Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sobend

Sobend's Throwback Throwback log

Throwback Throwback log  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should Neo Avatars come back?

• YESS!!!
    • DEFINITELY!!!

Eh there's not many players. May not be worth it. It would be nice if they fixed it though.

I worry about the game falling into complete disrepair though.

Eh there's not many players. May not be worth it. It would be nice if they fixed it though.

I worry about the game falling into complete disrepair though.

^ that would be the issue at hand

OCkTgOj.png

How is anyone supposed to figure out what level this is just by looking at the post.

I forgot to put the level in but super-sleuth Angel Hayley figured it out.

88 Firemaking

T6AcvtH.png

Going to switch to mining until 65 mining.

EiqvXNK.png

99 is probably in 2 years at this rate. I don't know if I'll make it because I might quit by that time. But I'm spending much more time on RSC than RS3 lately and when they get rid of java I'll be playing 100% on RSC. So maybe that will accelerate things.

Y0mKO7p.png

Finally got 65 mining. Big changes going down in my life - too busy.

On 01/08/2017 at 9:26 AM, Sobend said:

Y0mKO7p.png

Finally got 65 mining. Big changes going down in my life - too busy.

Gz on 65 mining :) take care anyway! Hope to see you around more anyway :P

On 12/2/2017 at 10:51 PM, Jj Dynomite said:

I miss throwing back with Sobend

Well it's not like you haven't been in absentia lately too. :tongue2:

Well this morning they announced they would be shutting down Runescape Classic on August 6th. I was very sad to hear this and I should have expected it with them shutting down FunOrb. I honestly thought they would never close RSC for historical reasons and to show new Jagex employees what the game was once like.

Anyway, I've spent some time looking over this topic. It was nice to relive some (recent) memories from 2014 and 2015. I had a lot of fun with this game. I will probably spend the last two-and-a-half months playing again, though I doubt I'll grind out 99 or even 90 firemaking. But I can probably do a few things, like do the mage arena miniquest (the one thing I have not done).

PBF8aEF.png

I hope to reconnect with some of my old friends from this game too. I've already spoken with two who are as sad as I am. This thread will now sort of act as some "farewell" to this game, though that sounds too corny. Is "cya" a better term?

Really sucks they shut down Runescape Classic after all that work.  Feels like this is the beginning of the end of Runescape as a whole to me, maybe I'm a bit melodramatic but I never really saw this day coming.  I haven't logged in since I helped with that partner quest (can't remember the name), but always enjoyed knowing I could log back in considering Oldschool will probably lose its old feel eventually.

There's a pretty good video on speculations as to why it's actually closing:

If you're too lazy to watch, the theory is based on potential issues, like legal problems. For example, if someone says "I'm going to kill John Doe" on a game there might be a duty to inform the police of this. There is no framework to monitor this type of language on Runescape Classic, or Funorb for that matter. So it's a legal liability and it's not worth that potential.

Anyway, I think I'll try to do mage arena and try to solo the King Black Dragon in June and July.

At first I did not think I would have the money to get the God Spells unlocked and to get all of the gear for KBD, but I do. I alched a lot of dragon weapons I had from drop parties (couldn't sell because nobody is investing in them now) and was able to buy some crap. I've also been talking to "The Boys," who told me that it would be foolish to not go 88->90 firemaking so I could get a 90 skill in RSC. So I'm doing that too.

I'm going to kill the KBD over and over again next week until I kill him.

Getting rid of some raw materials: 51 smithing

QtUkNuv.png

a8SbruW.png

Edited by Sobend

I've tried to kill the KBD three times - all failures.

But I've done mage arena

hKVkue3.png

WEQGDLg.png

yEm2Q33.png

I'll unlock it soon.

I've tried nine times, all failures. Still, I think it's possible and I will continue on. I am getting within 10% of the health.

Until then, here's a teaser pic: me and the King.

E12Jfoi.png

I have slain the King Black Dragon!

Quadruple post!

71 Woodcutting

n5VNB6h.png

67 Magic

z9Fw7i5.png

Dragon Med Helm drop from KBD!

ta5kroe.png