Sal's RuneScape Forum

Alright! As we all know RuneScape 3 Evolution of Combat isn't seen as sanctuary or paradise for us but abomination. But most of us had efforts inserted on our RuneScapers so it's either we quit and make those efforts uncounted or get over it and be fond of this "Abomination".

Facts

I'm still very new about EoC but as far as I'm concerned, PvP is still a nice to do. All I can talk about is about Ranged at the moment but you guys can share your own strategies and opinions, feel free to do so. Okay here we go.

As we all know, Pure Ranged Player Killers aren't effective on EoC because you'll be very vulnerable. So having 1-3 Defense Level is pointless really. Sorry for the redundancy, haha!

I have observed on World 3 Wilderness including the Volcano Lodestone is that most Pure Rangers still has 1-3 Defense Level BUT! Take note that instead of training Defense, they buried dozens of different kinds of bones until they get the Magic, Melee and Ranged Protections, I would also suggest using Rapid Heal and Double Heal Rate Prayer.

Some of them 1 item on the lodestone and are able to loot at least a few Rune Arrows and some Rune 2h Swords. Although that's your choice whether you train Prayer or Defense. Choose if you want Zerker or Pure Player Killer.

Leveling

Haha! Here we go then on Ranged! I'd pretty much suggest getting a free 30 Bronze Arrows and Shortbow on the Ranged Store East of Varrock Fountain or Spawn Hub. It's rather better than Killing Trolls or Goblins to get a Chargebow, it might get you to kill a few until you level up a Melee Level up. Which isn't necessary for Ranged Leveling. I'm sure you'll be able to get 10k easily from people or at least get it supported using your Main.

F2P Leveling

Level 1-20 Men - Cooked Shrimps/Chicken

Level 20-30 Cockroach Soldiers - Pike/Trout

Level 30-40 Moss Giant - Lobster/Tuna

Level 40-50 Lesser Demons/Greater Demons - Lobster/Swordfish

Level 50-100 Red Deadly Spiders - Swordfish/Defence Potion/Ranging Potion

I thought you were supposed to range against your weakness for maximum accuracy, for example rangers would kill magic-based monsters. Never tried out red spiders. I probably understand EoC less than you, so correct me if I'm wrong.

(Thankfully) I only had to get one level to max ranging post-EoC, but to train I killed Greater Demons in the Forinthry Dungeon. I don't remember the xp rates, though I believe Lessers were a little faster. I killed Greaters for the decent drops (by freeplay standards).

So pures aren't dead yet? I guess it makes some sense because prayer doesn't increase combat anymore. Training a pure these days must be pretty awful though.

I'm not sure I would call EOC an "abomination" (at least to players with defence), but you are correct in that nobody played EOC and went "Wow, this is the best thing since sliced bread!"

I disagree basically from 1-30 of your training guide. The troll dungeon in Burthorpe is by far the best way to train combat levels at least until 25 or 30. The trolls are so fast training it is unfair. I think their lifepoint/experience ratio is messed up.

I hope I never have to train range freeplay again.

I disagree basically from 1-30 of your training guide. The troll dungeon in Burthorpe is by far the best way to train combat levels at least until 25 or 30. The trolls are so fast training it is unfair. I think their lifepoint/experience ratio is messed up.

I don't think their experience is messed up or anything like that. They're there for new players to get through the low combat levels fast. Most of us got through the early levels at normal rates and we survived though.

Also it's not really necessary to bring food anymore if you just use the defensive ability that heals you. If you're a pure you won't be able to use it because there is a defense requirement.

I don't think their experience is messed up or anything like that. They're there for new players to get through the low combat levels fast. Most of us got through the early levels at normal rates and we survived though.

Also it's not really necessary to bring food anymore if you just use the defensive ability that heals you. If you're a pure you won't be able to use it because there is a defense requirement.

