Sal's RuneScape Forum

Jagex support? Hahaahhaahah yeaaahhh... nope.

http://support.probo...r-support-sucks

No offense, but a source from 2008 is not going to support an argument.

I'll also say it's hard to have great customer support, or something where nobody complains about customer support at all. It seems like I've had a complaint from every customer support service I have come in contact with.

At one point (possibly 2008) Jagex's customer support was pretty bad. In 2005 or 2006 a friend of mine was having technical difficulties, and when he asked Jagex for help they responded with buy members :P Since then it has become a lot better. About two years ago I was having problems logging in Runescape. I think we exchanged at least ten messages until we figured out the problem (it was on their end). I wasn't a member at the time and they could have just given up on me.

Here's an example of why Jagex has probably the worst customer support I've ever experienced.

76VK9.jpg

It's been almost a year since I appealed that mute. No response at all.

Jagex never read mute appeals, never have and never will, and as long as it's not a perma-mute then eh, you can deal with it (not excusing Jagex but they have more important matters I'm sure). This doesn't mean they have terrible customer support, in fact Jagex do customer support really well (just pop over to /r/runescape), it's just an aspect they struggle with.

This is the first one I've never gotten a response to. My last mutes before this one were in 2010. This was also my longest one ever at 5 days. Which in turn led to not playing their game for 5 days, because I was muted for swearing during a time when the censor is able to be toggled.

Recently, Jagex delayed an anticipated Grandmaster quest involving the Dragon Rider people. It seems like this is getting pretty standard now, actually. The Zaros quest that was supposed to be released in early March has been delayed to late March and maybe April. 2013 was also the least quest dense year and we are only getting 2 updates a month, instead of the usual four we all expected when we were first playing.

What do you all make of this?

there were no solomon/treasure hunter updates back when there were 4 updates/month though!! we have to face that it's only gonna get worse and Jagex + ivp will try to squeeze every penny out of us. the game we once all loved, is slowly turning shizzle.

Okay, so someone decided to complain about how old the customer support complaint was (rightfully so, it was 2008). Here you go then: http://www.complaint...gex-a27944.html

These are a bit fresher and I am sure there are plenty of people that are mad at Jagex, but just don't go out and post about it. I have been screwed over by them and they won't give me my account back even after I know the old password. I spent over $200 total on the game for my membership and just to walk away with $0 and a wrongful ban. ;)

Not a cool company in my opinion.

Edited by NoSouls

Still, I do not find their customer support horrible and it is definitely not a problem with the Runescape game.

I do dislike how they have abandoned some of their gaming communities (Runescape Classic and FunOrb come to mind).

They were right to abandon rs1 because there are only a couple hundred people who play it, but their abandoned projects (like Funorb and Mechscape) are silly. Funorb was a decent site too, at least for someone with my lifestyle (I feel like logging into runescape is more of a time commitment).

Runescape 1 hasn't been just abandoned... It's been desecrated. At least there is a runescape classic subforum.

It's pretty bad. Runescape classic is pretty much lawless. No rules are enforced.

That's abandonment, not desecration :P It's not worth keeping alive, if anything it is a courtesy thing for old players.

That's abandonment, not desecration :P It's not worth keeping alive, if anything it is a courtesy thing for old players.

Considering they have three servers which barely cost any money and 1000 or so paying players they probably make money on the game.

If anything they should give some mod powers to some player mods.

we demand the truth

The truth is delivered: Jagex doesn't make cool games anymore, they will only release a game if it is a money rake. :P

Edited by NoSouls

Considering they have three servers which barely cost any money and 1000 or so paying players they probably make money on the game.

If anything they should give some mod powers to some player mods.

Is that 1000 playing at one time or 1000 overall? I'm surprised they even have three servers.

Not 1000 playing at a time. 1000 overall. And that's an estimate of course. Plus many players play multiple versions (rsc and rs3 for instance).

Usually there are 100-150 users on at one time.

Jagex, you broke the skill system.

I remember back in the day when it actually felt like I had to do things to make stuff. Now everything is automated and you've basically made bots for all the skills in your game after many years you banned these same bots that function much in the way your implemented auto-bot systems work. That logic Jagex? ;)

Today's game is no more bottable than yesterday's game.

Source: Old School Runescape, Runescape Classic.

If I think that's what you're saying.

Last night I sent in a request for a password reset on an account that had no recovery questions or recovery email (I last used it in 2006). Got a response in a couple hours.

Some good customer service there :beer:

Last night I sent in a request for a password reset on an account that had no recovery questions or recovery email (I last used it in 2006). Got a response in a couple hours.

Some good customer service there :beer:

That's because your account magically had no recovery information attached, which I honestly don't understand. I think they required emails, but okay.

Also, what method did they use to recover it then? That's not quite customer support if they couldn't attach the account to you, for all they know... they got social engineered and an old time player lost their account. ;)

Edited by NoSouls

No. I gave them the original password, the date it was created, the ISP used when it was created, location where it was created, and so forth. I made it so long ago that chances are not all of the information was 100% accurate, so I'm assuming they were understanding with regards to that.

Not all accounts have been made with an email. I don't think you could even give them your email before 2007 or so, and this account was made before that.

Edit: The original account was named Hey Darlin. I liked the name which is why I recovered it. Apparently other people liked it too

igppqpL.png

ffs. Why do they just pawn off people's usernames.

Edited by Shooter585

I also dislike that they delete established accounts just to free up usernames.

No. I gave them the original password, the date it was created, the ISP used when it was created, location where it was created, and so forth. I made it so long ago that chances are not all of the information was 100% accurate, so I'm assuming they were understanding with regards to that.

Not all accounts have been made with an email. I don't think you could even give them your email before 2007 or so, and this account was made before that.

Edit: The original account was named Hey Darlin. I liked the name which is why I recovered it. Apparently other people liked it too

igppqpL.png

ffs. Why do they just pawn off people's usernames.

Yeah, that's a stick up the ahhhhhh.

Another interesting video.

I'm fairly sure that the freeing up of usernames isn't something exclusive to Jagex.