Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barnzie8

Games of 2014

So with a new year comes a new battle in the console wars, pc's are still going strong. What games are you excited to play? I'm a south park fan so im waiting for the stick of truth to release.

I'm a bit cautious of sandbox style rpgs, after playing bethesda bugfest's, i mean there great fun but far to many random crashes.

GTAV on PC.

I'm a bit cautious of sandbox style rpgs, after playing bethesda bugfest's, i mean there great fun but far to many random crashes.

They wouldn't be Bethesda games without the bugs.

Shadow of mordor reminds me of assassins creed. I haven't heard anything about The order, what is the genre, world?

I'm still backlogged with the games from 2013. I hope to finally by able to play GTAV this year and play The Order. The premise and trailer grabbed by attention on the latter. There's also The Division (Tom Clancy games tend to be good) and the Game of Thrones thing by Telltale Games (any game coming out from that studio is worth every cent).

What's a Bethesda game without bugs? I ask you you! :P

Plus, that's the reason why mods exist and why you only play sandbox games on the PC. Saves you the headache and you can make skyrim look way more cooler. ^_^

The division does show a lot of promise. Starcitizen and wasteland 2 on pc look fun, they are both large rpgs where your actions will shape the world.

Destiny reminds me very much of borderlands. Final fantasy x is getting an update, i never got those extra aeons, nice to get them this time and the vita needs some good games.

if destiny is anything like borderlands I'm going to buy 120 copies

^^^

From the start it has always looked like a Halo/Borderlands mashup, which if so, is going to be absolutely amazeing

I want Destiny and Tales From the Borderlands. I'm a huge borderlands fan, so ill love it no matter what. And Destiny looks like a halo version of borderlands. How awesome will that be?

(Insert troll about new CoD being best game series ever, and no game could ever beat it, so we should all be really anticipating that new game.)

The Division is being made by Ubisoft Massive, that alone should be reason to expect it to be good.

Really looking forward to Destiny, Tales of the Borderlands, The Order 1886, Titanfall (probably when I'll finally buy an Xbox One), Watch_Dogs, KH3, FFXV, and Halo 5 (which won't come out till probably holiday 2015).

Destiny- Preorder this the first day you could. I was so hyped to hear Bungie was finally coming back after years of saying they were in the progress of a new type of sci-fi shooter that had never been done before on console. Still following the game, I still can't wait for it. Probably gonna be a Warlock.

TotB- An episodic Borderlands game? Count me in. The Borderlands art style is unique and what hooked my into graphic design in the video game field.

The Order: 1886- Probably the best looking "original new" games to come out. Was skeptical at first reading the GameInformer article, but now I'm highly anticipating this game to go beyond my expectations.

Titanfall- This FPS looks unique in many ways. I hope that the gameplay trailer for it is not fake. I like the mechanics of the game and it definitely adds a whole new twist to how mobility > weapons in this game.

Watch_Dogs- Modern take on Assassin's Creed? Count me in. Especially after AC4, I have big hopes for this game.

KH3- I swear, if this isn't on your list, it will be. Looking forward to pass the time with the KH 1 and 2 remakes (yes, KH2 remake will probably come out this year and KH3 in 2015 as it is scheduled to be finished by).

FFXV- Formerly Versus XIII, this was probably one of the most anticipated FF games prior to XIV. I mean, XIII had its flair, but releasing it prior to the actual combat engine was finished was not the best move. Honestly, XV is supposed to be the finished product of XIII because of the time spent in making it (so many delays and the cancellation of XIII Agito). The combat system intrigues me because its the good old party system, but with a twist of switching perspectives.

Halo 5- Big fan of the franchise even if I came into Halo 3. Played Halo: CE, but the rarity of Halo 2 left me behind. Luckily the series is looking to remake Halo 2 into HD. But nonetheless, Halo 5 has to follow up that ending in Halo 4, and I cannot wait to see what happens (yes I know I could read the books, but I like to have that wait).

Edited by Gary Oak

I'm looking forward to buying a PS3 for cheap this year and catching up on a bunch of games I missed: The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD, Sly 4, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

In terms of new releases this year, I'm excited for Titanfall because it's potentially a game-changer in the same way that Modern Warfare 1 was, and I'm excited for Destiny because Bungie gave me the original three Halos and I want to see them do well. Honestly though, I don't see myself spending a lot of time playing either once they come out because the multiplayer videogame scene in my town has died down a lot since the MW1-BlackOps era. There's a rumor that there will be a Halo 2 Anniversary coming out this year. If the multiplayer is the exact same as the original Halo 2, I will buy everyone in my town an Xbox so we can play it. I WILL KILL PEOPLE FOR THAT GAME.

But nothing so far eclipses the excitement I have for Dark Souls 2. DS1 was my favorite gaming experience of all time. I have so much faith in From. I'm not watching a single video or reading any gameplay details--I can't wait to go in totally blind and immerse myself in that world again.

EDIT: Also, I am really really really bored of the FPS deluge that gaming has gotten since Halo 3 onwards, so this year I'm going to be going out of my way to try games in other genres and games that experiment with conventions, mostly because I'm bloody tired of the FPS experience and partly because I wanna support those trends with my purchasing habits.

Edited by Samsara

I'm looking forward to buying a PS3 for cheap this year and catching up on a bunch of games I missed: The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD, Sly 4, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

In terms of new releases this year, I'm excited for Titanfall because it's potentially a game-changer in the same way that Modern Warfare 1 was, and I'm excited for Destiny because Bungie gave me the original three Halos and I want to see them do well. Honestly though, I don't see myself spending a lot of time playing either once they come out because the multiplayer videogame scene in my town has died down a lot since the MW1-BlackOps era. There's a rumor that there will be a Halo 2 Anniversary coming out this year. If the multiplayer is the exact same as the original Halo 2, I will buy everyone in my town an Xbox so we can play it. I WILL KILL PEOPLE FOR THAT GAME.

But nothing so far eclipses the excitement I have for Dark Souls 2. DS1 was my favorite gaming experience of all time. I have so much faith in From. I'm not watching a single video or reading any gameplay details--I can't wait to go in totally blind and immerse myself in that world again.

EDIT: Also, I am really really really bored of the FPS deluge that gaming has gotten since Halo 3 onwards, so this year I'm going to be going out of my way to try games in other genres and games that experiment with conventions, mostly because I'm bloody tired of the FPS experience and partly because I wanna support those trends with my purchasing habits.

I wonder how they will one-up DS with DS2. I'm really looking forward to increased difficulty.

I wonder how they will one-up DS with DS2. I'm really looking forward to increased difficulty.

Increased difficulty for sure. The game shouldn't get easier on re-runs. I'm hoping that they revamp the covenant system to make it a little more accessible and worthwhile. The online netcode needs to be reworked too. It took way too long to connect to other players in DS1. Actually, if they find entirely new ways to work multiplayer into DS2 I'd be really happy. The online in DS1 was very barebones and I think it was a missed opportunity. So yeah, I hope they fix two of DS's biggest flaws: online and covenants. Beyond that, I have a lot of faith in From when it comes to story, worldbuilding, character and level design... I'm sure that DS2 will be fantastic.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.