Sal's RuneScape Forum

And of course the typical Jagex denying pretty much every ban appeal: http://www.robotzind...ter-the-offence

Maybe if he didn't macro, he wouldn't be permanently banned :]

I had a single mining bot collecting coal at the mining guild and traded like 5k coal to my main account. BAN HAMMER!!

I think he was talking about he was using a separate account to bot with and his main account got banned for having 5,000 coal transferred to it. Either way, I've known Jagex to pretty much ignore just about any damn appeal. They certainly have never seemed to cooperate with me. I remember being so raged when my account was banned. I think I was going to quit for a while, so I gave away all my cash and kept my items. My account got banned and they didn't accept the appeal.

And of course the typical Jagex denying pretty much every ban appeal: http://www.robotzind...ter-the-offence

Maybe if he didn't macro, he wouldn't be permanently banned :]

I had a single mining bot collecting coal at the mining guild and traded like 5k coal to my main account. BAN HAMMER!!

I think he was talking about he was using a separate account to bot with and his main account got banned for having 5,000 coal transferred to it. Either way, I've known Jagex to pretty much ignore just about any damn appeal. They certainly have never seemed to cooperate with me. I remember being so raged when my account was banned. I think I was going to quit for a while, so I gave away all my cash and kept my items. My account got banned and they didn't accept the appeal.

If he botted on one account and the bot account gave its botted materials to another, both should definitely be banned.

Yeah transfering items between two of your accounts is illegal as well. I'm not sure it's considering botting, but it is against the rules.

If he botted on one account and the bot account gave its botted materials to another, both should definitely be banned.

I think in the RuneScape botting population we had two different types of botters:

1. Commercial-type bots which would do things to make money (sell gold for real life $).

2. General use type bots, these guys would bot certain skills to do something as simple as level up (which leveling up certain skills can be REALLY boring).

The first type should be thrown out without any sort of remorse on behalf of Jagex, but with the second one. You may be throwing out some of your REAL users and potentially members which make you money. From a business point of view, the second type should be given a single warning that their botting activity has been DETECTED and if they continue to engage in bot-like behavior, they will be permanently banned.

We may have a difference in opinion though, that is fine. Let's not stick to this specific issue though as I believe there are many more to think of. Anyone else got more ideas? :wink:

Edited by NoSouls

I think in the RuneScape botting population we had two different types of botters:

1. Commercial-type bots which would do things to make money (sell gold for real life $).

2. General use type bots, these guys would bot certain skills to do something as simple as level up (which leveling up certain skills can be REALLY boring).

The first type should be thrown out without any sort of remorse on behalf of Jagex, but with the second one. You may be throwing out some of your REAL users and potentially members which make you money. From a business point of view, the second type should be given a single warning that their botting activity has been DETECTED and if they continue to engage in bot-like behavior, they will be permanently banned.

We may have a difference in opinion though, that is fine. Let's not stick to this specific issue though as I believe there are many more to think of. Anyone else got more ideas? :wink:

With bot watch you get 3 chances before a perma ban.

I don't think this is true.

I don't think this is true.

57 seconds into the video.

There have been pretty recent examples of instant bans.

There have been pretty recent examples of instant bans.

From the banned persons mouth, I always find it hard to believe people about bans, you know cause they are always falsely accused and innocent beyond any doubt.

There HAS to be a mix up because I can promise I have never even considereded botting before.

Its the same topic every time, with the same thing everytime. What does he have to gain from mentioning that he was perma before his ban? Will he still get advice and contact details for Jagex customer support when we know he did it? There is literally no reason to ever believe someone like this.

I believe him because 1) He seemed pretty pissed off, pissed off to join a forum and post on it and 2) was successful.

I believe him because 1) He seemed pretty pissed off, pissed off to join a forum and post on it and 2) was successful.

He wasn't successful, money just solved his problem:

They replied almost right away and informed me that my account was justly banned, however the perma ban has been lifted

And im still hesitant to believe this anyway as he never posted a picture or offered any evidence. His account also doesnt appear on the highscores either...