Yes, he's right. My Guide is perfectly fine, we're talking about fast leveling and less damage taken. Apparently Men are very harmless and from RuneScape 2 until EoC, many people still train there. In 10 Ranged I bet you can get them to 1 hit. That would be around 30-40 experience. Greater Demons and Lessers are fast. Lessers give 330s exp and Greaters give a little difference of it. Red Spiders give 530s. Cockroache Worker gives 64 and Soldier gives 73-78. Staying on a newbie course like you said that Trollifying the Trolls with Ranged on Burthrope from Level 1-30 is gonna be effective, but slow. But I won't stop you from doing your own strategic Ranged Training. This is my suggestion, not my recommendation. Recommending it would create an Argument.

I don't know really. Trolls are 40 lp and give around 40 xp. Men have to be more than that and probably give less xp. I have not tested this though.

530 per kill is pretty fast actually. I never tried those out because I was trying to go with the combat triangle, but it looks like those could be decent. Why did you say do greaters/lessers and then switch to red spiders though?

530 per kill is pretty fast actually. I never tried those out because I was trying to go with the combat triangle, but it looks like those could be decent. Why did you say do greaters/lessers and then switch to red spiders though?

Well greaters are almost the same as Red Spiders unless you're already capable of successful kill of red spiders within 3 abilities or 4. Greater Demons are better to train at if you find red spiders rather hard. Greater Demons on the Wilderness Volcano will do to avoid player killers, don't train on the forinthry dungeon. Besides! The reason greaters are almost the same as spiders is because the Raptor Non-Player Character shows up sometimes and kills greater demons himself. If you're able to damage the demon before he kills it, then it's like killing a level 8 imp that gives high exp. It's just the matter of preferences.

TAKE NOTE : I am only going to share this information to you. We have found a some sort of invulnerability from your target for a few seconds. I'd suggest participating on the beast and the bird world event 2. Get yourself a Devotion Ability from the tier 2 in which requires Runite Faction Armadylean/Bandosisn Token of Fealty and around 40k Renowns. I'll explain myself in a few hours about this PvP strategy. Meanwhile, I'll be at school.

TAKE NOTE : I am only going to share this information to you.

And everyone else who wants to read this, even if they aren't registered on this site :P.

Do you think an account with 94 ranged 44 prayer and 1 def could be effective at pking?

Not against anyone with 50+ Defence at least. At 1 Defence you won't have a lot of lifepoints due to not being able to wear decent armour, almost all players should be able to 3-hit you.

But then again I've never attempted EoC PvP with a 1 Defence account, I could be wrong.

Do you think an account with 94 ranged 44 prayer and 1 def could be effective at pking?

Not against anyone with 50+ Defence at least. At 1 Defence you won't have a lot of lifepoints due to not being able to wear decent armour, almost all players should be able to 3-hit you.

But then again I've never attempted EoC PvP with a 1 Defence account, I could be wrong.

I could also go with 85 ranged and 40-50 def (40 atm). Is that supposed to work better?

I could also go with 85 ranged and 40-50 def (40 atm). Is that supposed to work better?

Alot better actually. So about this trick. You need to get the Devotion Ability and 43 prayer. The Devotion Ability makes your prayer 100% Effective for 20 seconds. If a melee attacks you and you used devotion and melee protection prayer, all is attacks will be "1" only even if they use the ultimate ability, overpower or berserk. I've been doing this on clan wars and a Level 194 said to me "Wtf, It felt like I've been hitting you for 10 minutes. I thought my computer was crashing for a second there.".

Dang, did not devotion was that good. I'm not sure if Jagex is going to keep devotion like that though; prayers have never been 100% effective against players. Not sure why it would be now.

Alot better actually. So about this trick. You need to get the Devotion Ability and 43 prayer. The Devotion Ability makes your prayer 100% Effective for 20 seconds. If a melee attacks you and you used devotion and melee protection prayer, all is attacks will be "1" only even if they use the ultimate ability, overpower or berserk. I've been doing this on clan wars and a Level 194 said to me "Wtf, It felt like I've been hitting you for 10 minutes. I thought my computer was crashing for a second there.".

Good to know, although I think people will probably just run from the fight and call me names if I do that in wildy.

Good to know, although I think people will probably just run from the fight and call me names if I do that in wildy.

Well would you rather let him run or would you prefer running yourself? Haha! :)

Well would you rather let him run or would you prefer running yourself? Haha! :)

I prefer killing.