that the stuff for crafting already exists but you don't have the skill to create it, while the stuff you invent is waiting for you to invent it.

I hope that makes some sense.

and finally roonskeep jumps on the steampunk hype :)

If they don't name the Invention tutors "The Mothers of Invention", I'm going to be seriously miffed