Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shooter585

Reviving Wilderness in 07

http://services.rune...65261832,goto,1

That development blog came out today. I'm looking forward to it, it's something Jagex should have done years ago (in the "contemporary" game). It was suggested several times by the clan community before EoC. One of the reasons the Wilderness was so active before its original removal was due to players looking for resources, ie the hill giants, greater demons, rune rocks, and so on. I think Wilderness activity relies a lot on new players though, new players which 07 does not have.

I hope it is a tremendous success and they implement it in RS3

Edited by Shooter585

Shooter is pretty much right. It's no coincidence that the top pking places also happened to be top skilling places. Hill Giants, Greater Demons, Dark Warriors, etc. I'm also glad someone in Jagex is smart enough to listen to what the players have been saying for years. This has greatly improved my respect for the 07 Jagex mods (all four of them, I believe).

I like the idea of going into deep wilderness to do some very risky but insanely rewarding skilling - nowadays people go in for the 2 Rune rocks, to get their God capes back, the Wilderness Agility course and that's about it. They seem to have been thinking of this for a long time - looks to be a huge update.

Although on top of this they also need to either limit the worlds or only implement this on a couple of worlds for this to work.

Although on top of this they also need to either limit the worlds or only implement this on a couple of worlds for this to work.

I disagree, the odds are stacked so far against skillers that they need some sort of defense (many worlds). The worlds probably should be reduced anyway, but don't make it so there are pkers camping every resource spot.

But come on there are only 100 or so players in every world. This needs to be addressed, otherwise I think it may be too easy for skillers.

But come on there are only 100 or so players in every world. This needs to be addressed, otherwise I think it may be too easy for skillers.

No the lowest seem to have around 200 and the highest have about 1300 (excluding trade worlds). It's comparable to rs3. I'm not opposed to eliminating 5 or so, but nobody is going to skill there if it's impossible to fly under the radar, and therefore nobody will pk there.

I used to just go to the Boneyard and powertrain Prayer with my sister. Those were the good old days, before Construction.

Doesn't that idea of a dragon pick in 07 seem a bit weird to you guys though? I would have been fine with some xp boosts in the wilderness, maybe a few training areas, and another bank.

Doesn't that idea of a dragon pick in 07 seem a bit weird to you guys though? I would have been fine with some xp boosts in the wilderness, maybe a few training areas, and another bank.

Unless its a super common drop, I reckon its gonna cost millions to get, and it isn't that game changing as something like Dragon Claws would be. Another bank in lower level wilderness (say like 20-30) would be very handy as well imo. I don't think i've gone higher than level 4 Wilderness on 07 since I started playing, maybe time for me to explore it :P

I like the idea behind it, but I'm afraid I won't like the execution. (I don't want new fish that heals more than sharks, for starters)

Why not? There area already foods that heal more than sharks (Manta Rays/Sea Turtles)

Looking forward to seeing the dragon pickaxe in game. I'm curious if they're going to release it using the old unreleased model.

What is the time table for implementation?

Not sure I don't think I can look at the old school forums anymore -.-

My account is only level 12 so I can camp the resources without fear of reprisal, hooray!

This is apparently coming March 13th.

I'm definitely checking it out.

Yeah don't have members now, but I'm getting on there as soon as I can. Looking forward to its implementation

They are adding more stuff to the wilderness such as new bosses and resources to attract more players to it. Hopefully it will bring back pking. It's expected to be released next week.

Yeah the link was posted two months ago so the "behind the scenes" topic must have been deleted. When they release it you should read the update, it's interesting and I think most Runescape players would be interested. I don't remember the specifics well enough to describe them for you.

For those who cannot see it I took some pictures:

k8IOL0p.png

Dying to some crazy chaos guy when I went too close to get a picture of him:

IMhDu6a.png

7Nte7Do.png

zu11C0H.png

JR09vMG.png

Red chins

30IjBqE.png

7OuexWQ.png

l4ujZO3.png

My thoughts:

• Worlds need to be reduced. It's too easy to camp out at a low level boss and get a dpick
  • Resource arena is a bit too expensive to get into (7.5k). Maybe reduce this.
  • Even if this dies, it will bring some more danger into the wilderness. Which is good.

It looks pretty good. I like how Mandrith is featured as the guardian. I agree the worlds need to be reduced though. Any idea how much attention this is bringing to Wilderness?