Edited by Azarath

I hate to bust your bubble of almighty knowing everything about BotWatch and the way the ban system works Azarath, but you are very wrong.

http://www.sythe.org...ings-jagex.html

It's a permanent ban now. They switch back and forth for whatever reasons, and right now there are no resets or warnings.

As of recent, I've heard quite a bit from the botting community how bans are permanent without warning. They especially focus banning on non-members and supposedly the botting community that I read into claimed members botting is more lenient.

Edited by NoSouls

I hate to bust your bubble of almighty knowing everything about BotWatch and the way the ban system works Azarath, but you are very wrong.

It's a permanent ban now. They switch back and forth for whatever reasons, and right now there are no resets or warnings.

As of recent, I've heard quite a bit from the botting community how bans are permanent without warning. They especially focus banning on non-members and supposedly the botting community that I read into claimed members botting is more lenient.

That thread is from 2012, where is the recent info? From your adamant support of no permanent bans on botting i'm curious to know when you were banned?

That thread is from 2012, where is the recent info? From your adamant support of no permanent bans on botting i'm curious to know when you were banned?

Find me a more recent thread that talks about bot warnings. Even so, that doesn't change the fact that at one point in time Jagex DID SUCK (or still does). ;)

Edited by NoSouls

Not going to dabble in whether Jagex sucks or not, but I think NoSouls is right with regards to botting. There's not much mercy given to suspected botters, though if you're a member you definitely have a better chance. I suppose this is just the old and outdated idea that the majority of botters are freeplay (I don't think this has been the case for a long time).

Not going to dabble in whether Jagex sucks or not, but I think NoSouls is right with regards to botting. There's not much mercy given to suspected botters, though if you're a member you definitely have a better chance. I suppose this is just the old and outdated idea that the majority of botters are freeplay (I don't think this has been the case for a long time).

This makes the most sense considering that BotWatch, I am sure uses up server resources and perhaps is somewhat costly to them. So it makes the most sense that if MOST bot-users are free-to-play, they likely focus BotWatch on the free-to-play servers. I'm not a professional about BotWatch, but it just makes logical sense to me.

Besides, Jagex just wants money now days and they probably don't care how they get it. They'll be more lenient on paying players, because if that subscription keeps renewing, they get more money.

Edited by NoSouls

Recently, Jagex delayed an anticipated Grandmaster quest involving the Dragon Rider people. It seems like this is getting pretty standard now, actually. The Zaros quest that was supposed to be released in early March has been delayed to late March and maybe April. 2013 was also the least quest dense year and we are only getting 2 updates a month, instead of the usual four we all expected when we were first playing.

What do you all make of this?

Recently, Jagex delayed an anticipated Grandmaster quest involving the Dragon Rider people. It seems like this is getting pretty standard now, actually. The Zaros quest that was supposed to be released in early March has been delayed to late March and maybe April. 2013 was also the least quest dense year and we are only getting 2 updates a month, instead of the usual four we all expected when we were first playing.

What do you all make of this?

I think they're spending too much time making minor tweaks through the Power to the Players polls, combat rework, and cosmetic/microtransaction updates. The Valentine's Day event, for instance, seems to be more of a nuisance than a legitimate event (though it pales in comparison to the incredibly stupid OSRS V-Day event—all you have to do is give a bar of chocolate to the Lumbridge Chef).

Here's an example of why Jagex has probably the worst customer support I've ever experienced.

76VK9.jpg

It's been almost a year since I appealed that mute. No response at all.

Here's an example of why Jagex has probably the worst customer support I've ever experienced.

76VK9.jpg

Yay, my friend told me something like this and I believed him! Now we have a picture. Screw Jagex, lol.

76VK9.jpg

Then again, I forgot my password and got my account reset within a day. Not saying they're perfect, but they're definitely not always bad.

76VK9.jpg

Jagex never read mute appeals, never have and never will, and as long as it's not a perma-mute then eh, you can deal with it (not excusing Jagex but they have more important matters I'm sure). This doesn't mean they have terrible customer support, in fact Jagex do customer support really well (just pop over to /r/runescape), it's just an aspect they struggle with.